• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auctions
2 2

603 posts in this topic

JC:

You realize that this is all a ploy to make you blow your top before the next VCC don't you... :baiting:

Don't fall for it! It's a TRAP! :o

Just out of curiosity, why do we really an auction format? What is the benefit?

Ask banner - he seems to be headlining all these looser interpretations of the board guidelines. (shrug)

For the Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? of it really.

Something different, something new.

Something borrowed, something blue.

My 2c on this

and excuse me if somebody has already addressed this already - I haven't read the entire thread

PMs should not be allowed - only a post

I agree with this.

If you're running your auction like tmoore is doing (whatever someone bids automatically becomes the high bid), then there's no need to "hide" the bid and bids posted directly in the thread are fine. However, if you're running an increment auction (sort of like ebay, you only have to beat the current bid by a fixed increment but your "max bid" does not automatically become the high bid), then you need to allow bidding via PM.

You realize that this is all a ploy to make you blow your top before the next VCC don't you...

Nah, none of the VCCE will sell to me anyway, so that's no angle.

Speak to me Elite.

WILL YOU SELL TO THIS BOARD MEMBER? (shrug)

You realize that this is all a ploy to make you blow your top before the next VCC don't you...

Actually, I just like saying "It's a TRAP! :o " lol

Just out of curiosity, why do we really an auction format? What is the benefit?

Ask banner - he seems to be headlining all these looser interpretations of the board guidelines. (shrug)

Sorry, but it wasn't my idea. I've never run a single auction in the 6+ years I've been buying and selling on the boards, and I don't believe I've ever even bid on a board auction. However, I have seen collectors successfully run auctions elsewhere, and I know they can be done successfully here as well so I'm all about supporting those that wish to give it a shot. (thumbs u

Hey, didn't you recently post in General telling everyone that you were "movin' on up" and you were going to spend a lot less time here? Thanks for the big announcement...I guess the move went a lot smoother than you were anticipating! :baiting:

I thought you made peace with the VCCE, decided to drop your VCC boycott, and subsequently made a donation to the charity...auction? (shrug)

I've seen these type of auction threads on the Valiant boards and it's hit and miss.

The three-day format seems to be more immediate with updates at the end of each day. It'd also probably work better with a lot of books rather than just one. (shrug)

VCC Charity auctions are "live" so to speak... and the idea is to have them while there is a critical mass of board members looking at the VCC Main Hall during the VCC weekend.

My 2c on this

and excuse me if somebody has already addressed this already - I haven't read the entire thread

PMs should not be allowed - only a post

I agree with this.

If you're running your auction like tmoore is doing (whatever someone bids automatically becomes the high bid), then there's no need to "hide" the bid and bids posted directly in the thread are fine. However, if you're running an increment auction (sort of like ebay, you only have to beat the current bid by a fixed increment but your "max bid" does not automatically become the high bid), then you need to allow bidding via PM.

This is true. Do all auctions have to be the same format, eg increment/no increment or can it be down to individual auctioneers to decide which way they run it. It could get confusing if it's not made very clear to the sellers.

Hey, didn't you recently post in General telling everyone that you were "movin' on up" and you were going to spend a lot less time here?

In-between offers and building inspection. (shrug)

The last one was really nice -pool, deck, huge back yard - but too bad about the slope. doh!

I thought you made peace with the VCCE, decided to drop your VCC boycott, and subsequently made a donation to the charity...auction? (shrug)

Sure, I did, but I certainly didn't notice any reciprocal behavior from the VCCE. (shrug)

This is true. Do all auctions have to be the same format, eg increment/no increment or can it be down to individual auctioneers to decide which way they run it. It could get confusing if it's not made very clear to the sellers.

No, it's up to the seller to decide how to sell their books. (thumbs u

I'm going to try a single auction thread containing a few lots as opposed to individual books.

I will prob just post them in the normal selling thread. Seems silly to do it in the VCC thread where noone will see it but JC and the VCC Elite. lol

I'll try to get it listed tonight. (thumbs u

Sure, I did, but I certainly didn't notice any reciprocal behavior from the VCCE. (shrug)

Oh please. I get tired of you playing the damned victim all the time. You have made your on ing bed, now go wallow in it. Quit poor mouthing and STFU for Christ's sake. All you live for is damn drama. I've had enough. Good day.

Speak to me Elite.

WILL YOU SELL TO THIS BOARD MEMBER? (shrug)

HeII, I've sold to Cal. If I'll sell to Cal, I'll sell to anyone.