• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone know how to reach CAP Freak?

878 posts in this topic

Think back to when you were a minor, would you have been able to complete a sale here without scamming someone?

Yes. Without a doubt.

An age limit is not needed. We just need people with a fully functional brain and some ethics. That is all.

On the contrary. This has nothing to do with touchy feely emotions or bias against the young. It is entirely based on pragmatism. The reality is simple: involving yourself in a business transaction with a minor is one of the riskiest things you can do. In some states, because minors cannot legally enter into contacts (for that is what these all are), a buyer could quite possibly be out everything, and not even have the option of suing the parents. I've seen it happen.

There are reasons why we have age limits. They are valid reasons which have stood up for centuries.

Nothing posted on this thread changed my decision FYI. My plan was told to people who PM'd me, I just now made it public. Thank You.

And when the officer speaks to you and your parents, he'll make it a matter of public record.

Be sure to thank him as well.

Nothing posted on this thread changed my decision FYI. My plan was told to people who PM'd me, I just now made it public. Thank You.

And when the officer speaks to you and your parents, he'll make it a matter of public record.

lol(worship)

Okay, what do you need from the Stanley Hotel as I think the board owes you a thank you?

Okay, what do you need from the Stanley Hotel as I think the board owes you a thank you?

No need to thank me...I'm happy to help. (thumbs u

Ok you have a point.

But then you have another problem. Unless CGC sets the Age limit.

Then the most found age anyone can register a forum at is 13+

The minimum age requirement on the CGC boards is 16 Ironically, Conner grandfathered in when the change took place last year.

Ok you have a point.

The minimum age requirement on the CGC boards is 16 Ironically, Conner grandfathered in when the change took place last year.

dumb question but how is this enforced

You actually read a PM :o

:roflmao:

Well hopefully everything gets set right.

Between reading up on this thread and the pressing thread my whole night is gone...

:frustrated:

For the record:

I sent Junkenstein his book as I said I would, now he owes me $100.

About time!

And the rest of the folks on the list Connor?

Will be refunded as soon as the $100 dispute is over and I receive the other $100 as planned.

Connor, I am seriously lost here, why would the fact that you sent a book to one person, impact on your obligations to fulfill your other commitments?

Exactly.

I would suggest to Connor that he make full restitution to ALL parties involved.

I would also strongly suggest that he do it immediately before the mess hits the fan this week.

Unbelievable. I wake up this morning to 116 new posts in this thread.

Lets hope its getting resolved finally so we can go back to the pressing threads

Ok you have a point.

dumb question but how is this enforced

They use a rigorous 100-question test based upon events from the early-90's.

You actually read a PM :o

It's more like he actually responsed to a PM. Connor, for the record, Sharon is correct, you should ship out the books people purchased regardless of another transaction. In any event, it is a luke-warm feeling that you are attempting to make amends.

For the record:

About time!

Will be refunded as soon as the $100 dispute is over and I receive the other $100 as planned.

once i recieve the book i will certainly pay what is owed. not to get into it further, why exactly did you decide to send the book out? you had no intention of, since the agreement was to send the book out immediately around 5/27 and it took until 6/12 to mail it? that is my question.

j

For the record:

About time!

once i recieve the book i will certainly pay what is owed. not to get into it further, why exactly did you decide to send the book out? you had no intention of, since the agreement was to send the book out immediately around 5/27 and it took until 6/12 to mail it? that is my question.

j

I may be wrong, but I'm guessing....... hm

81152.gif.383bcae727e462f8a8e7133554b06bb8.gif

I may be wrong, but I'm guessing....... hm

Nooooooo.

He was sitting there, playing an Xbox game (TERMINATOR 3-D), and when the famous Sarah Connor quote came up "There's no fate but what we make for ourselves," it finally dawned on him what this means.

Being a respectable, considerate board member does put you in good standing with the majority. It has to be that.

:wishluck:

What else could it have been?

He couldn't afford the mandatory refunds as he'd already spent everone elses money (shrug)

DANG! That's it!

You pegged that nail right on the head Gav.

So much for my "Believe in mankind's goodness" theory. :insane: