• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

who did cap freak stiff? According to the kudos he's buying up the joint which sickens me as obviously this whole thread means nothing as people are dealing with him. I guess money beats principle everytime here.

He had a long standing want list with me from before the comicday incident.

I was holding stuff for him until he could pay.

so we should take him off the list since people are dealing with him anyway? Well lighthouse will be making his reappearance on the boards any day now and we will all jump at buying trades from him.

Let me see if i understand where you and maybe others are coming from.

1. If someone fails to make good on a deal they go on the list.

2. Once on the list these people should be ingnored or banned by the sellers from buing anything going forward.

3. They stay on the list forever.

I am all for the list but also think that a way of getting off the list is needed. Banning someone from buying again seems to prevent this from occuring.

What about a 2 or 3 strikes ploicy.

1 Strike is a warning with your name in lights.

2 or 3 strikes is a time induced or permenant ban going forward.

Just my 2 cents.

Russ...

I can appreciate the idea behind the thread, and I take it as if I want to make a deal with anyone on the list to proceed with caution. If the seller decides to take a chance on these "damaged goods" and the deal backfires, that's a classic example of "don't say we didn't warn you". That being said, it should always fall back on the seller as his/her choice to make a deal with anyone. He/She should have the same right to accept or refuse dealing with anyone at any given time. The word "probation" doesn't really mean probation here, but it seems more appropriate to attach a stigma of "caution" to any of the buyers/sellers on the list. Hey, that's what it means to me, anyway. 2c

Andy

4 more days and i have a shocker badguy to add to the list. the deal has been screwed from the word go. but he has 4 more days to send me my damn comics................

Here are the rules for the thread since day one . . .

I'm thinking we should start a Forum Sales "Probation" Thread where forum members can post notices of non-paying members, i.e., those that have posted the little guy :takeit: in response to sales threads, and suddenly developed amnesia when it comes time to pay. :P

You can also post, "I paid for it, now where is it" messages here as well. Probation is probation.

I suggest a 1-month waiting period on any transaction before outing the scoundrel here. If the issue hasn't been resolved in a month, chances are, it's gone to the dogs! :sumo:

Updates will be provided when possible. Names will be removed from the Probation List upon notification of resolution between the buyer and seller. Let's try to be responsible here, and have the thread serve a purpose to the community. :grin:

(thumbs u (thumbs u

man this place sucks that the mods can't let us decide what we can and can not talk about
This thread was such a stupid place to talk about it though. I'm reiterating my call to end this one at 65 pages and archive it.

man this place sucks that the mods can't let us decide what we can and can not talk about

Responding to somebody whenever they post with something that is unrelated to their post and/or the thread is called trolling and is explicitly against the rules.

Responding to somebody whenever they post with something that is unrelated to their post and/or the thread is called trolling and is explicitly against the rules.

rules :frustrated:

anarchy :cloud9:

This thread was such a stupid place to talk about it though. I'm reiterating my call to end this one at 65 pages and archive it.

Done! Borrowing from Divad's initial post of this thread, I made a new one including a link back to this one. Now to get one of our fearless mods to sticky Part II and we're set! (thumbs u

OK I have someone I paid for a comic back in APRIL this year and the CGCer has apparently dropped off the Earth. What is my next step???

Curious CAL (shrug)

You have been more then patient and its time to out the person.