• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Remember Buffy-fan making a point that he had a problem with a long-term boarder that he got no support over, because he wasn't part of the 'in-crowd'?

I'm pretty sure I remember that most people were asking who the boarder was that he had problems with. BF refused to answer.

Remember Buffy-fan making a point that he had a problem with a long-term boarder that he got no support over, because he wasn't part of the 'in-crowd'?

I'm pretty sure I remember that most people were asking who the boarder was that he had problems with. BF refused to answer.

I'm aware of that, which I why I said...

Whether true or not, we all denied it could be possible...

But it's still missing the point, isn't it? That point being, could we not just leave one thread alone? (shrug)

I am all for support Nick, but Buffy Fan failed to name anyone.

Furthermore, do you really think that Brent aka QUALITYCOMIX isn't going to mail the books out to tomc? If so, then by all means let's string him up and put his name on the "list."

Just waiting for a little leadership mon capitaine.

I personally believe (and I think many others) that the original thread (Divad's thread) will be unlocked. I feel that with all that has happened, (and I'm talking about more than just users on probation still involved in the marketplace) it is hard not to wander off-topic.

Certainly, none of the OT posts in this thread meant any disrespect to you.

Things will calm down in a week or so. The original thread will get unlocked. I feel that the design/rules may need to be modified/changed. Maybe it should be a forum rule that user's on probation "cannot" purchase books through the boards for at least a month.

Be patient and don't take any of this so personal. (thumbs u

Furthermore, do you really think that Brent aka QUALITYCOMIX isn't going to mail the books out to tomc? If so, then by all means let's string him up and put his name on the "list."

Well Probation doesn't have to be a permanant thing, the purpose was to bring it to everyone's attention when a transaction was not completed within a reasonable amount of time(30 days).

I also thought that one could be removed from Probation if the situation was resolved with the parties to the offendeds satisfaction, which is what happened with Cap FFreak, correct? Wouldn't it be more appropriate for pirate to start up his own "Welcher" thread instead of putting him back on the Probation list?

And what happened to the original Probation Thread Moderator(no offense to sheradon)?

Edited by GACollectibles

FT: I'm all for keeping this thread as On-topic as possible.

DW: Not sure what the deal is, but 30 days is 30 days without shipping the comics. If that's the case, they deserve to be put on the list.

No, I believe Brent will come through, as he always has done.

However, does that mean that we all ignore the 'weird kid' who right now has a valid complaint? Because he's not one of the 'witty come-back' gang? Because we just know that he truely hasn't got a problem? (ComicSupply, anyone?)

And actually worse than that, we don't just ignore him, we instead spew out this pointless, nonsensical sub-greggy garbage?

Yeah, I'm ranting, but please, all of you, get a grip. rantrant

But what's with the constant derailment of this thread?

The list of those on Probation doesn't need to be updated too often. I think the CAPfreek issue happened about a month ago and kind of been resolved. :wishluck:

I mean, I started a new clean one so we could have this thread serve a purpose, yet you all strive to completely crash it like a train wreck. What gives?

See above? (shrug)

Is it that the majority here don't want a buyer/seller beware thread?

My opinion is that we do want one.

Should we just can the whole idea?

My opinion is that we do not want to can the whole idea.

Is it that it's not designed the way you want it?

See above? (shrug)

Do you think it's a silly idea?

No.

Just answerin' questions. :foryou:

However, does that mean that we all ignore the 'weird kid' who right now has a valid complaint? Because he's not one of the 'witty come-back' gang? Because we just know that he truely hasn't got a problem? (ComicSupply, anyone?)

And actually worse than that, we don't just ignore him, we instead spew out this pointless, nonsensical sub-greggy garbage?

I agree that his comment should have been addressed by someone. (I feel bad that didn't).

Some kudos for ComicSupply:

I had problems with him and addressed them in the "Hey comicsupply thread" When he came back to the boards, he sent me a very nice PM saying how sorry he was and Gave me a pack of Mylite2's legal size for $10 shipped.

Well, Brent and Tom are obviously communicating with one another about the matter, so what, as a group, should we do now?

Well, Brent and Tom are obviously communicating with one another about the matter, so what, as a group, should we do now?

Number one, somebody could have at least acknowledged his post.

Two, somebody could have asked for more details and some feeling as to whether it was likely to be resolved any time soon.

Three, somebody could have asked whether TomC feels it appropriate to add Brent's name to the list...or not.

Four, somebody could have offered to maybe intervene, somebody who knows Brent a bit better than TomC does.

You know, just a bit of respect.

Or, the exact same thing that has happened when anyone else has raised a problem.

Hell, Cal in passing simply mentioned he might have a problem with a boarder and he had a gaggle of boarders falling on him, asking for more detail.

Well Probation doesn't have to be a permanant thing, the purpose was to bring it to everyone's attention when a transaction was not completed within a reasonable amount of time(30 days).

I also thought that one could be removed from Probation if the situation was resolved with the parties to the offendeds satisfaction, which is what happened with Cap FFreak, correct? Wouldn't it be more appropriate for pirate to start up his own "Welcher" thread instead of putting him back on the Probation list?

And what happened to the original Probation Thread Moderator(no offense to sheradon)?

(shrug)

I'm sorry Nick, I have to totally disagree with you.

NOTHING can be sub-greggy. (:

Whatever you want us to do my Leader.

All I'm saying is...we could have done better, OK? :makepoint:

here's one QUALITYCOMIX, bought some detective comics from him ,been over a month no books!!!!! he just keeps saying sorry for the delay..........

i guess since it was not a $1500 book ,he could give a rats azz

Not exactly true. The initial delay was because when you made payment via paypal, you didn't specify which books you had purchased in the paypal description like I had asked.

Anyways, I apologize for the additional delay. Your books are on their way as of yesterday and should be there tomorrow or Thursday.

Brent

Leader my azz. That's the problem with the probation thread, too many Indians and not enough Chiefs.

You'll can do what ever you want. It doesn't matter who is on the list and who isn't. People will still buy from and sell to whom ever they want. It's like Old Guy said, give 'em a link to the devil's sales thread and they will click on it in a heartbeat.

We don't have any authority over anyone to make them do anything. It might as well be renamed the rant and vent thread because that is all that ever gets accomplished. Well, maybe a side order of shame gets passed around once in a while.