• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I am all for support Nick, but Buffy Fan failed to name anyone.

Furthermore, do you really think that Brent aka QUALITYCOMIX isn't going to mail the books out to tomc? If so, then by all means let's string him up and put his name on the "list."

Just waiting for a little leadership mon capitaine.

Well Probation doesn't have to be a permanant thing, the purpose was to bring it to everyone's attention when a transaction was not completed within a reasonable amount of time(30 days).

I also thought that one could be removed from Probation if the situation was resolved with the parties to the offendeds satisfaction, which is what happened with Cap FFreak, correct? Wouldn't it be more appropriate for pirate to start up his own "Welcher" thread instead of putting him back on the Probation list?

And what happened to the original Probation Thread Moderator(no offense to sheradon)?

(shrug)

probation is probation, why start another thread?

Weren't you the first to reply to tomc after he posted his concerns with Brent?

I am not sure what you mean, but I don't think so. I think 'Trooper was first with some comment about a rats azz, but that all got mixed in with the Welch comments.

Then scheradon cleaned house and then Flaming_Telepath jumped on the band wagon. I believe that's when I referenced Brent and Tom.

I'm forced to assume that you've never publicly agreed with anyone here, nor posted your own additional, supportive comments? meh

Look, you can call me whatever you like, but it was disrespectful to the guy, contrary to the spirit of this thread and just plain wrong.

End of.

I am not sure what you mean, but I don't think so. I think 'Trooper was first with some comment about a rats azz, but that all got mixed in with the Welch comments.

Then scheradon cleaned house and then Flaming_Telepath jumped on the band wagon. I believe that's when I referenced Brent and Tom.

I'm forced to assume that you've never publicly agreed with anyone here, nor posted your own additional, supportive comments? meh

Look, you can call me whatever you like, but it was disrespectful to the guy, contrary to the spirit of this thread and just plain wrong.

End of.

Whatever, Nick. :whatev:

hi all again.

sorry for my rant and cursing. i am sorry for the way i got pissed at brent.

so to sort out any doubt out there ,here is the course of this deal. brent can correct me if i am wrong.

9/20 i will take take it posted.

9/22 get wrong invoice.

9/24 get books and amount right.

9/25 paypal payed

10/4 asked about if books had been shipped.

10/5 did not list books with payment, books will be shipped.

10/16 again have you sent my books.

10/18 sorry for the delay books go out tommorow

10/23 report to porbation thread. treated like a individual_without_enough_empathy.

then go on curse laden rant. now with all this in mind ,i live an hour north of brent.

as you can see this deal was screwed from the get go. i thought that the time started when you made the" i will take get" and get invoice.

i must have been mistaken. sorry to everyone involved.

End of.

Alright, then...I'll bite.

You clearly don't think it was wrong, so let's turn it on its head. I've made it perfectly clear why I thought it was inappropriate and wrong.

In similarly clear terms, you tell us why you think it was actually appropriate and correct to behave as you and others did? (shrug)

You are correct Sir. I apologise for the incorrect statement and will repent with sackcloth and ashes.

Better yet, lets reverse the situation and say it was Brent who posted his concern about TomC :popcorn:

Real curious what the responses would have been hm

i would have been curcified.................................... oh wait that is kind of what happened....

End of.

Looking back on the whole thread I have to agree with Nick. Not only was tomc for the most part ignored, many made light of his situation.

Just my take...what do I know lol

TomC came with a member who had not delivered the items that were paid for. The name was posted after he said he would give them a little more time (or that is what it appeared by his first post). Quality came back and has posted that the items have been shipped and should be there in a day or two.

Seems to me all of the bickering in between doesn't help the books get from point a to point b. It also appears that resolution is at hand.

The purpose of the Probation thread is not to eliminate people from buying, but for allowing people to see that if they choose not to ship items or pay for items within the 30 day time frame, they will see their name posted until it is resolved.

Does it make either party a bad person? no...

Does it make you think before purchasing or selling to this person? You would think so..., especially if they are new to buying/selling on the boards.

Often times throughout all 3 Probation threads you see that it isn't one person who has the problem with one buyer/seller, but several people who find out through this thread that they are not alone.

Mistakes happen, life happens. If everything gets resolved before the Probation Thread great, but occassionally it doesn't...and outing someone, after trying everything possible to either secure the items you paid for or that were to be purchased, has to happen.

I know I mentioned it before, but for simplicity sake and trying to keep everyone on the same page...

1 Thread for Probation handled by 1 member (Signature Room has it with Kevin Boyd, took some time, but now only people post questions and he makes the only replies)

1 Thread for Probation Discussion, where people can vent and rant and graemlin etc.

End of.

You clearly don't think it was wrong, so let's turn it on its head. I've made it perfectly clear why I thought it was inappropriate and wrong.

In similarly clear terms, you tell us why you think it was actually appropriate and correct to behave as you and others did? (shrug)

I never said it wasn't wrong. I said it was getting blown out of proportion. Yes, tomc's comment was glossed over in a heartbeat, mainly because it did concern Brent, not because of the fact that he is a relatively new poster.

Furthermore, if you will hearken back to an earlier post this is what I said:

Furthermore, do you really think that Brent aka QUALITYCOMIX isn't going to mail the books out to tomc? If so, then by all means let's string him up and put his name on the "list."

...and to answer nik's question as well: If the situation had been reversed, yes, I would have given the benefit of the doubt to Brent, as would most of the people here. I have done business with Brent long before posting on the boards and never had a problem.

End of.

I never said it wasn't wrong. I said it was getting blown out of proportion. Yes, tomc's comment was glossed over in a heartbeat, mainly because it did concern Brent, not because of the fact that he is a relatively new poster.

Furthermore, if you will hearken back to an earlier post this is what I said:

...and to answer nik's question as well: If the situation had been reversed, yes, I would have given the benefit of the doubt to Brent, as would most of the people here. I have done business with Brent long before posting on the boards and never had a problem.

OK. Your honesty is appreciated...seriously.

And you know what, I too would have given the benefit of the doubt to Brent, also. He's proved himself to be a top bloke time and time again in my book.

However, my problem was not with who was being called out, or who was doing the calling, but with the way we treated a genuine concern that had been raised in the right place, in the right way (initially). I don't think we exactly covered ourselves in glory, is all.

:foryou:

OK. Your honesty is appreciated...seriously.

And you know what, I too would have given the benefit of the doubt to Brent, also. He's proved himself to be a top bloke time and time again in my book.

However, my problem was not with who was being called out, or who was doing the calling, but with the way we treated a genuine concern that had been raised in the right place, in the right way (initially). I don't think we exactly covered ourselves in glory, is all.

:foryou:

That, I would agree with.

I had previously agreed with Jon's point... but the thread I started basically got side-swiped by an angry member on sabbatical.

Can we give this a try? I think this thread clearly highlights the problem with combining Probation Discussion with a Probation List- someone got lost in the crowd. :shrug:

Better yet, lets reverse the situation and say it was Brent who posted his concern about TomC :popcorn:

Real curious what the responses would have been hm

i would have been curcified.................................... oh wait that is kind of what happened....

lol

I only laugh because it's true.

You had a valid complaint and you posted it. I would have done the same thing regardless of who the seller was.

I think the sales forum in general needs a permanent discussion thread. As in a comic store or con, you have lots of people milling around chatting, refreshing, waiting to find a book to buy or just looking at covers. And inbetween all that there's nothing else to do so some poor unsuspecting thread becomes the loitering/chatting area.

If a permanent discussion thread existed people could chat there about what others are selling or what they see or about anything really and derail to their hearts content until they see a reason to comment in an active sales thread. I personally like seeing a sales thread of mine hijacked....I generally join in. But many do not.

Then hopefully this thread would be used for its true purpose...legitimate comments about potential deals gone wrong and the names of those involved.

However, I've noticed if you give a 6 year old a playroom they still manage to hang out in the family room in front of the tv. So maybe that wouldn't work. (shrug)

2c (or maybe 1 and a half).