• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I thought it was a good idea when it was first proposed and seeing the # of people jumping at the chance, I did it. Now take this to the discussion thread. :makepoint:

I am all for support Nick, but Buffy Fan failed to name anyone.

Furthermore, do you really think that Brent aka QUALITYCOMIX isn't going to mail the books out to tomc? If so, then by all means let's string him up and put his name on the "list."

Just waiting for a little leadership mon capitaine.

Well Probation doesn't have to be a permanant thing, the purpose was to bring it to everyone's attention when a transaction was not completed within a reasonable amount of time(30 days).

I also thought that one could be removed from Probation if the situation was resolved with the parties to the offendeds satisfaction, which is what happened with Cap FFreak, correct? Wouldn't it be more appropriate for pirate to start up his own "Welcher" thread instead of putting him back on the Probation list?

And what happened to the original Probation Thread Moderator(no offense to sheradon)?

(shrug)

probation is probation, why start another thread?

Because it was established early on that someone could be removed from Probation, for example, if the situation was resolved to everyone's involved satisfaction. You put him back on because you still consider him a welcher. That issue had been addressed and he had been removed.

10/23/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Herald2Galactus

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Joker-Fish

(added 8/9/07)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

newkingintown

(added 10/18/07)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

Weren't you the first to reply to tomc after he posted his concerns with Brent?

I am not sure what you mean, but I don't think so. I think 'Trooper was first with some comment about a rats azz, but that all got mixed in with the Welch comments.

Then scheradon cleaned house and then Flaming_Telepath jumped on the band wagon. I believe that's when I referenced Brent and Tom.

I'm forced to assume that you've never publicly agreed with anyone here, nor posted your own additional, supportive comments? meh

Look, you can call me whatever you like, but it was disrespectful to the guy, contrary to the spirit of this thread and just plain wrong.

End of.

Looking back on the whole thread I have to agree with Nick. Not only was tomc for the moist part ignored, many made light of his situation.

:sick:

Sorry to be "out of the loop", but what happened with Lighthouse this time around? I thought he got everything sorted and got his eBay back up and running?

What did I miss? Links?

Thanks for the info in advance...

John :popcorn:

Sorry to be "out of the loop", but what happened with Lighthouse this time around? I thought he got everything sorted and got his eBay back up and running?

What did I miss? Links?

Thanks for the info in advance...

John :popcorn:

You didn't miss anything. He fell off the wagon again and stiffed The Watcher. That's about it.

hi all again.

sorry for my rant and cursing. i am sorry for the way i got pissed at brent.

so to sort out any doubt out there ,here is the course of this deal. brent can correct me if i am wrong.

9/20 i will take take it posted.

9/22 get wrong invoice.

9/24 get books and amount right.

9/25 paypal payed

10/4 asked about if books had been shipped.

10/5 did not list books with payment, books will be shipped.

10/16 again have you sent my books.

10/18 sorry for the delay books go out tommorow

10/23 report to porbation thread. treated like a individual_without_enough_empathy.

then go on curse laden rant. now with all this in mind ,i live an hour north of brent.

as you can see this deal was screwed from the get go. i thought that the time started when you made the" i will take get" and get invoice.

i must have been mistaken. sorry to everyone involved.

You are correct Tom.

I was going to ship on 10/19 (Friday) as I said in my PM to you on 10/18, but family and I came down with a stomach bug that's going around and we were all sick thru the weekend. So we shipped on Monday 10/22 instead. I didn't raise this point, because I've already taken responsibility for the books being shipped late, and being sick that weekend is no excuse for the books not being shipped earlier.

I should've PMed you on Monday to let you know that the books were shipped a few days late due to my being ill. Apology accepted, we all have our moments. Please PM me when you get the books.

Brent

Better yet, lets reverse the situation and say it was Brent who posted his concern about TomC :popcorn:

Real curious what the responses would have been hm

i would have been curcified.................................... oh wait that is kind of what happened....

For my part, I just didn't like your approach. I've had high dollar transactions with well-known Board members that have not turned out well, and I don't out them for the sake of privacy. I do everything possible to resolve the issue privately before escalating it to a public forum. Its just good etiquette.

And even if I were to raise a stink, for the sake of my own credibility, I'd leave the venom and the language out of it. If the idea is to effect some "peer pressure" to hopefully get the situation or transaction remedied equitably, you'll find more support from other board members if you present it as neutrally as possible.

And yes, I freely admit I came to Brent's defense because he has a ton of "good faith equity" both with myself, and the Board in general. Stick around for a few years, and you may garner the same.

Better yet, lets reverse the situation and say it was Brent who posted his concern about TomC :popcorn:

i would have been curcified.................................... oh wait that is kind of what happened....

For my part, I just didn't like your approach. I've had high dollar transactions with well-known Board members that have not turned out well, and I don't out them for the sake of privacy. I do everything possible to resolve the issue privately before escalating it to a public forum. Its just good etiquette.

And even if I were to raise a stink, for the sake of my own credibility, I'd leave the venom and the language out of it. If the idea is to effect some "peer pressure" to hopefully get the situation or transaction remedied equitably, you'll find more support from other board members if you present it as neutrally as possible.

And yes, I freely admit I came to Brent's defense because he has a ton of "good faith equity" both with myself, and the Board in general. Stick around for a few years, and you may garner the same.

i understand were you are coming from. i am not that polite. if i have a problem with anyone i call them out on it. a friendly "your up" ,so to speak.

so when i made my first post on this matter i was pretty calm. then came the flying circus. then i was pissed.

but everything seems to be working out.

i understand were you are coming from. i am not that polite. if i have a problem with anyone i call them out on it. a friendly "your up" ,so to speak.

so when i made my first post on this matter i was pretty calm. then came the flying circus. then i was pissed.

but everything seems to be working out.

I'm glad to hear that you feel things are working out. (thumbs u