• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

And I'm left standing with an opp that doesn't meet the CGC SS requirements?

What does that mean?

I want to know as well. I know very little about the SS process but, if you have suffered in some way, Maybe a vote is in order.

That's what I meant to say.

Maybe I am mistaken, but didn't that seller post some Robojo33 books he purchased?

A little homework on who you are considering dealing with is always a good thing.

Thanks for the info :foryou:

Happen to have a link on that info to check out? (completely forgot or missed that one :doh: )

Maybe I am mistaken, but didn't that seller post some Robojo33 books he purchased?

A little homework on who you are considering dealing with is always a good thing.

I've known that boardie for a long time, Mike, and he's always been a straight shooter. I know he's not active on the boards and spends a lot of time in the OA area when he's here. So I don't know the story about what you mention.

Happen to have a link on that info to check out? (completely forgot or missed that one :doh: )

found it http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=4174249&Searchpage=4&Main=39428&Words=comicartfan&topic=0&Search=true#Post4174249

no bad on him, just shows a little homework can avoid problems.

found it http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=4174249&Searchpage=4&Main=39428&Words=comicartfan&topic=0&Search=true#Post4174249

no bad on him, just shows a little homework can avoid problems.

Yes, if you're aware of Robojo33, you'll stay away from him. But, he bought some CGC slabs off of Robo, and luckily got the books. Since he says that he wasn't aware of Robo's problems, I don't see this as a big deal at all.

In terms of full disclosure, I've sold books to comicartfan with no problems.

What does that mean?

I want to know as well. I know very little about the SS process but, if you have suffered in some way, Maybe a vote is in order.

I'm pretty sure CGC has a minimum requirement of books when doing these kinds of Sketch Opps. You have to work it out before hand with the CGC SS guys/gals and then you can advertise the Opp. The artist might also have an expectation on how much with they were going to do.

If it is becoming a time crunch I would say open up the spot and see if you can get it to the artist in time or a little late like a day or two. There are enough sketch folks out there I'm sure you could get someone in there.

What does that mean?

Okay, I was able to fill out the last spot from another buyer :cool:. Basically CGC gives you a set number requirement in order to host a Sketch Opp. This has to be pre approved by CGC before it can be offered. If the set number isn't met, then the Opp will not happen.

This b*****d Russell Altomare -- or whatever his name really is -- at Comic Supply charged $43.98 against my credit card and never sent the supplies I ordered. For six months I tried contacting him and neither he nor anyone else at this supposed "company" ever replied. As far as I can tell, Comic Supply is a completely fraudulent website.

This b*****d Russell Altomare -- or whatever his name really is -- at Comic Supply charged $43.98 against my credit card and never sent the supplies I ordered. For six months I tried contacting him and neither he nor anyone else at this supposed "company" ever replied. As far as I can tell, Comic Supply is a completely fraudulent website.

Russ has a long and troubled history here. Welcome to the boards, wish you

had read some of the threads devoted to him before you sent $$ to Russ.

Can the Better Business Bureau do anything about this?

Only if Russ is a lol member.... lol of the (wooo! hold on a sec)

lol-045.gif

BBB...

lol-045.giflol-045.giflol-045.gif

I've known that boardie for a long time, Mike, and he's always been a straight shooter. I know he's not active on the boards and spends a lot of time in the OA area when he's here. So I don't know the story about what you mention.

+1 he's a good guy from what dealings I've had with him.

lol-045.gif

BBB...

What? Don't all criminals register with the BBB when they start their business?

lol-045.gif

BBB...

What? Don't all criminals register with the BBB when they start their business?

It was my understanding that they reported non-accredited businesses as well. I'll leave the sugestions up to the "experts".