• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
20 20

36,203 posts in this topic

Sorry Sky but you clearly haven't read the threads. After he said he didn't want to pay shipping I OFFERED to pay the shipping as did others but he just ignored it. I was out about 100 bucks. If he wants to make good then a charitable donation around that amount would be fine by me, as long as it's through someone else as at this point i don't trust him. But he refuses to even READ the PM's so i don't see any of that happening.

That is the most sensible solution to a sad situation. At least nobody is being vindictive and stating he can never come off the list.

Sorry you didn't get the Christmas present in the first place.

:foryou:

My post from the other thread:

Ok i just wanted to draw a line under all this as it's gotten silly now and gone on long enough now. People arguing with each other, etc. I didn't want that to happen.

Thanks COI for your involvement and good intentions, i really appreciate it and told you so already. Thanks to everyone who offered up help, advice, sent me PM's, etc, i really appreciate that too. And thanks to the person who wants to give me a free book, can't say how kind that was.

It's great to be back amongst all you guys again and to know i still have friends here.

Please just let this thread die now. I'll post the same thing in probation.

Excellent. No question it was tasteless to refuse to send you the comic, but at this point it's hard to think of a reasonable remediation. It's also made me a little uncomfortable that this is all about one of the Secret Santa threads. They're supposed to be fun & friendly. Refusing to send you your stuff is not fun or friendly, but neither is trying to assess a financial punishment, y'know? :shrug:

For such a situation, the current resolution is as good as it will get: someone else has stepped up to at least partially right the wrong, and supapimp's been shown to be at least a little bit without class.

Something that has not been mentioned:

1) supapimp received a gift, but refused to send one.

2) Anfield sent a gift, did not receive one.

To just present the facts, This was not a Secret Santa. It was a raffle from which 25 names were drawn as winners. Supa's name was not drawn and he did not receive a gift.

To just present the facts, This was not a Secret Santa. It was a raffle from which 25 names were drawn as winners. Supa's name was not drawn and he did not receive a gift.

My mistake. :foryou:

Also, I think this is the first time Pov has recognized my presence!

My mistake. :foryou:

Also, I think this is the first time Pov has recognized my presence!

Should I? Should I??? lol

If he goes on the PL, what's the resolution that would get him off again? A big reason for the PL is to get a transaction completed.

My first post on the subject...

If he goes on the PL it would be the most liberal interpretation of an offense to date by far.

1) 4-5 years ago.

2) A gift not a purchase.

3) He no longer has the item in question to "make it right" and since it was so long ago how could one expect him to.

Just to address this, as it's come up in other odd or different transactions:

1) There's never been a time frame established, just rights and wrongs and when those wrongs are righted...if ever.

2)Whether it's a gift or purchase is irrelevant. It's board "transactions" not just purchases. It's for boardies who enter into an agreement on these boards and then renege upon the same. When you agree to be a part of a board function you agree to abide by all the terms and conditions of that function regardless of whether it's a traditional purchase and sale or something more along the lines of gift exchange, raffle, or otherwise.

If he entered it freely, then he's got to see it all the way through.

3) Whether he has the item now is also irrelevant. The person who won the item never gave up claim to it. Several people offered to pay the shipping on the item to get it to the person who won it and were ignored or rebuffed. The only place that book should have gone is to Anfield.

We can't allow someone to dispose of their responsibility along with the item in question. That's an easy out that will lead to " I sold it, sorry." or " I lost it, I am free and clear."

It's not that big a deal to require someone to be an adult and fulfill a duty for which they volunteered.

If he goes on the PL, what's the resolution that would get him off again? A big reason for the PL is to get a transaction completed.

If he goes on the PL it would be the most liberal interpretation of an offense to date by far.

1) 4-5 years ago.

3) He no longer has the item in question to "make it right" and since it was so long ago how could one expect him to.

1) There's never been a time frame established, just rights and wrongs and when those wrongs are righted...if ever.

2)Whether it's a gift or purchase is irrelevant. It's board "transactions" not just purchases. It's for boardies who enter into an agreement on these boards and then renege upon the same. When you agree to be a part of a board function you agree to abide by all the terms and conditions of that function regardless of whether it's a traditional purchase and sale or something more along the lines of gift exchange, raffle, or otherwise.

3) Whether he has the item now is also irrelevant. The person who won the item never gave up claim to it. Several people offered to pay the shipping on the item to get it to the person who won it and were ignored or rebuffed. The only place that book should have gone is to Anfield.

We can't allow someone to dispose of their responsibility along with the item in question. That's an easy out that will lead to " I sold it, sorry." or " I lost it, I am free and clear."

It's not that big a deal to require someone to be an adult and fulfill a duty for which they volunteered.

You didn't quote the part were I said I would vote for putting him on the PL. :makepoint:

I was just pointing out this was perhaps the least possible probation worthy offense though, offering a gift and then taking it back. And since it was so long ago, and he doesn't have the item anymore, fixing it wouldn't be as easy as making a quick trip to the post office.

1) 4-5 years ago.

You didn't quote the part were I said I would vote for putting him on the PL. :makepoint:

I was just pointing out this was perhaps the least possible probation worthy offense though, offering a gift and then taking it back. And since it was so long ago, and he doesn't have the item anymore, fixing it wouldn't be as easy as making a quick trip to the post office.

Oh my post wasn't a shot at you. It's those topics that have come up before regarding time and remedy, etc. I was speaking to the circumstance and not to you directly.

Sorry Sky but you clearly haven't read the threads. After he said he didn't want to pay shipping I OFFERED to pay the shipping as did others but he just ignored it. I was out about 100 bucks. If he wants to make good then a charitable donation around that amount would be fine by me, as long as it's through someone else as at this point i don't trust him. But he refuses to even READ the PM's so i don't see any of that happening.

That is the most sensible solution to a sad situation. At least nobody is being vindictive and stating he can never come off the list.

Sorry you didn't get the Christmas present in the first place.

:foryou:

The details get lost in the drama a lot of times around here, so I thought I would simply quote and repeat the pertinent information.

Anfield has nominated Supa for the PL and his stipulation for having Supa removed is for Supa to donate $100.00 to a charity. All with some form of verification.

Worth repeating.

[

The details get lost in the drama a lot of times around here, so I thought I would simply quote and repeat the pertinent information.

Anfield has nominated Supa for the PL and his stipulation for having Supa removed is for Supa to donate $100.00 to a charity. All with some form of verification.

Worth repeating.

The pertinent information is that Anfield has elected to let this go. His last post here on this is is below. It should be respected.

Ok i just wanted to draw a line under all this as it's gotten silly now and gone on long enough now. People arguing with each other, etc. I didn't want that to happen.

Thanks COI for your involvement and good intentions, i really appreciate it and told you so already. Thanks to everyone who offered up help, advice, sent me PM's, etc, i really appreciate that too. And thanks to the person who wants to give me a free book, can't say how kind that was.

It's great to be back amongst all you guys again and to know i still have friends here.

1) 4-5 years ago.

If we are going to do this (and I would support it) we need to give supa an equally liberal interpretation of how to get off the list.

Maybe if he Paypaled the person who's sending Anfield Fox the box the $15 shipping he was reluctant to pony up the first time around...?

If you are taking a "stand on principle" supa I would ask you are your principles worth more or less than that $15?

This.

I don't condone Supa's attitude towards a fellow boardie who was the benneficiary of one of the most wonderful things that this community does. I don't recall the rules for that particular event, but I have seen subsequent raffles, contests, give aways where people call out their shipping terms.

The timing is strange, though. In my view it should have been taken care of at the time when this happened or shortly thereafter. I believe it's too late to make a claim. The only thing I would do is prohibit Supa from participating in any of these special events. His selling and buying record is not at question here, which is why we have a probation list in the first place.

[

Worth repeating.

The pertinent information is that Anfield has elected to let this go. His last post here on this is is below. It should be respected.

POV,

With all due respect. I quoted his words exactly.

Your quote of his words said, he wanted the "thread to die."

Maybe I'm missing something.

Regardless, either you or I am missing something, so I guess it's up to Anfield or an informed third party to figure this out.

Just trying to be helpful, not add another layer of misinformation.

[

Worth repeating.

POV,

With all due respect. I quoted his words exactly.

Your quote of his words said, he wanted the "thread to die."

Maybe I'm missing something.

Regardless, either you or I am missing something, so I guess it's up to Anfield or an informed third party to figure this out.

Just trying to be helpful, not add another layer of misinformation.

Ogami my friend, when Anfield said for his final take on all of this "Please just let this thread die now. I'll post the same thing in probation." it seemed apparent he was asking us to drop it and that he was dropping it.

A few people have suggested Supapimp be added to the Hall of Shame. Having considered it i would like to formally submit him.

Here are the details

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5776619#Post5776619

Technically it wasn't a marketplace deal, more like a trade but i think it's eligible because:

1. I gave some stuff away and paid shipping to send it, he would have recieved something from someone else but he didn't give anything back despite promising to do so. That's receiving goods under false pretense, i.e; that's theft.

2. He used the excuse about not wanting to pay shipping despite my and others offering to pay it. He didn't even bother to read it.

3. He still refuses to make good on it and basically doesn't care. A few people in that thread said they won't deal with him anymore so might as well make it official.

Sounds good to me

For All of Shame? It was $15, right? 5 years ago? And he's had no problems with anyone since? I'd say maybe that was probation-worthy if it'd been brought up at the time, but HoS five years later? Sounds like some serious overkill to me.

I have to agree. Just let it go already.