• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So last night Weekend Comics has a WD 43 for sale and it is pictured. I post an I'll take it around 2am that I'll take it.

This morning he posts that it sold as a lot on eBay this morning. His picture of the book is gone.

I'm not pleased and would like advice. I've informed him of the rules and that this is not allowed.

What do I do next?

So last night Weekend Comics has a WD 43 for sale and it is pictured. I post an I'll take it around 2am that I'll take it.

This morning he posts that it sold as a lot on eBay this morning. His picture of the book is gone.

I'm not pleased and would like advice. I've informed him of the rules and that this is not allowed.

What do I do next?

Invite people to his thread, and we will have a party. :insane:

What do I do next?

Invite people to his thread, and we will have a party. :insane:

It's in the modern sale section. Bring the wine and cheese!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6416090#Post6416090

Edited by Mark 1

Good God, isn't one thread bashing me enough?

The minimum order was $20. Shipping cost is never part of an order. In fact, sometimes shipping costs are dependent on the size of your order (i.e., shipping is free with an order over $50).

I did make a mistake. It won't happen again.

I've tried to set it right financially.

Personally...and completely honestly...if this had happened to me over an $18 purchase I'd have informed the noob of their mistake and went on with my life.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, Donna.
:blush: I didn't know you cared.

Seriously, I wouldn't let this bother you. I'm pretty sure you are aware of the rules now, and it won't happen again. If it does, I will be back. :insane:

Seriously, I wouldn't let this bother you. I'm pretty sure you are aware of the rules now, and it won't happen again. If it does, I will be back. :insane:

He doesn't realize your name really isn't Donna :baiting:

He wanted to cuddle with you later. :cloud9:

:P

The minimum order was $20. Shipping cost is never part of an order. In fact, sometimes shipping costs are dependent on the size of your order (i.e., shipping is free with an order over $50).

Personally...and completely honestly...if this had happened to me over an $18 purchase I'd have informed the noob of their mistake and went on with my life.

The isssue is with shipping it is over $20. And, i'm not buying the book from ebay. If you want to sell me the other WD 43 you have for sale on ebay and sell it here...I will take it and let it go.

AND the price isn't the issue...it's the fact you aren't following the selling rules here.

If I have to come back, I can assure you, there will be no cuddling. :grin:

If I have to come back, I can assure you, there will be no cuddling. :grin:

prison cuddling :o

:eek:

Money isn't the issue. It's integrity and following the rules of engagement here. I take the rules seriously and follow them as do many others. I'm a trusted seller and buyer on this forum. It took me a while to obtain that trust with the forum members.

You are the first in my 2 years of being here that pulled this on a purchase I have made on the boards. Perhaps I've been lucky in who I choose to do business with. It's not the end of the world. Two options really exist. I buy the book from you and all is right. Or, I don't and I know what to expect in the future.

As I requested, sell me the book on the boards and not ebay and I will gladly buy it.

Edited by Mark 1

This was the response from Weekend Comics.

Now you're just being ridiculous. I'll paypal you $5 for your perceived grief if you send your paypal address. Don't attempt to buy anything from me again. This is fair warning that I won't accept future offers on my sales. Take this further with the moderators if you like. I'm done with you.

It's unfortunate over something that could be easily rectified, but I vote him for probation.

That's the beauty about these boards. It may seem nitpicky, but none of the shenangians that happen on Ebay, Craigslist or other places happen here (at least, very often) and it's because people are diligent and have standards they expect sellers to meet.

Yes, you're a new guy, but hopefully you can navigate through this and come through it, because on the flipside of nerd outrage, Boardies here appreciate when buyers/sellers make things right. This is a community, not just a place to sell books - everyone is entitled to make mistakes, but members here like to see them rectified.

This was the response from Weekend Comics.

Now you're just being ridiculous. I'll paypal you $5 for your perceived grief if you send your paypal address. Don't attempt to buy anything from me again. This is fair warning that I won't accept future offers on my sales. Take this further with the moderators if you like. I'm done with you.

It's unfortunate over something that could be easily rectified, but I vote him for probation.

I guess I wrote my response a few minutes too soon. :facepalm:

article-2209766-153EA6C0000005DC-675_964x639.jpg