• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

And if i'm being harsh...people will tell me so.

You're being harsh and it seems the probation lurkers have been bored out of their minds. This discussion is ridiculous.

He broke a selling rule and was informed of the rule as per moderators preferred method in the thread. Since that the seller has apologized and said they will correct their actions. What else do you want?

As for the sale, shipping is NEVER part of a minimum order.

If I were the seller I would also never be selling you anything in the future.

It’s convoluted because I’m being rational. Here are the facts:

I did double sell a book. I didn’t know it was against the rules. I was censured for it. I apologized.

Mark did try to buy the book. But he didn’t adhere to the criteria about a minimum order size. Folks, myself, and many others here, don’t want to be forced into selling $1 books. Our time is worth more.

You will note one request for a book for $10 on my thread. Contact that person. I didn’t sell him a book either.

I was contacted via email about buying one book and sold that person two.

I’ve been here for over a year and I’ve never been in trouble. Why? Because I’m a good netizen. I conduct my affairs honestly. I have had transactions that went less than perfectly and always fixed them through refunds or price reductions. I always take the high road.

Mark has shown he’s not interested in being made whole. He is using his popularity to push me around. That’s wrong. He threatened me by PM unless I did things his way, instead of the common sense approach of offering a refund of the difference. I do not want to send him a book now…I simply don’t trust what he may alledge.

Yes, you know Mark. Maybe he’s a great guy. We might have been friends if things were different. He’s got cool comics. I’ve got cool comics. But that shouldn’t influence your decision about the severity of what I did and how I tried to fix it. I think most anyone receiving similar treatment from Mark would have reacted the same way. I hope he takes the time to think on that instead of lashing out.

I’m a reasonable rational guy and I’ll send Mark the $$$ so that he can get his comic. That should be the end of this story.

WC

And judging from your Ebay sale it did sell about 16 minutes before Mark1 took it anyway. So you are being straight about that.

The error was selling here and there at the same time. All you can do now is own that, and try to be up on the selling guidelines for next time. You've been here over a year. You've had the time. Doing so give yours buyers and other boardies the sense you respect the place. That's a pretty big deal going forward.

I think both of you guys need to talk again calmly. I don't see anything sinister here, just a bad situation.

Mistake

Apology

A cute common sense wrap up.

What else do we need?

I did double sell a book. I didn’t know it was against the rules. I was censured for it. I apologized.

Mark did try to buy the book. But he didn’t adhere to the criteria about a minimum order size. Folks, myself, and many others here, don’t want to be forced into selling $1 books. Our time is worth more.

You will note one request for a book for $10 on my thread. Contact that person. I didn’t sell him a book either.

I’ve been here for over a year and I’ve never been in trouble. Why? Because I’m a good netizen. I conduct my affairs honestly. I have had transactions that went less than perfectly and always fixed them through refunds or price reductions. I always take the high road.

Mark has shown he’s not interested in being made whole. He is using his popularity to push me around. That’s wrong. He threatened me by PM unless I did things his way, instead of the common sense approach of offering a refund of the difference. I do not want to send him a book now…I simply don’t trust what he may alledge.

Yes, you know Mark. Maybe he’s a great guy. We might have been friends if things were different. He’s got cool comics. I’ve got cool comics. But that shouldn’t influence your decision about the severity of what I did and how I tried to fix it. I think most anyone receiving similar treatment from Mark would have reacted the same way. I hope he takes the time to think on that instead of lashing out.

I’m a reasonable rational guy and I’ll send Mark the $$$ so that he can get his comic. That should be the end of this story.

WC

And judging from your Ebay sale it did sell about 16 minutes before Mark1 took it anyway. So you are being straight about that.

The error was selling here and there at the same time. All you can do now is own that, and try to be up on the selling guidelines for next time. You've been here over a year. You've had the time. Doing so give yours buyers and other boardies the sense you respect the place. That's a pretty big deal going forward.

I think both of you guys need to talk again calmly. I don't see anything sinister here, just a bad situation.

Mistake

Apology

What else do we need?

BLOOD... :whistle:

He did have a very sour attitude towards the buyer and towards the rules in general. Seemed pretty cavalier reminding us of dwindling competition...meh

Kind of bored with this though

That's because you're not stirring the pot enough slacker... :baiting:

He did have a very sour attitude towards the buyer and towards the rules in general. Seemed pretty cavalier reminding us of dwindling competition...meh

Kind of bored with this though

That's because you're not stirring the pot enough slacker... :baiting:

Sorry. These long days of OT are just detracting from my stirring stick.

Next time though I'll try to be more on top of things!!!

WC

Mistake

Apology

What else do we need?

Blood, tears and more common sense (shrug)

Glad you enjoyed yourself, Donna.
:blush: I didn't know you cared.

Seriously, I wouldn't let this bother you. I'm pretty sure you are aware of the rules now, and it won't happen again. If it does, I will be back. :insane:

He doesn't realize your name really isn't Donna :baiting:

He wanted to cuddle with you later. :cloud9:

:P

If I have to come back, I can assure you, there will be no cuddling. :grin:

This is what my dog thinks of your cuddling....

How long do we currently have to wait for payment? Someone made an offer on two trades from my closed sales thread on 3/8. I countered, they accepted and requested my paypal address. I sent it within 30 minutes. No payment and the PM was unread, so I sent a follow up PM on 3/12.

So can I just send a separate PM requesting payment within 3 days or do I have to wait for the another 21 days before doing so. I just feel like 9 days is way too long to wait for payment when the person initiated the offer. Thanks

Better wait the 20 + days or face the wrath of Pov :devil:
lol +1

Although, I hope it gets resolved much sooner. :wishluck:

Thanks. For some reason I thought it was shorter. 30 days to complete a transaction would including shipping time, no? (shrug)

It's a member that isn't on here often. Just frustrating since he was the one that made the contact to purchase after the thread was closed. So we is well aware that payment is due. It is such a small amount too. I just want to have the ability to sell them on ebay sooner than later.

I'm starting to think there should be a 24 hour payment or communication rule. If someone buys something but can't pay that day then they should send a PM stating their intentions, asking for time, working out details, etc. If you have enough time to post an I'll Take It then you have enough time to send a PM. I don't have anyone in particular in mind while I type this but the overall communication around here the last few months has been severely lacking.

Better wait the 20 + days or face the wrath of Pov :devil:

This has been troubling me for while now.

The first rule of the PL/HOS is:

"a) If a transaction between board members is not completed within 30 days, the offended party may submit the offender's name for inclusion to the HOS/Probation List (hereafter called the PL)"

The operative word is "completed". How can a transaction be completed in 30 days if the buyer takes 30 days to send payment?

When I phrased that for the rules, I was envisioning 30 days from sending payment to receipt of item with a satisfactory outcome on both sides. To me THAT is a completed transaction.

Maybe it is time to fine tune the rules now that we have had some time to see them in action.