• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Oh look. Menace was added to the HOS list.

With one post, the entire list is a complete joke. Good job.

I blame the influx of 2013 noobs voting in a poll they didn't understand.

Good job, guys. The boards are a safer place now. :eyeroll:

I agree, it's ridiculous.

(But don't think I missed the other post :baiting: )

+1

I agree, it's rediculous.

(But don't think I missed the other post :baiting: )

It's the same post. The mods moved it here.

I...inadvertently posted it in the wrong thread. :devil:

While it always easy to blame noobs for everything wrong on this site and while many don't give the rest of us new members a good name, this vote which initially was started as a PL nomination was then escalated by non noobs into a HOS vote

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7223850&fpart=1986

Furthermore Jaybuck requested that before the HOS Poll was made, a write up to why he was being added be done, which it was not. Not sure if that's a technicality but certainly not the fairest vote when we compare the current voting taking place.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7233863#Post7233863

The poll was brought up instantly after 2-3 members decided to escalate it since PL did not seem serious enough.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7234257#Post7234257

How members including new ones decided to vote based on the lack of information was a mistake, but certainly they weren't the only ones who failed to do the correct thing.

Edited by jsilverjanet

TheMightyJohn was the one who voted for the poll, he also updated the HOS the minute he was able to.

No doubt he was directly affected, so not exactly an impartial party.

How long ago did the 30 day time period end? If it ended a day or two ago, I'd PM him now that you are going to nominate him to PL if you don't hear from him by January 2nd (that gives him 1 week to respond). If it has been a longer period, then just give him the normal 3 days. Just my 2c

Dice, while I understand that there is no official time period per the rules, we generally request a 2 week poll for inclusion so I would think at least a 1 week poll for removal would be ideal. (Ideally I would do two weeks on it especially since we are in the middle of a long holiday period, plus people are traveling and not checking the site) Just my 2c

Fair enough...

Given the info that has transpired, and the explanation of the Hall of Shame list that has been clarified, should Menace be removed from the Hall of Shame list?

A few days for these polls sounds fine to me.

I can't imagine many people voting past the first few days, but to keep it "fair" I'll give two weeks.

I don't know enough of the story to vote in this poll,but if Dice doesn't feel he belongs,I trust him on his views.

Does he need to be raked over the coals a little for his actions? Probably.

Is he a crook, con man, and the worst of the worst on these boards? Absolutely not.

I have no skin in the game and I'm not one of his buddies, but I hate seeing the guy lumped in with actual thieves. The guy isn't a thief.

If he is, nobody has stepped up to prove it yet.

The Hall of Shame is a serious charge and shouldn't be handled so flippantly.

I don't know enough of the story to vote in this poll,but if Dice doesn't feel he belongs,I trust him on his views.

Is he a crook, con man, and the worst of the worst on these boards? Absolutely not.

I have no skin in the game and I'm not one of his buddies, but I hate seeing the guy lumped in with actual thieves. The guy isn't a thief.

You started the poll already. And with the details that have come up over the past week, it is predictable what will come of it.

But this all started because Menace did not follow through on a service he was expected to deliver. It should have been PL-worthy only, and he be allowed the time to resolve it. He earned that much from what I was able to finally read through the noise. So mocking folks over their frustration with a service they did not receive only distracts from what needs to happen here.

But I do understand why you are a little annoyed.

:foryou:

You started the poll already. And with the details that have come up over the past week, it is predictable what will come of it.

But this all started because Menace did not follow through on a service he was expected to deliver. It should have been PL-worthy only, and he be allowed the time to resolve it. He earned that much from what I was able to finally read through the noise. So mocking folks over their frustration with a service they did not receive only distracts from what needs to happen here.

But I do understand why you are a little annoyed.

:foryou:

I'm not mocking anyone. By all means give him hell over it.

But the guy isn't a Hall of Shamer. He should not be on that list.

Although I'm a 2013 noob myself, I'm afraid there's probably some truth to this statement...I was thinking about this when reading the thread the other day. There are posts in this discussion from at least one noob essentially admitting that they voted in an uninformed fashion (i.e., didn't realize the meaning of the HOS). It's similar to the dangers of uninformed voters out there in real society. Makes me think we should discuss some sort of membership duration requirement for voting in HOS polls (similar to the discussion about new members starting sales threads)...although I suspect the technological demands to enforce would be a difficult hurdle. At minimum, maybe this should alert you veterans to how important it is for you to turnout in these polls to overcome the very real "uninformed voter" problem.