• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It's the ones who are posting primarily in the Marketplace threads at the exclusion of the rest of the Forum that I see as a problem.

I absolutely agree, and I'm sorry, I thought that was one of the things I said:) If I wasn't clear, I want to be clear now...Yes...

In addition, a friend keeps pointing out to me, that people who are popping on are selling PGX books, too..which I think is kind of disrespectful.

How come people always pay me? Even the 3 buyers with a combined 4 posts have paid me for some VCC purchases? (shrug)

They know what you'll do to them if they don't pay.

:eek:

Send them 666 PMs til they lose the will to live?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I sort of miss those encounters

with the devil through PMs. :sumo::hi:

Pizz off :applause:

It's the ones who are posting primarily in the Marketplace threads at the exclusion of the rest of the Forum that I see as a problem.

I absolutely agree, and I'm sorry, I thought that was one of the things I said:) If I wasn't clear, I want to be clear now...Yes...

In addition, a friend keeps pointing out to me, that people who are popping on are selling PGX books, too..which I think is kind of disrespectful.

I don't trust most of the dorky dealers. (shrug)

You did Sharon...my apologies as I was primarily replying to Annillius' post...

Jim

I'm not saying a seller shoulkd be judged solely on post count. It's the ones who are posting primarily in the Marketplace threads at the exclusion of the rest of the Forum that I see as a problem.

I guess it all comes down to intentions...and if all you're here for is to buy/sell then maybe this isn't the place for you. Hard thing to gauge really as it seems the problem children aren't in that group but it should start somewhere...

Jim

I have to disagree.

Just because you don't post in 'Comics General' or one of the other forums all the time, maybe this isn't the place for you? That seems pretty exclusionary to me. I love reading the main forum, I just don't post there a lot. To be honest, I don't have a whole lot of time to spend posting on the board, but I read whenever I can. I've made several transactions on the Marketplace threads, so I basically fall square in the sites of people that perhaps don't belong here (according to your comments).

Every person that posts here is different and it's nearly impossible to pigeon hole a whole group of folks by their posting proclivities.

This is not a knock on you or your comments Jim, but more of a defense of my position and other folks in my position as a (newer) board member.

Just because you don't post in 'Comics General' or one of the other forums all the time, maybe this isn't the place for you? That seems pretty exclusionary to me.

Nothing exclusionary about it. This isn't eBay. Unless something has changed this Forum is about collecting comics first with buying and selling a secondary by-product.

Every person that posts here is different and it's nearly impossible to pigeon hole a whole group of folks by their posting proclivities.

This is not a knock on you or your comments Jim, but more of a defense of my position and other folks in my position as a board member.

I hear ya...it just takes a few bad eggs to taint the rest. There no ideal way to combat this unfortunately...

Jim

Edited by awe4one

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I sort of miss those encounters

with the devil through PMs. :sumo::hi:

:sorry: Divad, we do have a discussion thread for this type of post. :shy:

I'm not as intimidating as the ol' man of the Probation Thread (Divad), but THIS THREAD might be what you're looking for Fay.

And Sha- by partially sane newbs, I'm assuming you mean me! :hi:

Instead of shouting and acting the fool when I joined here, I read (and continue to read) threads every day and comment now and again, but still have a ton to learn about the place and all of the members here. It really is a great place, but, like any forum, you've got to earn your way in to the circle of trust....and that mostly just takes time. At least for a person like me. I always felt like slow and steady wins the race when it comes to ingratiating myself into a new community.

Post of the day! I wish every :censored: newbie with itchy typing fingers would read and follow your words. (thumbs u

Instead of shouting and acting the fool when I joined here, I read (and continue to read) threads every day and comment now and again, but still have a ton to learn about the place and all of the members here. It really is a great place, but, like any forum, you've got to earn your way in to the circle of trust....and that mostly just takes time. At least for a person like me. I always felt like slow and steady wins the race when it comes to ingratiating myself into a new community.

Post of the day! I wish every :censored: newbie with itchy typing fingers would read and follow your words. (thumbs u

:wishluck:

Nothing exclusionary about it. This isn't eBay. Unless something has changed this Forum is about collecting comics first with buying and selling a secondary by-product.

Jim

That's true...and a good point....I don't think I've done a great job at getting my opinion across (probably why I usually keep my mouth shut ;) ). I think the disconnect may be that you are talking about folks that JUST buy and sell and I am thinking more about folks that hang out in the Marketplace forums.

I have posted throughout the board, some in Comics General, some in the GA forums when another member turned me on to L.B. Cole covers, etc.. There is a definate group dynamic in a lot of the forums and many members spend a lot of time in one particular area of the board, only straying over the borders from time to time....the Marketplace forum is no exception. The board that I moderate is much the same way. We have members that post in our Politics forum that we never see on the main board.

I do think that the Marketplace isn't entirely about the transaction...there have been some fun discussions in this forum. A lot of buying and selling, to be sure....but I've gotten to know a lot of members by their posts here in these threads: what people collect, when their collecting focus changes, hearing the stories of where they bought a particular book they are selling or who they bought it from, etc. by hanging out in the Marketplace forums.

Regardless, I'm all about improving the quality of product in the Marketplace, and discussing it will do nothing but help.

Well...it can't hurt, anyway!

And every oldbie with more than 40,000 posts. :baiting:

I don't post much anymore hm

I don't post much anymore hm

:cloud9:

I'm out $240 to Matmarvels, for six X-23 comics, which He says shipped 11/22/07. I understand I should'nt have waited so long to post this... at least now I can say I gave Him more than the benifit of a doubt to resolve this problem... at the moment He hasn't replied to My PM's. this was My 1st buy thru these forums. now it will probably be My last.

UPDATE: Well, well... what do Ya know... I got home a few mins ago from work, and in My mail box is a missed mail notice in there, on the notice is the same tracking # He gave Me after shipping the comics. Looks like My fears, and complaints were false & premature. Tomorrow I will head over to the post office, and pic up My much anticipated package, YEEAAHH BAABYY! :applause:

BTW" Took long enough though...

I'm out $240 to Matmarvels, for six X-23 comics, which He says shipped 11/22/07. I understand I should'nt have waited so long to post this... at least now I can say I gave Him more than the benifit of a doubt to resolve this problem... at the moment He hasn't replied to My PM's. this was My 1st buy thru these forums. now it will probably be My last.

UPDATE: Well, well... what do Ya know... I got home a few mins ago from work, and in My mail box is a missed mail notice in there, on the notice is the same tracking # He gave Me after shipping the comics. Looks like My fears, and complaints were false & premature. Tomorrow I will head over to the post office, and pic up My much anticipated package, YEEAAHH BAABYY! :applause:

He was my Secret Santa! Somehow, I thought your package would arrive but, didn't want to jinx it by saying so.

I'm glad that everything worked out! (thumbs u

sadly this is always a potential problem with any international shipment in November or December due to Christmas really impacting on the mail.

very glad to hear it all worked out in the end for you

Edited by evilsly

It's good to hear. Hopefully they're in good shape. :wishluck: