• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Ok. So, I'm going back through the probation discussions and adding links to the list. I think it's such a great idea and needed to be done! But I need help because, well, this sucks. :P:tonofbricks:

Does anyone want to volunteer? I mean, even if a few people took 5 - 10 names on the PL = (worship)

I'm working on the HOS list. Any takers for the PL section? :foryou:

What is the PL for? Is it for transactions that haven't been made whole after 1 months time only? What about transactions that didn't go smooth? Is there a place for bad feedback or to let other buyers/sellers beware of crappy transactions? The kudos forums is for positive feedback only.

It's for transactions that haven't gone smoothly. Hopefully, it'll help them get worked out. It's not a permanent list of bad transactions, and it's not where people complain about each other. That's what CG is for.

Go start another thread in CG. I need the points.

I do like the negative points. They feel more valuable. What shall I post about?

You have the golden touch. Do what feels right.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7401592#Post7401592

And the golden touch has moved on...

Ok. So, I'm going back through the probation discussions and adding links to the list. I think it's such a great idea and needed to be done! But I need help because, well, this sucks. :P:tonofbricks:

Does anyone want to volunteer? I mean, even if a few people took 5 - 10 names on the PL = (worship)

:sorry:

Are you linking to nominator's post?

I did some links to profiles for the PL'ers a while ago - it may help you locate some last posts if they came here to argue - if you're wading through the PL it's probably easiest to divide them up by date. If anyone volunteers to help. :fear:

2c

Also if you're planning to link to when Divad was running this show he was judge, jury & executioner on more than a few...not much debate. lol

What is the PL for? Is it for transactions that haven't been made whole after 1 months time only? What about transactions that didn't go smooth? Is there a place for bad feedback or to let other buyers/sellers beware of crappy transactions? The kudos forums is for positive feedback only.

It's for transactions that haven't gone smoothly. Hopefully, it'll help them get worked out. It's not a permanent list of bad transactions, and it's not where people complain about each other. That's what CG is for.

I do like the negative points. They feel more valuable. What shall I post about?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7401592#Post7401592

Cat meme-a-mania lol

Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

Not sure if this is the same Ron Murray who is a very well known collector and part time dealer -- I certainly hope it isn't.

This isn't Ron Murray the comic dealer is it?

No, that is why I listed Vegas after his name.

California Ron is a great guy in my book.

I did some links to profiles for the PL'ers a while ago - it may help you locate some last posts if they came here to argue - if you're wading through the PL it's probably easiest to divide them up by date. If anyone volunteers to help. :fear:

2c

Also if you're planning to link to when Divad was running this show he was judge, jury & executioner on more than a few...not much debate. lol

I am. :P I'm doing the HOS right now. I'm stuck on • comicseekers AKA primeinvestibles AKA megacon (added 11/18/12 - 12th "Hall of Shame" Member)

I have the link to the poll --> HERE - but I can't find the discussion. I'm all the way back in 09/13/10. :tonofbricks: - by the way, you had a few in another list I saw that was helpful so (thumbs u

Some of the HOS issues aren't in these threads, the poll might be all you find here. I think most of the muscleshark/frankenstein stuff was in general. Also the "no post" probation updates only thread has a lot of discussion in it. :eek:

That's why some of the profile/post links (where you can scroll through their last posts when they're circling the drain) may help.

2c

If it quacks like a duck, chances are it's a duck . . . :grin:

I think he is laying low since his shilling was discovered and he took a (deserved) beating. Hasn't posted since 1/23/2014. Which is a VERY long time for him. I hope you are made whole Dale.

I think I suggested doing this a while back so I'm happy to help you.

I think he is laying low since his shilling was discovered and he took a (deserved) beating. Hasn't posted since 1/23/2014. Which is a VERY long time for him. I hope you are made whole Dale.

Doesn't look good.

Dale, If you don't mind me asking, how long ago was the transaction? He got caught shilling (great job Joe) and then reset his bids and someone won a cgc'd book for .99+shipping and he refused to send so he got negged. Got raked over in General for it and has been gone ever since. I REALLY don't want to see you get burned, you're always so nice to me at NYCC :(