• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So whats the story on Hustruck? I am still waiting on payment from him. He had been communicating, but have not heard from him for a while.

One thing is that he certainly can't hide from you. He has posted a link to every social media and seller site he has. If he is ignoring you here, you could try to message him on ebay as well.

http://hustruck.com/

Ok. So, I'm going back through the probation discussions and adding links to the list. I think it's such a great idea and needed to be done! But I need help because, well, this sucks. :P:tonofbricks:

Does anyone want to volunteer? I mean, even if a few people took 5 - 10 names on the PL = (worship)

I'm working on the HOS list. Any takers for the PL section? :foryou:

I think I suggested doing this a while back so I'm happy to help you.

Jaybuck and I finished most of it and I updated the list. Only need 2012 if you want to work on that! Just PM me your additions and I'll include them and edit the list. Thanks! :foryou:

So whats the story on Hustruck? I am still waiting on payment from him. He had been communicating, but have not heard from him for a while.

Sorry to hear about the "flakiest of the flakes" flaking out on you. He might still be a little sore from the "pounding" he took when I busted him for shilling his own auctions. :facepalm:

After all his big talk when he first showed up on the boards, let's see if he can finally put his "big boy pants" back on, and honor his commitment to you.

If not, then he's just proven what I said about him all along. That he was a lying (proven), cheating (also proven), criminal type (shilling one's own auctions is illegal after all).

Oh wait, he claimed that "two guys" were out to get him, and that they were the one's "messing" (shilling) his auctions. :screwy:

I don't know which is worse, that lame excuse for shilling, or Symbiotic at first not knowing what shilling was, then saying that he didn't think that shilling was wrong, then claiming that he knew that shilling was wrong, then finally apologizing.

And I hope everyone sees what is going on in the modern sales forum. Symbiotic gets run out of town on a rail, yet when he puts "great" books up at "cheap" prices, there goes any trace of ill-will towards dealing with him. I'm convinced people really would sell their mother and/or children's souls, to get the books they want at a cheap price. meh

We should start a poll for the "over/under" for the amount of time before he gets busted for doing something shady once again. :eyeroll:

Sorry to hear about the "flakiest of the flakes" flaking out on you. He might still be a little sore from the "pounding" he took when I busted him for shilling his own auctions. :facepalm:

After all his big talk when he first showed up on the boards, let's see if he can finally put his "big boy pants" back on, and honor his commitment to you.

If not, then he's just proven what I said about him all along. That he was a lying (proven), cheating (also proven), criminal type (shilling one's own auctions is illegal after all).

Oh wait, he claimed that "two guys" were out to get him, and that they were the one's "messing" (shilling) his auctions. :screwy:

I don't know which is worse, that lame excuse for shilling, or Symbiotic at first not knowing what shilling was, then saying that he didn't think that shilling was wrong, then claiming that he knew that shilling was wrong, then finally apologizing.

And I hope everyone sees what is going on in the modern sales forum. Symbiotic gets run out of town on a rail, yet when he puts "great" books up at "cheap" prices, there goes any trace of ill-will towards dealing with him. I'm convinced people really would sell their mother and/or children's souls, to get the books they want at a cheap price. meh

We should start a poll for the "over/under" for the amount of time before he gets busted for doing something shady once again. :eyeroll:

Good post. Society is taking a wrong path down a road paved with broken glass. Where's the morality? I mean, Where's Miley Cyrus?

Good post. Society is taking a wrong path down a road paved with broken glass. Where's the morality? I mean, Where's Miley Cyrus?

Three or four years ago, a good portion of this community wouldn't have bought anything from Symbiotic from these sales forums after what he did.

Seven or eight years ago, he would have been run out of town, with any attempt to run a sales thread here an example of futility.

But as we've seen, he's got "flashy, pretty, high grade books", at "great, great, low prices", so he can't be "all that bad."

Hey, but we're all adults here. I'll just be sitting back, eating some :popcorn: and waiting for the inevitable "crash and burn".

His example reminds me of a former seller here, daken2626, who was (added 10/14/11) to the probation list. He'd list high grade slabs for prices almost too low to believe, including some Wolverine 9.8's at $15 shipped. Of course, everybody would fall all over themselves to buy the books. Problem was, he wouldn't always ship the books, he'd disappear for a while, get put on the probation list, come back, "make it right", sell some more books, not ship all of them, lather, rinse, and repeat. Eventually, he was once again put on the list, but hasn't come back yet to try to "beg his way off the list". I have no doubt he will probably be back.

Just remember when buying "cheap new books" from somebody like this current seller. Sometimes, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. And you can't say you weren't warned. :D

Exactly. I really try to pay attention to my interests and be fair in my dealings. I've seen many books I thought were fantastic deals turn into complete shills...

Case in point, saw a Sandman #1 with apparent Gaiman sig and sketch(He highlighted the eyes in pen) and the phrase "Sweet dreams" on the cover.

Pretty damn cool....but the bonus was the Kieth signature on the SECOND page, IDENTICAL to his sig on the covers of The Maxx series. Anyone who collects Keith knows he does not sign his books that way. Went into discussion with the seller about where they obtained the books. Reply was, " Some yard sale a week ago"

Yeah, red flags....they pop up...

Aren't most of his buyers new to the boards?

1 or 2 new buyers (less than 2 months), the rest have been here long enough to know what's going on. If they can't see the scams, or pay attention to the notices when posted, then that's on them.

Especially since the mods no longer allow "thread-krapping" to point out the "problem" sellers.

I saw that and just cringed. Nothing we can do, though...

:|

I do eagerly await SC1's next sales thread...

:D

-slym

Glad you brought this up CGC. I have been watching that thread for a couple of days and people are falling over themselves to buy his books. I was surprised by a couple of the buyers that I thought would know better. There was one item I would have liked to buy but refused solely on principle. Some things are more important than a "good deal."

Glad you brought this up CGC. I have been watching that thread for a couple of days and people are falling over themselves to buy his books. I was surprised by a couple of the buyers that I thought would know better. There was one item I would have like to buy but refused solely on principle. Some things are more important than a "good deal."

Can't wait for the complaint and whining threads. :popcorn:

Glad you brought this up CGC. I have been watching that thread for a couple of days and people are falling over themselves to buy his books. I was surprised by a couple of the buyers that I thought would know better. There was one item I would have like to buy but refused solely on principle. Some things are more important than a "good deal."

How is it that this guy can continue to sell here? Is there no honor around here anymore.He is just spitting in our faces. meh

If they show up complaining, I will not feel sorry for them. Pasta Boy should know better since he already had one or two incidents this past week with other sellers.

How is it that this guy can continue to sell here? Is there no honor around here anymore.He is just spitting in our faces. meh

A lot of the honor left these boards when the last few batches of gypsies, tramps, and thieves abandoned e-bay for our "backyard". (thumbs u

It's a direct correlation between the "old guard" stepping away from selling here, to these new "fly by night, what the heck do you mean by honor, ethics, and morality" sellers that have been arriving these last few years.

Over the last few years here, we've lost or seen reduced output from boardies like BronzeBruce, Flaming_Telepath, OldGuy, and even greggy.

And in the immortal words of our rarely seen OldGuy, to these new shysters setting up around here, they can all go and "fist themselves". :cloud9:

His example reminds me of a former seller here, daken2626, who was (added 10/14/11) to the probation list. He'd list high grade slabs for prices almost too low to believe, including some Wolverine 9.8's at $15 shipped. Of course, everybody would fall all over themselves to buy the books. Problem was, he wouldn't always ship the books, he'd disappear for a while, get put on the probation list, come back, "make it right", sell some more books, not ship all of them, lather, rinse, and repeat. Eventually, he was once again put on the list, but hasn't come back yet to try to "beg his way off the list". I have no doubt he will probably be back.

Just remember when buying "cheap new books" from somebody like this current seller. Sometimes, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. And you can't say you weren't warned. :D

I remember Daken... lollers

demotivational-posters-release-the-kraken.gif

He's on no list, and even if he was, he could still sell here.

:/

Some folks have honour & morals, but others do not.

-slym

Edited by slym2none

A lot of the honor left these boards when the last few batches of gypsies, tramps, and thieves abandoned e-bay for our "backyard". (thumbs u

It's a direct correlation between the "old guard" stepping away from selling here, to these new "fly by night, what the heck do you mean by honor, ethics, and morality" sellers that have been arriving these last few years.

Over the last few years here, we've lost or seen reduced output from boardies like BronzeBruce, Flaming_Telepath, OldGuy, and even greggy.

And in the immortal words of our rarely seen OldGuy, to these new shysters setting up around here, they can all go and "fist themselves". :cloud9:

I'm hanging in there..... :eek:

I'm hanging in there..... :eek:

You know what would be epic? If the mods would let OldGuy, greggy, CAL, and joe_collector have a "free week" to just decimate the "trash and litter seller types" that have begun cluttering the sales area lately.

Admit it, that epic train wreck would make it worthwhile to "stick around". lol