• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

1. Post a lengthy write-up on the CGC message boards stating the background of our dealings and firmly stating that you have stolen $1,500 from me.

yikg6eBiE.jpeg

Had to spoiler tag that... :insane:

Edited by bababooey

Just to clarify, It's Dr. Margulies not Mr. Margulies. I have no interest in contesting this as it would force me to reveal extremely personal and disturbing information about my recent personal life. What was stated is all true, although incomplete. I will not attempt to make any sales (purchases I wouldn't be able to do even if I wanted) on these boards unless the other party at some point in the future withdraws his request.

Is there a Cliff Notes version available? :P

Guy buys book, seller claims isn't restored.

Submits to cgc, comes back restored. Seller offers refund in time payments. (Like the book was paid for). Payments from seller stopped.

Nope. Just the full read. Guidelines asked for details.

I think you meant to give the date of the initial purchase as 2012, rather than 2013. You may want to correct that.

Submits to cgc, comes back restored. Seller offers refund in time payments. (Like the book was paid for). Payments from seller stopped.

If I understand the narrative correctly, the seller made no payments other than an m.o. with the wrong name, which had to be returned.

:foryou:

And it's great to see you changed your name back! :headbang:

If I understand the narrative correctly, the seller made no payments other than an m.o. with the wrong name, which had to be returned.

Exactly right. No successful payments.

This is true but I think a point that should not be over looked that the plan was that the original seller was making time payments for the refund, which means he acknowledged fault. So him not giving a full refund and now saying "oh well what about my personal issues" is total cry baby stuff.

We get it, your wife cheated on you and there was a messy divorce lost half your assets, whatever - the mayor of my city smokes crack - none of these things matter. The seller agreed to a refund and didn't go through with it.

The seller is so wrong its not funny.

Just to clarify, It's Dr. Margulies not Mr. Margulies. I have no interest in contesting this as it would force me to reveal extremely personal and disturbing information about my recent personal life. What was stated is all true, although incomplete. I will not attempt to make any sales (purchases I wouldn't be able to do even if I wanted) on these boards unless the other party at some point in the future withdraws his request.

Couple things. 1) its kind of a *spoon* move to post that the only correction to the post is to point out that you have a doctorate of some kind and that you'd prefer to be addressed as Dr rather than as Mr. I mean your accused of converting 1500 and rather then a) work to clear your debt and your name or b) state that there are innacuracies or the acqusation is fales all you do is point out your doctorate. 2)I'm sorry things are going poorly for you but none of the accusations leveled against you require you to revel any personal information. They just require a yes or no. If you want to make excuses then you have to revel personal I formation. Either he paid you 1500 or he didn't. Either you said it was not restored or you didn't. Either you offered a refund or you didn't. Either you took the book back or you didn't. Either you paid him back or you didn't. 3) I hope you take steps to make things better with the op rather then just hope your issues go away.

This is true but I think a point that should not be over looked that the plan was that the original seller was making time payments for the refund, which means he acknowledged fault. So him not giving a full refund and now saying "oh well what about my personal issues" is total cry baby stuff.

We get it, your wife cheated on you and there was a messy divorce lost half your assets, whatever - the mayor of my city smokes crack - none of these things matter. The seller agreed to a refund and didn't go through with it.

And on top of that, still has the book as well as the $1500.

Well.. we know he HAD the book. No idea if he still has it. Could have resold it or cracked and resold it.

Well.. we know he HAD the book. No idea if he still has it. Could have resold it or cracked and resold it.

Yeah, I meant more along the lines of the seller not refunding the money and still getting the book.

Oh

Yeah, I meant more along the lines of the seller not refunding the money and still getting the book.

Oh I didn't see the seller was sent the book back. I assumed he'd get it back when all money was returned. Guess the buyer is too good of a guy for his own good.

Makes sense why the seller would abruptly claim to not give his side of the story and decide not to participate in sales on this site.

Oh

Oh I didn't see the seller was sent the book back. I assumed he'd get it back when all money was returned. Guess the buyer is too good of a guy for his own good.

Makes sense why the seller would abruptly claim to not give his side of the story and decide not to participate in sales on this site.

Yep, he has (or had) the book and the money. I've done a lot of deals. I've been let down before -- but never like this.

Yes I still have the book. When I found out about the resto I told the buyer he could keep the book and I would still refund it. He sent it back. I did not ask for it back.

Yes I am guilty of everything that has been claimed here. I told the buyer I would refund his money and to this date I have not. I take full responsibility for that. My personal life situation is not the buyer's fault. I ask, though, that others not speculate on my character or the details of the situation which has led to my inability to honor my refund policy for so long. There is a reason. You may call it an excuse, if an excuse is something that has occurred which you have no control over and which has prevented you from honoring your promise in a reasonable amount of time. It could be worse. At least I am still alive and for that reason will ultimately make things right. In the meantime I am on the probation list, so I don't see any utility which comes from people who do not know me speculating about my deviousness and dishonesty. The Dr. thing was a failed attempt at levity in the face of a bad situation, a coping mechanism which I use to survive these days. There is nothing I can say which takes away the fact that I owe the buyer $1500, which is why I felt no need to elaborate on what has occurred in my life to put me in this situation, since it does not take away the fact that I owe $1500 to this individual. Do not make judgements about my character or motivations based on this fact. Nothing positive can come from that, and I hope no one here has to be put in such a situation. If you could spend a moment in my shoes you would be amazed that I actually still am determined to make it right. Adversity either destroys you or makes you a better person. As a good friend recently told me: If you are going through hell, just keep on going.

hm well I'm sorry to hear that things got ugly for you...and trust me I know ugly.

But I would recommend at least sending the buyer $25 here or $50 there instead of trying to pay it all at once if you're really in a bind. You can probably knock that amount out selling plasma (I mean if you're really really bad off, but you're still online so it can't be homeless bad right?) That way at least he's getting something back from you instead of just waiting.

Yes I still have the book. When I found out about the resto I told the buyer he could keep the book and I would still refund it. He sent it back. I did not ask for it back.

Yes I am guilty of everything that has been claimed here. I told the buyer I would refund his money and to this date I have not. I take full responsibility for that. My personal life situation is not the buyer's fault. I ask, though, that others not speculate on my character or the details of the situation which has led to my inability to honor my refund policy for so long. There is a reason. You may call it an excuse, if an excuse is something that has occurred which you have no control over and which has prevented you from honoring your promise in a reasonable amount of time. It could be worse. At least I am still alive and for that reason will ultimately make things right. In the meantime I am on the probation list, so I don't see any utility which comes from people who do not know me speculating about my deviousness and dishonesty. The Dr. thing was a failed attempt at levity in the face of a bad situation, a coping mechanism which I use to survive these days. There is nothing I can say which takes away the fact that I owe the buyer $1500, which is why I felt no need to elaborate on what has occurred in my life to put me in this situation, since it does not take away the fact that I owe $1500 to this individual. Do not make judgement about my character or motivations based on this fact. Nothing positive can come from that, and I hope no one here has to be put in such a situation. If you could spend a moment in my shoes you would be amazed that I actually still am determined to make it right. Adversity either destroys you or makes you a better person. As a good friend recently told me: If you are going through hell, just keep on going.

Life can certainly complicate something as simple as a transaction. People assume the worst when money is owed and not repaid because the worst has occurred in the past. The best way to remain on the "up and up" is to:

a) keep in communication with the buyer who is owed the refund.

b) keep in mind that people can not read your mind or your intentions, what they can see is your actions. Your intent to pay does not go as far as the act of (even partial) payment.

c) remember that repayment is a predecessor to any other transactions. No matter if you see a good deal, pass on it. If you have the funds to make a purchase, you have funds to work on repayment.

Have any other books you could sell to begin making repayments to the buyer who is (rightfully) owed the refund?

I'm assuming you're a stand up guy and you are already doing or planning on doing these things.