• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So I got home last night and my books were at my door waiting for me =) I also just received an email from Chris saying he was trying to get everyones books out. He also said he had very limited internet access so that why he hasn't responded to this forum.

I canceled my Paypal dispute and hope you guys get your books.

i'm not looking to sell on the forums anymore, as i don't think i deserve that right. its a right not a privilege to sell to this great community.

i've up beyond belief, been given second chances, and still messed up.

so no, i will not fight to get back off the PL, and I will take all the jokes, and licks that i deserve. i will still be posting in the modern forums, on a discussion only basis as i do enjoy the conversation.

I bump this for future reminder since the lure of profits is simply irresistible....pathetic

Is it more pathetic that he went back on his word, again, or that he still gets sales despite all his shenanigans?

I just assume every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie so no surprise he went back on his word again. And I'm sure he's still shilling books on eBay.I only saw one sale though and it was from a n00b so s/he probably didn't do any due diligence. Still (facepalm) in this hobby your word is so important. I guess for symbiotic he just doesn't care.

i'm not looking to sell on the forums anymore, as i don't think i deserve that right. its a right not a privilege to sell to this great community.

so no, i will not fight to get back off the PL, and I will take all the jokes, and licks that i deserve. i will still be posting in the modern forums, on a discussion only basis as i do enjoy the conversation.

I bump this for future reminder since the lure of profits is simply irresistible....pathetic

Is it more pathetic that he went back on his word, again, or that he still gets sales despite all his shenanigans?

I just assume every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie so no surprise he went back on his word again. And I'm sure he's still shilling books on eBay.I only saw one sale though and it was from a n00b so s/he probably didn't do any due diligence. Still (facepalm) in this hobby your word is so important. I guess for symbiotic he just doesn't care.

I PMed the noob and let him know that he should be sure to use paypal for protection and get tracking... not much else to do beyond being diligent.

Nomination: Symbiotic (PMed Symbiotic this afternoon about nominating him for PL)

Reason: Purchased New Mutants 98 CGC 9.4 and 1 raw copy of Manifest Destiny 1 regular cover from Symbiotic's sale thread on 3/5/14. The events listed below are what followed:

3/5/14 Paid by Paypal for the 2 books listed above

3/6/14 Symbiotic provides tracking number

3/11/14 I PMed Symbiotic to let him know that package shows that it was delivered to the incorrect state.

3/13/14 Symbiotic replies that he must have mailed it to himself. He is out of town but will correct the shipping mistake when he returns home. I reply that I am fine with that.

3/18/14 Symbiotic replies that he is back home and will ship package out in the next few days.

3/21/14 Symbiotic states that he has sent package out again.

3/30/14 I return home from vacation to find that the package has arrived, yet it only contains the NM98. The Manifest Destiny 1 is missing. I PM Symbiotic to let him know the MD1 was not in the package.

4/2/14 No reply from Symbiotic, so I file an "Item Not as Described" dispute with Paypal to preserve my rights. Symbiotic replies shortly after the dispute is filed and states he will get the MD1 in the mail "right away"

4/9/14 Still no book or tracking number. I PM Symbiotic to ask if MD1 has been sent yet.

4/10/14 Paypal dispute escalated to a claim since there's still no reply and book hasn't been received.

4/14/14 Symbiotic PMs and asks if I would rather have the book or receive a refund.

4/15/14 I reply to the PM stating that I would rather have the book

4/15/14 Symbiotic replies, stating that he accidentally sent my MD1 in for grading and that it received a 9.6. He asks if I still want the book.

4/15/14 I reply that I still want it. Symbiotic reads message but does not reply.

4/18/14 Still no reply, no tracking number, no book, no refund.

So in Symbotic's own feedback thread he's posted that he has refunded Wolfpack... in a post today. Wonder when he refunded the money, was it just prior to him starting up his sales thread?

That'd be pretty weak, wait to resolve a refund until you wanted to get off the probation list...

Wonder where wolfpack is so he can confirm the refund...

Miriclemet I miss your old avatar lol. Yea your 100% right just gotta hope for his sake that he didn't get taken and warn him to use as much protection as possible. I gotta say though Dr balls signs did come out great.

I will provide screenshots shortly.

Not looking for a clean skate, please feel free to warn buyers of my past discretions its their right.

I'm offering full refunds on all purchases, and even the option to pay once the item is received.

Not sure what much more I can do. Unless you want to throw me on the HoS and ban all future transactions, which too is understandable.

You could rehabilitate your reputation by actually keeping your word? Last time you said "I'm stepping away I don't want to sell I just want to be a part of the community" two weeks later you were selling again. Then you got caught a second time and again "I'm done selling don't worry I just will be part of the community" that lasted 2 months. Then, rather then come here and talk about making amends and doing the right thing, you badger wolfpack in your kudos thread and start a new sales thread instead of working to clear your name first.

Edited by jaybuck43

You could rehabilitate your reputation by actually keeping your word? Last time you said "I'm stepping away I don't want to sell I just want to be a part of the community" two weeks later you were selling again. Then you got caught a second time and again "I'm done selling don't worry I just will be part of the community" that lasted 2 months. Then, rather then come here and talk about making amends and doing the right thing, you badger wolfpack in your kudos thread and start a new sales thread instead of working to clear your name first.

i don't meant this to come of the wrong way at all, but how do you suggest i clear my name.

i am trying to do a number of smaller sales, in which i am willing to send out books without any payment, to new users none the less. and only once they are satisfied will i ask for payment. in fact if they decide they don't want to the book back, i'll pay for the shipment back, no hard feelings.

i KNOW, believe I know i up in the past. and i expect no forgiveness from the lot of you. but in terms of people looking for books, I think i'm giving them a great deal. not just price wise, but in terms of literally no risk at all on their behalf.

i have tried to apologize to several that i have wronged in the past to mixed results. i am trying here, i hope you can see that.

if not to each his own. and if you guys really want me gone, or furthermore what exactly should i be doing differently? that doesn't include writing the past, which would if i could.

Why don't you just stop trying to sell books?

If you really want to be part of the community, then participate in discussions. Stop trying to make money from boardies. I doubt anyone will believe you when you say that you're just trying to give people great deals.

both...I am sure some buyers don't pay attentions to the PL but I am also certain some don't care as long as COOL BOOKS are for sale.

because hyping hot moderns and flipping moderns are too easy of a profit to EVER give up....cracks are are hard to go cold turkey..easy comic flipping profit is even better than cracks.

Maybe it's time to think about something more permanent and considering putting Symbiotic on the HOS. The allure of $ is obviously too much for him. His word is worthless as he has proven time and time again. No matter how many times he says :sorry: and he's learned and will take time away from selling or stop selling here all together - he just goes back on his "word". Whether it's his repeated shilling despite being called out on it more than once or backing out of several transactions with excuse after excuse. He obviously isn't someone that CAN change his behavior and reform. Some people just can't help themselves. (shrug)

Maybe it's time to think about something more permanent and considering putting Symbiotic on the HOS. The allure of $ is obviously too much for him. His word is worthless as he has proven time and time again. No matter how many times he says :sorry: and he's learned and will take time away from selling or stop selling here all together - he just goes back on his "word". Whether it's his repeated shilling despite being called out on it more than once or backing out of several transactions with excuse after excuse. He obviously isn't someone that CAN change his behavior and reform. Some people just can't help themselves. (shrug)

Sorry Harv...but the fact that he's untrustworthy isn't HOS worthy IMO

At the end of the day, if everyone's been refunded or received their books, there's nothing the community can do but warn others regarding future purchases.

If the community as a whole stopped buying, he'd learn. Putting him unjustly on the HOS list for going back on his word would set a dangerous precedent.