• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

He did everything he was supposed to do to get off the pl and still remains so yeah... The probation list has a lot of integrity.

But he didn't? ???

wolfpack bought a Manifest Destiny #1.

Symbiotic did not honor the transaction. He sent the book to CGC "by mistake" when the book got hot and simply refunded the buyer's money. The buyer is still wronged.

He could have taken the SAME book he listed on eBay down and given it to wolfpack who had written symbiotic in hopes of resolving the situation before it arose to the level of a Probation nomination and Symbiotic simply ignored those PM's. It's not until he was nominated here did he say he wanted to "make things right". Once again - that "make things right" is just BS. It's a deflection technique used to gain sympathy from people and try to slink back into the shadows.

I don't think he belongs on the Probation List. I don't think his behavior can be reformed and don't think he really INTENDS to make things right. I think he just says he does and does something else as he has repeatedly proven. 2c

He still has not "made things right" with wolfpack simply by refunding him $30. :sorry:

So Symbitotic hasn't done anything new to offend anyone, he's just still selling comics because one time he said he wasn't going to sell comics anymore.

So should I go back and find other people changing there minds about stuff?

You can get mad about him selling but its pretty obvious if you just wait a little bit you'll have something to actually complain about.

lol

He did everything he was supposed to do to get off the pl and still remains so yeah... The probation list has a lot of integrity.

But he didn't? ???

Symbiotic did not honor the transaction. He sent the book to CGC "by mistake" when the book got hot and simply refunded the buyer's money. The buyer is still wronged.

He could have taken the SAME book he listed on eBay down and given it to wolfpack who had written symbiotic in hopes of resolving the situation before it arose to the level of a Probation nomination and Symbiotic simply ignored those PM's. It's not until he was nominated here did he say he wanted to "make things right". Once again - that "make things right" is just BS. It's a deflection technique used to gain sympathy from people and try to slink back into the shadows.

I don't think he belongs on the Probation List. I don't think his behavior can be reformed and don't think he really INTENDS to make things right. I think he just says he does and does something else as he has repeatedly proven. 2c

He still has not "made things right" with wolfpack simply by refunding him $30. :sorry:

That makes some sense. I think what's throwing me is the amount of dishonesty, because didn't he say he offered Wolfpack a "possible 9.8" MD? I dunno, I'm done trying to make sense out of it.

But he didn't? ???

So what does he need to do?

I spoilered most of the text it both posts.

But he didn't? ???

At 10:25 the nominator posted this:

It was stated in this thread over 2 months ago that a refund was provided for the missing Manifest Destiny 1. However, I would like to correct the inaccuracies contained in Symbiotic's statements in his current sales thread:

I never asked Symbiotic for a full refund. The NM98 was received and the agreed-upon price for that book was $200. I told Symbiotic repeatedly that I wanted the MD1 and only opened the Paypal partial refund claim (for $30) since he wasn't replying to PMs.

I'm confused as to how I was able to inform ebay that Symbiotic was selling an item (the MD1 now in CGC 9.6 form) that he now claim in his sales thread was still at CGC due to long turnaround times on moderns?

Symbiotic attempted to contact me on 5/2/14 (after the $30 refund was provided) to make things right, but he had the chance to do that when he asked and I told him I still wanted the MD1 even though it was accidentally graded. Instead, Symbiotic continued with the ebay sale of the book.

My ordeal with Symbiotic is closed as far as I am concerned, I just wanted to post this as I'm not a fan of him changing the circumstances of our interaction.

I didn't really follow this last situation when it happened & don't want to waste much time with this but Harvey's last sentence appears to contradict what was posted earlier by the nominator.

(shrug)

I think we need wolfpack to clarify whether "closed" is a request for removal from the PL.

Edited by bababooey

But he didn't? ???

He should have given the slabbed copy to Wolfpack. Wolfpack, if he were a stand up guy, would have reimbursed the slabbing cost to Symbiotic. Both parties made whole, with a value bump going to Wolfpack, who did absolutely nothing wrong, as opposed to a refund of the money and Symbiotic getting the windfall off the same book that he previously sold to Wolfpack.

a58xq.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Is that up to either one of us or Wolfpack?

If it were me, I'd work my hardest to find a Manifest Destiny #1 and send it off to Wolfpack. (shrug)

Me too but we can't make that a requirement.

But he didn't? ???

He should have given the slabbed copy to Wolfpack. Wolfpack, if he were a stand up guy, would have reimbursed the slabbing cost to Symbiotic. Both parties made whole, with a value bump going to Wolfpack, who did absolutely nothing wrong, as opposed to a refund of the money and Symbiotic getting the windfall off the same book that he previously sold to Wolfpack.

a58xq.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

What was that sig series group you were a part of? Wolf pack?

It is to me.

Then I must have read it wrong.

:D

What else would "closed" mean?

First we argued about the syntax of the word "open" a month ago... and now we will start with the syntax of "closed".

I vote we break down "maybe" while we are it ;)

God I love this place ! :D

xxx ooo

Rupp

It is to me.

Then I must have read it wrong.

:D

What else would "closed" mean?

First we argued about the syntax of the word "open" a month ago... and now we will start with the syntax of "closed".

I vote we break down "maybe" while we are it ;)

God I love this place ! :D

xxx ooo

Rupp

lol

We don't argue. We debate. ;)

:popcorn:

Symbiotic owes me nothing. He refunded the agreed-upon purchase price of the raw MD1.

For the people on the back, are you suggesting he be removed from the PL? If there is nothing else you expect from him then the answer is yes. :gossip:

Now I'm tempted to get you a MD 1. Raw 9.8 candidate?