• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Why don't you just sell the book and get on with your life?

Oh...because that would be too easy and make perfect sense in today's age.

:facepalm:

That was a comment that was totally uncalled for. And since you made it, I'll make damned sure I never deal with you again.

Why don't you just sell the book and get on with your life?

Oh...because that would be too easy and make perfect sense in today's age.

:facepalm:

That was a comment that was totally uncalled for. And since you made it, I'll make damned sure I never deal with you again.

I am sure many feel the same way you do.

It gets more complicated. lol

The last communication I had with the guy on October 17, he said payments would start in November. We didn't specify an actual day. I just assumed it would be somewhere around the start or middle of November as he said he had to finish off time payments with another board member in October.

Like I said, with board members in good standing I tend to be pretty lax and give them the benefit of the doubt. Heck, if he just said he regretting buying the book the day after it wouldn't have been a big deal but I haven't heard from him in a month now.

I've edited my current PM to him (and I've told him I've edited it, it's still unread) to let him know that if I don't hear back from him that he's eligible for PL. I guess we'll see what happens.

I do take responsibility for not taking collateral or negotiating an actual start time. So much for handshake agreements. :

Trust me your better off not dealing with Zombizzy you will get burned

I have no idea who Zombizzy is.

It doesn't really matter. That guy has such a raging Pringle Can sized boner for him that he will post anywhere and everywhere. Just go with it.

It doesn't really matter. That guy has such a raging Pringle Can sized boner for him that he will post anywhere and everywhere. Just go with it.

Just go with the Pringle Can boner? OK. lol

Funny, but also a mental image I wish I didn't have.

So, I heard back from my guy.

As expected, he backed out of the deal citing medical issues. I expected some sort of excuse and was actually betting it was going to be medical because it's impossible to prove and forces you to be sympathetic. Now you guys know me, and I'm generally a bleeding heart but I sometimes have a hard time believing someone using 'medical issues' as an excuse when

1) they post on the chat forums the entire time PMs are going unanswered

2) they finally reply after you threaten them with public exposure

BTW, I suffer from the same 'medical issues' as this person.

Thoughts?

So, I heard back from my guy.

As expected, he backed out of the deal citing medical issues. I expected some sort of excuse and was actually betting it was going to be medical because it's impossible to prove and forces you to be sympathetic. Now you guys know me, and I'm generally a bleeding heart but I sometimes have a hard time believing someone using 'medical issues' as an excuse when

1) they post on the chat forums the entire time PMs are going unanswered

2) they finally reply after you threaten them with public exposure

BTW, I suffer from the same 'medical issues' as this person.

Thoughts?

Is this where we provide thoughts/guesses on the medical issue you both share?

It gets more complicated. lol

The last communication I had with the guy on October 17, he said payments would start in November. We didn't specify an actual day. I just assumed it would be somewhere around the start or middle of November as he said he had to finish off time payments with another board member in October.

Like I said, with board members in good standing I tend to be pretty lax and give them the benefit of the doubt. Heck, if he just said he regretting buying the book the day after it wouldn't have been a big deal but I haven't heard from him in a month now.

I've edited my current PM to him (and I've told him I've edited it, it's still unread) to let him know that if I don't hear back from him that he's eligible for PL. I guess we'll see what happens.

I do take responsibility for not taking collateral or negotiating an actual start time. So much for handshake agreements. :

......this doesn't actually apply to this person, but I've had a couple of Time Pay "agreements " that went south with low or zero post count boardies..... they seemed to suspiciously occur around the time a similar book ( usually a scarcer, high ticket item) was to be auctioned elsewhere..... nowadays, I only give 7 days for a "no call, no show" situation before I'll relist something..... I'm not waiting 30 days for someone to tie up a book. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Is this where we provide thoughts/guesses on the medical issue you both share?

Back troubles. No guessing required. :grin:

And I'm not going to nominate the guy to the PL.

I just wonder if I should out him.