• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I was just reviewing some of the past history on the H.O.S. list. It's funny how some of these guys go on and on and on with pages of excuses and nonsense that has no bearing on them not following through on a deal. lol

Shouldn't you wait for an answer before adding anyone to the list?

Rich just wrote me via PM. He should be around soon to address it publicly. (thumbs u

I just figured I'd take care of it now before the raffle begins. (shrug)

So, what started as basically non-response over the course of several (more then fair) attempts to reach the ebay buyer (who turned out to be board member oceanavekid), I took this to both ebay and the message boards.

There was an initial e-check payment made several days after initial payment was due, mostly because I finally had to file a non-paying bidder on ebay.

Once I told him that I was taking this to the message boards, all of a sudden he had no problems emailing me back and forth.

1st e-check payment was cancelled, and that's when I informed him I was tired of dealing with non-paying bidders like himself.

His response: (this was about a week ago, I believe)

Yeah "buyers" like myself

I had the money getting this refund is taking a lot longer than expected and really messed up my account.

Things come up, it happens

I've done a lot of deal on and off the boards

One time I have an issue and you act like this is a regular thing. just go ahead and block me trash me on the boards. Not like it's anything new

I'd rather not deal with sellers like yourself

Have a nice day

As I said, all of a sudden there were no problems in responding to my emails, and after this last response from him, I said that there seems to be a pattern here, and provided several links to other threads on the boards where he's had similar issues.

After that there was no more smarmy replies, and even though a 2nd e-check payment had been initiated, that too was cancelled.

At any rate, this is someone with a history of shenanigans and tire kicking on the boards, and the PL list is pretty much where he belongs and blocked on your ebay bidder list. Ebay user handle is crisis_comics

Not a psychic, but I'd be shocked if he didn't swing in here before the end of the day with a song and dance defending himself.

I will say only this---and this is neither pro or con this buyer.

But he makes mention of "switching banks" claiming this was initially the issue with the paypal account. This is an exact excuse/reason used by another buyer/board member not too long ago where something similar happened.

I'm not sure if I buy it or not, it seems too convenient, two similar events happening very close to each other....but if that's truly the issue here, anyone who is switching bank accounts should be responsible enough to change the information with paypal as well, post haste.

In closing, ultimately, oceanavekid has a track record here on the boards, and had I known his ebay handle prior, I would have blocked him anyway.

Edited by Rich_Henn

Well, mentioning the Probabation discussions apparently struck a nerve: for the first time in allmost 3 months I am communicating with Seerojas. His e-mails are full of accusations toward me, but fortunately I have kept all relevant e-mail and if necessary I will show the printscreens in order to expose him for what he is.

No it was not dealt with, because of my very busy schedule at work and being dejected from the entire experience.

But now that I have some time off and since I would hate it if people would be scammed without me having done everything possible to prevent this, I have sent the PM to Seerojas.

If I hear anything I will let you know.

regards,

Elmer

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place to do so, and if I can nominate a non-boardie for the Hall of Shame, but I want to warn anybody for eBay seller Seerojas.

What is the case?

On 7 July I purchased item 221483206787: a complete set of ASM666 variants.

On 22 August the package arrived. I immediately noticed the seller Seerojas that three books were missing. The next day, the seller Seerojas apologized and promised to send the missing books.

On 6 September I asked the seller about the status of the books. He said he had not sent them yet, but promised to do so right away.

On 1 October I still had not received the books and asked the seller Seerojas about the status.

On 1 October the seller Seerojas replied he would send them ‘tomorrow’. I demanded a tracking number.

On 2 October the seller Seerojas said he would send them ‘tomorrow’. Again I demanded a tracking number.

On 6 October the seller Seerojas said he would send the books ‘tomorrow’. Again I demanded a tracking number and then I did not hear anything anymore. All of the sudden the conversation at eBay was closed (can the seller to that?)

On 9 October I started a refund request at eBay. I got a confirmation saying the seller would contact me within 6 days and that after that period I could ask eBay to step in.

On 16 October, after I did not hear anything from the seller Seerojas, I wanted to ask eBay to stept in. But when I click the link ‘ask us to step in and help’ in the confirmation e-mail, I got into a screen saying: 'This return was closed' and 'the return was completed on Oct 15, 2014'. Well, nothing was completed, I did not get any refund, I can not start anything with PayPal as the 45 day period has expired and I can not get into touch with eBay.

So I am screwed. Well, I have learned my lesson. This is the second bad incident I had with eBay and I will not use them anymore. And I warn anybody against this fraud caled Seerojas.

best,

E

There's a boardie here with the same name.

seerojas

He hasn't posted in a year.

If this is a boardy I really want him on probabtion. What information do I need to share to make this happen? regards, E

Bumping this so this actually gets dealt with. PM him that you are nominating him for the PL. You gave us enough information. If he doesn't respond in 3 days, he goes on the list.

Did this ever get dealt with?

Edited by Dutch74

Well, mentioning the Probabation discussions apparently struck a nerve: for the first time in allmost 3 months I am communicating with Seerojas. His e-mails are full of accusations toward me, but fortunately I have kept all relevant e-mail and if necessary I will show the printscreens in order to expose him for what he is.

So what is the upshot of this, will he complete the transaction, or is he arguing he is not responsible? Will he post here with his side of the story, or not?

So what is the upshot of this, will he complete the transaction, or is he arguing he is not responsible? Will he post here with his side of the story, or not?

Someone who's been saying "I'll mail it tomorrow" for over four months clearly has no intention of every mailing the item. After all this time (since July, was it?) Even if he had the books, I'd only want my money back.

He's on my block bidder list now.

Edited by Rich_Henn

Thank you. Actually, I reveived five mails from Seerojas today. In the first one he offered a refund. In the second, third and fourth he took an aggressive approach, basically calling me a fraud who was unavailable for communication etc. When I laid down my evidence he sent a fifth mail in which he proposed to send the missing item. Instead I asked for the refund (I have already asked a boardie if he could arrange the book for me and combine the shipping to the Netherlands with other books). We will see how this ends. It does tire me. Fortunately, it did not really hurt me financially, but it is about principles. It was an eyeopener to me that mentioning this forum seems to have opened the door. Thanks again.

Someone who's been saying "I'll mail it tomorrow" for over four months clearly has no intention of every mailing the item. After all this time (since July, was it?) Even if he had the books, I'd only want my money back.

He's on my block bidder list now.

A 'complete' set of ASM 666 variants.

In his 6th mail of the day he is trying to bargain about the refund. Sigh

Funny how that email system of his all of a sudden just up and magically started working again. Much like my buyer.

Edited by Rich_Henn

No it was not dealt with, because of my very busy schedule at work and being dejected from the entire experience.

But now that I have some time off and since I would hate it if people would be scammed without me having done everything possible to prevent this, I have sent the PM to Seerojas.

If I hear anything I will let you know.

regards,

Elmer

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place to do so, and if I can nominate a non-boardie for the Hall of Shame, but I want to warn anybody for eBay seller Seerojas.

What is the case?

On 7 July I purchased item 221483206787: a complete set of ASM666 variants.

On 22 August the package arrived. I immediately noticed the seller Seerojas that three books were missing. The next day, the seller Seerojas apologized and promised to send the missing books.

On 6 September I asked the seller about the status of the books. He said he had not sent them yet, but promised to do so right away.

On 1 October I still had not received the books and asked the seller Seerojas about the status.

On 1 October the seller Seerojas replied he would send them ‘tomorrow’. I demanded a tracking number.

On 2 October the seller Seerojas said he would send them ‘tomorrow’. Again I demanded a tracking number.

On 6 October the seller Seerojas said he would send the books ‘tomorrow’. Again I demanded a tracking number and then I did not hear anything anymore. All of the sudden the conversation at eBay was closed (can the seller to that?)

On 9 October I started a refund request at eBay. I got a confirmation saying the seller would contact me within 6 days and that after that period I could ask eBay to step in.

On 16 October, after I did not hear anything from the seller Seerojas, I wanted to ask eBay to stept in. But when I click the link ‘ask us to step in and help’ in the confirmation e-mail, I got into a screen saying: 'This return was closed' and 'the return was completed on Oct 15, 2014'. Well, nothing was completed, I did not get any refund, I can not start anything with PayPal as the 45 day period has expired and I can not get into touch with eBay.

So I am screwed. Well, I have learned my lesson. This is the second bad incident I had with eBay and I will not use them anymore. And I warn anybody against this fraud caled Seerojas.

best,

E

There's a boardie here with the same name.

seerojas

He hasn't posted in a year.

If this is a boardy I really want him on probabtion. What information do I need to share to make this happen? regards, E

Bumping this so this actually gets dealt with. PM him that you are nominating him for the PL. You gave us enough information. If he doesn't respond in 3 days, he goes on the list.

Did this ever get dealt with?

So you ordered and paid for a set of 145 (or thereabouts) variants of ASM666, he failed to deliver on 3 of them?

I didn't look to see what the original purchase price was nor have I seen anything about refund expectations or refund offers that you declined. Can you outline some of that stuff?

I paid $1800 for the ASM666 set. On 22 August I learnt that three books where missing. After much discussion and excuses, two of these books finally arrived (which was about a week after my post on 21 October). I checked on the internet (eBay, although I do not intend to buy with them) what it would cost me if I would buy the missing book. That would be $55, so that is what I asked for a refund. Yesterday, Seerojas offered $30, which I declined as it means I will eventually have to pay more than $1800 for the entire set and that was not the deal.

I paid $1800 for the ASM666 set. On 22 August I learnt that three books where missing. After much discussion and excuses, two of these books finally arrived (which was about a week after my post on 21 October). I checked on the internet (eBay, although I do not intend to buy with them) what it would cost me if I would buy the missing book. That would be $55, so that is what I asked for a refund. Yesterday, Seerojas offered $30, which I declined as it means I will eventually have to pay more than $1800 for the entire set and that was not the deal.

So for the one missing issue he's offering you a refund that amounts to your average cost for 2.33 issues. To ballpark that I used 140 variants as my total # of variants & he's offering you 1/60th of the value back in a refund. (shrug)

While it's true you didn't get exactly what you paid for, he has at least gotten it down to one issue missing issue so he's made some effort. It appears he communicates poorly but that's hard to judge without seeing all of it.

I don't personally think the seller is being unreasonable with his refund offer of $30 - the e-bay unsold BIN prices aren't that meaningful to me as it pertains to damages.

2c

Chris Catanzaro

Ticket Coordinator U.S. National Indoor Championship

Memphis, TennesseeSports

Current

SampleOn

Previous

U.S. National Indoor Championship, Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees, Washington Kastles - World TeamTennis

Education

University of Michigan

500+

connectionsSend Chris InMailMore options

www.linkedin.com/pub/chris-catanzaro/5/940/b70

Background

Summary

I have extensive Ticket and Corporate Sales experience in minor league sports. I also have ran Community Relation ,Public Relations and Merchandise departments. I have had the typical career in minor league sports, we all wear many hats so you learn how to do many things. I am always looking at ways to grow and learn new things.

Experience

SampleOnExecutive Sports Consultant

SampleOn

February 2013 – Present (1 year 11 months)

SampleOn is a Social Engagement platform, designed for you to engage and experience with what’s new and happening around you and places you plan to visit. From wine tasting events to sporting, new products to recreation and everything in between we have got you covered. Our main objective is to launch and promote businesses, their products, services and events in an interesting and attractive form.

SampleOn helps promote events, products and services to consumers locally and worldwide. SampleOn is the only Sample Marketing Promotion Portal in the world. Avoid the marketing clutter and make yourself visible to your potential customers. It is a great business tool to attract and grow your business through trial launch of your product or services, which leads to purchasing through the integrated second tier promotion. Great for last minute promotions as it creates buzz. A true Customer Acquisition tool at best.

The added me on linkedin.

Chris Catanzaro

Ticket Coordinator U.S. National Indoor Championship

Memphis, TennesseeSports

Current

SampleOn

Previous

U.S. National Indoor Championship, Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees, Washington Kastles - World TeamTennis

Education

University of Michigan

500+

connectionsSend Chris InMailMore options

www.linkedin.com/pub/chris-catanzaro/5/940/b70

Background

Summary

I have extensive Ticket and Corporate Sales experience in minor league sports. I also have ran Community Relation ,Public Relations and Merchandise departments. I have had the typical career in minor league sports, we all wear many hats so you learn how to do many things. I am always looking at ways to grow and learn new things.

Experience

SampleOnExecutive Sports Consultant

SampleOn

February 2013 – Present (1 year 11 months)

SampleOn is a Social Engagement platform, designed for you to engage and experience with what’s new and happening around you and places you plan to visit. From wine tasting events to sporting, new products to recreation and everything in between we have got you covered. Our main objective is to launch and promote businesses, their products, services and events in an interesting and attractive form.

SampleOn helps promote events, products and services to consumers locally and worldwide. SampleOn is the only Sample Marketing Promotion Portal in the world. Avoid the marketing clutter and make yourself visible to your potential customers. It is a great business tool to attract and grow your business through trial launch of your product or services, which leads to purchasing through the integrated second tier promotion. Great for last minute promotions as it creates buzz. A true Customer Acquisition tool at best.

The added me on linkedin.

So why are bringing this up in here???