• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Chris Catanzaro

Ticket Coordinator U.S. National Indoor Championship

Memphis, TennesseeSports

Current

SampleOn

Previous

U.S. National Indoor Championship, Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees, Washington Kastles - World TeamTennis

Education

University of Michigan

500+

connectionsSend Chris InMailMore options

www.linkedin.com/pub/chris-catanzaro/5/940/b70

Background

Summary

I have extensive Ticket and Corporate Sales experience in minor league sports. I also have ran Community Relation ,Public Relations and Merchandise departments. I have had the typical career in minor league sports, we all wear many hats so you learn how to do many things. I am always looking at ways to grow and learn new things.

Experience

SampleOnExecutive Sports Consultant

SampleOn

February 2013 – Present (1 year 11 months)

SampleOn is a Social Engagement platform, designed for you to engage and experience with what’s new and happening around you and places you plan to visit. From wine tasting events to sporting, new products to recreation and everything in between we have got you covered. Our main objective is to launch and promote businesses, their products, services and events in an interesting and attractive form.

SampleOn helps promote events, products and services to consumers locally and worldwide. SampleOn is the only Sample Marketing Promotion Portal in the world. Avoid the marketing clutter and make yourself visible to your potential customers. It is a great business tool to attract and grow your business through trial launch of your product or services, which leads to purchasing through the integrated second tier promotion. Great for last minute promotions as it creates buzz. A true Customer Acquisition tool at best.

The added me on linkedin.

So why are bringing this up in here???

I believe this would be the reasoning........but....not sure if he is a board member or not.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8267359

I paid $1800 for the ASM666 set. On 22 August I learnt that three books where missing. After much discussion and excuses, two of these books finally arrived (which was about a week after my post on 21 October). I checked on the internet (eBay, although I do not intend to buy with them) what it would cost me if I would buy the missing book. That would be $55, so that is what I asked for a refund. Yesterday, Seerojas offered $30, which I declined as it means I will eventually have to pay more than $1800 for the entire set and that was not the deal.

So for the one missing issue he's offering you a refund that amounts to your average cost for 2.33 issues. To ballpark that I used 140 variants as my total # of variants & he's offering you 1/60th of the value back in a refund. (shrug)

While it's true you didn't get exactly what you paid for, he has at least gotten it down to one issue missing issue so he's made some effort. It appears he communicates poorly but that's hard to judge without seeing all of it.

I don't personally think the seller is being unreasonable with his refund offer of $30 - the e-bay unsold BIN prices aren't that meaningful to me as it pertains to damages.

2c

Conversely, if the seller cared for their reputation, you would think this could have been settled ages ago, and since now its down to a $25 difference, that an extra $25 would be worth not having your name dragged through the mud. 2c

You would also think, if that extra $25 was a just cause of principle, or something like that, or the buyer had been unreasonably high maintenance, or something like that, that the seller would be here telling us all about it. And the seller is evidently aware that the buyer has brought this to the PL forum.

I paid $1800 for the ASM666 set. On 22 August I learnt that three books where missing. After much discussion and excuses, two of these books finally arrived (which was about a week after my post on 21 October). I checked on the internet (eBay, although I do not intend to buy with them) what it would cost me if I would buy the missing book. That would be $55, so that is what I asked for a refund. Yesterday, Seerojas offered $30, which I declined as it means I will eventually have to pay more than $1800 for the entire set and that was not the deal.

So for the one missing issue he's offering you a refund that amounts to your average cost for 2.33 issues. To ballpark that I used 140 variants as my total # of variants & he's offering you 1/60th of the value back in a refund. (shrug)

While it's true you didn't get exactly what you paid for, he has at least gotten it down to one issue missing issue so he's made some effort. It appears he communicates poorly but that's hard to judge without seeing all of it.

I don't personally think the seller is being unreasonable with his refund offer of $30 - the e-bay unsold BIN prices aren't that meaningful to me as it pertains to damages.

2c

This theory would not work so well if I sold a run of Logan's run and #6 was missing, but no worries you get 1/7th of your money back.

Or how about ASM #583 variants with the 1st print Obama cover missing and you get 1/6th your money back.

Your math is off, it is not that simple.

You guys are free to disagree, but the "small $25 difference" works both ways & if $25 is a reasonable reputation saving compensation amount then when would Dutch's demand become an unreasonable burden? $75? $100? What if he was a wacky completionist who felt the "set" was worthless, demanding $1800, since it's not 100% complete (he's clearly not :foryou: ) Where do you draw the line?

It's ironic that NP posted right after crassus' "seller reputation is worth more than..." post since NP was the seller who outed & put the nail in GIJOEISAWESOME's dealer compensation/grading dispute scam. lol

All those goodwill gestures added up. 2c

The buyer hasn't indicated the issue was "harder" than any of the other ones so it's not a New Mutants run missing iss. 98 - the only reason it is listed on e-bay with a $55 BIN is because of the value placed on it by completionists, basing compensation/refund on an amount the buyer stated he isn't willing to pay seems wrong. If he buys it for $55 then that changes things.

The fact that this guy is missing this issue IS the fault of the seller but demanding restitution based on a pie in the sky ask price that even the buyer dismisses as too much seems wrong.

The timeline and no-show status of the seller hurt his side but if I was arbitrating a PL nom & basing it on the $25 difference - I'd probably only side with the buyer if he bought the issue in question for that price - until he does that the only valid measure of damages is the original transaction.

The fact that this guy is missing this issue IS the fault of the seller but demanding restitution based on a pie in the sky ask price that even the buyer dismisses as too much seems wrong.

The timeline and no-show status of the seller hurt his side but if I was arbitrating a PL nom & basing it on the $25 difference - I'd probably only side with the buyer if he bought the issue in question for that price - until he does that the only valid measure of damages is the original transaction.

Your point is reasonable enough. I am not familiar with these books, but if the consensus was that $55.00 compensation for this issue was a significantly inflated (and therefore abusive) price for the book, it would be more understandable if the seller balked. Nobody wants to feel like they are being put over a barrel.

That said, when I see a $25 dollar difference, which presumably could have been settled for less drama at an earlier time, I remember that old (outdated?) saying "the customer is always right". Of course it doesn't literally mean the customer is always right, as a customer can be abusive or unreasonable, but its a philosophy that puts effort into customer satisfaction, and that often helps avoid getting into these situations in the first place.

If you make a mistake, and you know you've made a mistake, fix it quickly and make it right, and 99% of customers will go away still happy. 2c

Your point is reasonable enough. I am not familiar with these books, but if the consensus was that $55.00 compensation for this issue was a significantly inflated (and therefore abusive) price for the book, it would be more understandable if the seller balked. Nobody wants to feel like they are being put over a barrel.

That said, when I see a $25 dollar difference, which presumably could have been settled for less drama at an earlier time, I remember that old (outdated?) saying "the customer is always right". Of course it doesn't literally mean the customer is always right, as a customer can be abusive or unreasonable, but its a philosophy that puts effort into customer satisfaction, and that often helps avoid getting into these situations in the first place.

If you make a mistake, and you know you've made a mistake, fix it quickly and make it right, and 99% of customers will go away still happy. 2c

I know nothing of the rarity of the book in question etc, but if I buy a set and its missing 1 issue from the set and the only way for me to complete the set is to buy it from ebay seems like an obvious solution.

In what world does a buyer buy a set and the seller sends an incomplete set and somehow the buyer is unreasonable? (shrug)

Dan

Well Dan you can pick your world, I laid that out earlier. :popcorn:

You guys are free to disagree, but the "small $25 difference" works both ways & if $25 is a reasonable reputation saving compensation amount then when would Dutch's demand become an unreasonable burden? $75? $100? What if he was a wacky completionist who felt the "set" was worthless, demanding $1800, since it's not 100% complete (he's clearly not ) Where do you draw the line?

It's in this post - I don't personally believe either the buyer or seller are being extremely unreasonable but I think assigning damages is challenging.

I don't recall us ever basing compensation on an unrealized replacement cost on a three year old unsold BIN - when the buyer doesn't plan to purchase - it's an interesting discussion to have I think considering most of these sell for under $20/copy.

I personally prefer branget's ownership of the problem as a solution over those who think throwing money at the problem is the solution - I think that ran its course over the past months with these two guys resulting in only two more books. Now we're down to the last one...please share your opinion of how much is too much & please don't wait for someone else to respond & just "plus one" it.

:baiting:

In what world does a buyer buy a set and the seller sends an incomplete set and somehow the buyer is unreasonable? (shrug)

Dan

Well Dan you can pick your world, I laid that out earlier. :popcorn:

You guys are free to disagree, but the "small $25 difference" works both ways & if $25 is a reasonable reputation saving compensation amount then when would Dutch's demand become an unreasonable burden? $75? $100? What if he was a wacky completionist who felt the "set" was worthless, demanding $1800, since it's not 100% complete (he's clearly not ) Where do you draw the line?

It's in this post - I don't personally believe either the buyer or seller are being extremely unreasonable but I think assigning damages is challenging.

I don't recall us ever basing compensation on an unrealized replacement cost on a three year old unsold BIN - when the buyer doesn't plan to purchase - it's an interesting discussion to have I think considering most of these sell for under $20/copy.

I personally prefer branget's ownership of the problem as a solution over those who think throwing money at the problem is the solution - I think that ran its course over the past months with these two guys resulting in only two more books. Now we're down to the last one...please share your opinion of how much is too much & please don't wait for someone else to respond & just "plus one" it.

:baiting:

Money is no issue. Buy a seller's advertised goods and expect to receive the goods. The seller must make the buyer whole for what he advertised. Why does it matter how much the seller has to spend to fulfill his obligation? Oh, and + 1. :acclaim:

Dan

For your information, by now I agreed to the $30 refund as proposed by Seerojas. In the end it does not matter as I am convinced I will not get it.

:(

Sorry if it seemed like I was coming down on you. :sorry: I was looking at it and arguing based on the technicality of establishing a fair refund amount...if you had waited I appeared to be losing badly :D

If the one you're missing happens to be the New Dimension variant PM me your address & I'll send you mine :angel:

Chris Catanzaro

Ticket Coordinator U.S. National Indoor Championship

Memphis, TennesseeSports

Current

SampleOn

Previous

U.S. National Indoor Championship, Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees, Washington Kastles - World TeamTennis

Education

University of Michigan

500+

connectionsSend Chris InMailMore options

www.linkedin.com/pub/chris-catanzaro/5/940/b70

Background

Summary

I have extensive Ticket and Corporate Sales experience in minor league sports. I also have ran Community Relation ,Public Relations and Merchandise departments. I have had the typical career in minor league sports, we all wear many hats so you learn how to do many things. I am always looking at ways to grow and learn new things.

Experience

SampleOnExecutive Sports Consultant

SampleOn

February 2013 – Present (1 year 11 months)

SampleOn is a Social Engagement platform, designed for you to engage and experience with what’s new and happening around you and places you plan to visit. From wine tasting events to sporting, new products to recreation and everything in between we have got you covered. Our main objective is to launch and promote businesses, their products, services and events in an interesting and attractive form.

SampleOn helps promote events, products and services to consumers locally and worldwide. SampleOn is the only Sample Marketing Promotion Portal in the world. Avoid the marketing clutter and make yourself visible to your potential customers. It is a great business tool to attract and grow your business through trial launch of your product or services, which leads to purchasing through the integrated second tier promotion. Great for last minute promotions as it creates buzz. A true Customer Acquisition tool at best.

The added me on linkedin.

So why are bringing this up in here???

I believe this would be the reasoning........but....not sure if he is a board member or not.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8267359

Sorry yeah he is a board member or was, CATZ13 or Imaginecomics After I posted I found other forums dedicated to the warning of this guy. The email address he used to contact me, he used on his linkedin account. It sent me a request which im guessing he didn't mean to do.

Sorry yeah he is a board member or was, CATZ13 or Imaginecomics After I posted I found other forums dedicated to the warning of this guy. The email address he used to contact me, he used on his linkedin account. It sent me a request which im guessing he didn't mean to do.

So what is this guy's angle since he gets sent money then refunds it when the buyer figures out no books are coming?

A small, short-term loan?

No problem at all and I appreciate the offer, but it is the Stadium variant I am missing. A boardie has promised to take it from eBay (if it is still available there) and combine the shipping with some other books for me. By the way, if somebody happens to have a ASM666 unsigned Mac variant, I am interesting in buying that.

Of course I haven't heard from Seerojas since I told him I accepted his offer on the $30 refund, but I'll wait a couple of more days.

For your information, by now I agreed to the $30 refund as proposed by Seerojas. In the end it does not matter as I am convinced I will not get it.

:(

Sorry if it seemed like I was coming down on you. :sorry: I was looking at it and arguing based on the technicality of establishing a fair refund amount...if you had waited I appeared to be losing badly :D

If the one you're missing happens to be the New Dimension variant PM me your address & I'll send you mine :angel:

Edited by Dutch74