• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I think we should see screen caps of the PM's are being sent 4, 5 & 6 days after a sale.

I think we also need to consider that the seller removed himself from the PM's today and yesterday SpideyFein was blowing up the guy's sales thread....one full week after being told last Sunday "I'll let you know when it ships"

We could be looking at a scammer or a resold situation or we could be looking at a hyperactive buyer.

(shrug)

While I have no doubt that the seller has popped smoke and has no intention of completing the sale, I believe, per the letter of the law, he still has until the 30 days are up before he can be nominated to the PL.

This was my thought too, exactly.

Not if they are openly saying not following through. Several times npb have said not paying and been nominated before 30 days.

I think we should see screen caps of the PM's are being sent 4, 5 & 6 days after a sale.

I think we also need to consider that the seller removed himself from the PM's today and yesterday SpideyFein was blowing up the guy's sales thread....one full week after being told last Sunday "I'll let you know when it ships"

We could be looking at a scammer or a resold situation or we could be looking at a hyperactive buyer.

(shrug)

While I have no doubt that the seller has popped smoke and has no intention of completing the sale, I believe, per the letter of the law, he still has until the 30 days are up before he can be nominated to the PL.

This was my thought too, exactly.

Not if they are openly saying not following through. Several times npb have said not paying and been nominated before 30 days.

Agreed, but that is the issue for clarification here, if the seller has told him flat out you are not getting your book.

I think this is important, but not the only thing at present, I don't know if he has sent him another PM about the PL list, which he would have to do anyway, but if the seller is made aware that he is on the hot seat here, that will tell us very quickly what his real intentions are.

Guys, I appreciate the comments, regarding the comment that I was blowing up the sales thread. You have to understand that I hadn't heard from the buyer in over a week, and he had the audacity to post in his wanted to buy thread. I made a purchase of $1250 and hadn't heard from him in over a week. I do believe multiple boardies pm'ed him. One even pm'ed me to tell me he pm'ed him about the price.

Either way, he HADN'T read my pm's, and then removed himself from the pm thread today. I ONLY asked for open communication. For him to post in his thread, blatantly not read my messages (and of course NOT send my book), Erase his second message, and then remove himself from the thread, he's AVOIDING our sale entirely. That is a NO NO in any selling arena, let alone on a public comic forum and a COMPLETED sale of $1250. Even if it was $50, it still would matter, but that's a lot of dough to be floating around. I for one don't like to pee on my money.

Edited by SpideyFein

You did a chargeback or opened a paypal dispute already, I assume? The PL nomination would be secondary (but still important) next to getting the money back.

You did a chargeback or opened a paypal dispute already, I assume? The PL nomination would be secondary (but still important) next to getting the money back.

A chargeback I suppose, basically opened a case. I just had to work, so now I could take it further.

A chargeback I suppose, basically opened a case. I just had to work, so now I could take it further.

Chargebacks are when you have to go to the credit card company. Paypal may just refund you without you having to go so far. :wishluck:

Chargebacks are when you have to go to the credit card company. Paypal may just refund you without you having to go so far. :wishluck:

It'll take some time (they have to let the seller respond), but if (when, really) he can't show tracking you'll get the dough back pretty soon. When there's no proof of shipment, it works pretty fast.

Guys, I appreciate the comments, regarding the comment that I was blowing up the sales thread. You have to understand that I hadn't heard from the buyer in over a week, and he had the audacity to post in his wanted to buy thread. I made a purchase of $1250 and hadn't heard from him in over a week. I do believe multiple boardies pm'ed him. One even pm'ed me to tell me he pm'ed him about the price.

Either way, he HADN'T read my pm's, and then removed himself from the pm thread today. I ONLY asked for open communication. For him to post in his thread, blatantly not read my messages (and of course NOT send my book), Erase his second message, and then remove himself from the thread, he's AVOIDING our sale entirely. That is a NO NO in any selling arena, let alone on a public comic forum and a COMPLETED sale of $1250. Even if it was $50, it still would matter, but that's a lot of dough to be floating around. I for one don't like to pee on my money.

Rather than hear your version of what is a "NO NO" on any selling arena why don't you give us some insight rather than your version of events.

I made the comment about "blowing up the sales thread" which you saw, I also made a request, let's see screenshots of the PM's you sent this guy last Thurs, Friday and Saturday.

:popcorn:

It'll take some time (they have to let the seller respond), but if (when, really) he can't show tracking you'll get the dough back pretty soon. When there's no proof of shipment, it works pretty fast.

Thanks for the info and well wishes. Yes, hopefully this thing will be over soon. Again, a bunch of bologna- baloney

Rather than hear your version of what is a "NO NO" on any selling arena why don't you give us some insight rather than your version of events.

I made the comment about "blowing up the sales thread" which you saw, I also made a request, let's see screenshots of the PM's you sent this guy last Thurs, Friday and Saturday.

It's not my version of the events. It's what happened! After hearing what I've said, it's interesting you are persistent on seeing screenshots of our pm's. I'd rather not show them until things are fully settled. I did PM a couple boardies about the book and kept them in the loop as well.

I've been on the boards for over 2 years man. Only one other time a situation like this has occurred, when a seller demanded I pay him pp personal and shipping on a $500+ book, even though they clearly stated pp and free shipping. I have 16 pages of kudos. Nothing to hide bro. I paid $1250 for a book. After the seller's lack of responses, I'm 99.9% sure I'm not getting it, or the book is sold (to another boardie who did a .... Move and pm'ed him under my nose). I want my dough man.

what point does a screenshot of unread PMs serve?

If this becomes a PL process what you are asking is not unreasonable for the record, but having said that, it is absolutely never ever going to be acceptable to take someone's money and then break off contact.

If this becomes a PL process what you are asking is not unreasonable for the record, but having said that, it is absolutely never ever going to be acceptable to take someone's money and then break off contact.

+1, it's more than a red flag, it's a moderately sized fire engine. I don't blame him for being upset.

what point does a screenshot of unread PMs serve?

Thanks KPR. I guess people want to be EXTRA sure I'm telling the truth and that what I said is true. Even though I want to clean the air 100%, again, once all is good on my end, I will gladly post my pms and get him on the probation list. I do take my books and purchases seriously, and of course want to look out for other boardies in the process. This guy should not be on the boards.

I agree, I'd like to see the communication and a screenshot can't be faked and should show us "unread by" - to show everyone he's not PM'ing into a dead link.

I see things like the seller having the "audacity" to post in his own WTB while not responding to this buyer's PM's - so where's the PM's? What sort of tone is being conveyed by this buyer? If a guy is removing himself from a PM thread, maybe it has something to do with the discussion taking place in the sales thread or maybe it has something to do with what's being said via PM.

Thinking back SpideyFein was the nominator of solarcadet & because he was persona non grata no one ever bothered to press him (the nominator) for any facts or explanations as to why he backed out of that deal twice. He backed out before solarcadet took the retaliatory action of trying to get $30 in shipping fees out of a done deal - I'm not saying that this buyer might not have run into another bad seller situation, I'd like a sense of what some of the buyers around here are saying to a seller 4 days after they said "I'll let you know when it ships".

He's free to share what he wants to share, I'm just not going to automatically take the word of the first person posting here 8 days after a purchase where the seller hasn't said anything about backing out, they've just said nothing.

(shrug)

I agree, I'd like to see the communication and a screenshot can't be faked and should show us "unread by" - to show everyone he's not PM'ing into a dead link.

I see things like the seller having the "audacity" to post in his own WTB while not responding to this buyer's PM's - so where's the PM's? What sort of tone is being conveyed by this buyer? If a guy is removing himself from a PM thread, maybe it has something to do with the discussion taking place in the sales thread or maybe it has something to do with what's being said via PM.

Thinking back SpideyFein was the nominator of solarcadet & because he was persona non grata no one ever bothered to press him (the nominator) for any facts or explanations as to why he backed out of that deal twice. He backed out before solarcadet took the retaliatory action of trying to get $30 in shipping fees out of a done deal - I'm not saying that this buyer might not have run into another bad seller situation, I'd like a sense of what some of the buyers around here are saying to a seller 4 days after they said "I'll let you know when it ships".

He's free to share what he wants to share, I'm just not going to automatically take the word of the first person posting here 8 days after a purchase where the seller hasn't said anything about backing out, they've just said nothing.

(shrug)

Again, I have nothing to hide man. You will feast your eyes on the messages when things are good on my end. Regarding the Solarcadet issue, you must not have read his messages and his responses to others. I didn't back out twice. I gave the first reason why I backed out, and there really wasn't a "second" backing out. The seller was plane nasty, and ADMITTED to being nasty to me and saying he didn't care about me or anybody else (something to that extent). Enough about that.

Question. When you do "see" our pm's, you don't think this guy had a set of iron cahonas to post in his WTB and not PM me back about a $1250 book. Btw, he read all of my pm's apparently all at once and deleted himself at 2:45 or so as I said. He hadn't done anything with my messages the whole week until today and then fact removed himself from the thread shows me he wants nothing to do with it. BTW, it was 9:13pm when I posted in his original thread. My last pm on Sunday was at 5:45pm. It was over 7 days. He had plenty of time to respond.

Here is what i "politely" said on Thursday

Unread By: none

#5956132 - 04/30/15 09:55 AM Re: GL76

SpideyFein

Chatzilla

Loc: Strong Island

Hey, just wondering when you'll be shipping. I'm definitely excited for the book. Thanks.

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote

Then another message:

#5956168 - 04/30/15 10:12 AM Re: GL76

SpideyFein

Chatzilla

Also, where in NY are you. I'm in Long Island.

OK so I'm going to timeline this a bit.

I'd like to nominate alfredP AKA "bszar" to the Probation List. This piece of *spoon* never sent me my Green Lantern 76 CGC 9.2 I purchased on April 26 for $1250. He only wrote me 2 messages. 1) his pp email 2) his confirmation of payment. (after I had asked him). He also said in the same message that he would let me know when it would ship.

So I see him sending you a message Sunday night telling you that he'll let you know when it will ship and on Thursday morning, having not heard anything about when it would ship you followed up with two PM's.

Here is what i "politely" said on Thursday

#5956132 - 04/30/15 09:55 AM Re: GL76

SpideyFein

Chatzilla

Hey, just wondering when you'll be shipping. I'm definitely excited for the book. Thanks.

Then another message:

#5956168 - 04/30/15 10:12 AM Re: GL76

SpideyFein

Chatzilla

Also, where in NY are you. I'm in Long Island.

I have no problem with these messages, I can understand a gentle reminder to someone to make sure you're not forgotten, I don't think 3/4 days is too soon either.

However when you read his last message to you he said he'd "let you know" so in my mind you asking him again with "just wondering when" is really just a reminder to reinforce what he already told you. I don't know if there's anything you've sent here that reads like it needs a response, it's an impatient nudge from a buyer - based on his previous instruction it's redundant and doesn't necessarily require a response, it seems like ignoring these PM's has been treated as an act of war.

Sure he could have responded to these as a courtesy, but I don't think not acknowledging a reminder PM is probation worthy.

Protip - if you want your PM's that relate to transactions taken seriously be a bit more formal & try and avoid the 8 minutes later "also..." PM. 2c .

Okay, so were questioning a stand up guy who's a regular on the boards on rather he's jumping the gun on someone he paid as soon as both parties agreed to a price? It's clear the seller doesn't want to sell or someone bought the book from him if he's removing himself from pm conversations and not responding even though he's reading the messages....if i were spideyfein I'd do the exact same thing. I think this is PL worthy as well. I mean when is it ok for a seller to back out on a deal that's already been made and especially when the other party already paid? Am I missing something here?