• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

[font:Book Antiqua]

Dan (SpideyFein) is the buyer every seller dream;

Super fast payment, great communication and Zero drama.

In my book his word is as strong as his reputation...

100 % Worthy..![/font]

:golfclap:

Edited by MagnusX

[font:Book Antiqua]

Dan (SpideyFein) is the buyer every seller dream;

Super fast payment, great communication and Zero drama.

In my book his word is as strong as his reputation...

100 % Worthy..![/font]

:golfclap:

Agreed! :golfclap:

Guys, I appreciate the comments, regarding the comment that I was blowing up the sales thread. You have to understand that I hadn't heard from the buyer in over a week, and he had the audacity to post in his wanted to buy thread. I made a purchase of $1250 and hadn't heard from him in over a week. I do believe multiple boardies pm'ed him. One even pm'ed me to tell me he pm'ed him about the price.

Either way, he HADN'T read my pm's, and then removed himself from the pm thread today. I ONLY asked for open communication. For him to post in his thread, blatantly not read my messages (and of course NOT send my book), Erase his second message, and then remove himself from the thread, he's AVOIDING our sale entirely. That is a NO NO in any selling arena, let alone on a public comic forum and a COMPLETED sale of $1250. Even if it was $50, it still would matter, but that's a lot of dough to be floating around. I for one don't like to pee on my money.

Rather than hear your version of what is a "NO NO" on any selling arena why don't you give us some insight rather than your version of events.

I made the comment about "blowing up the sales thread" which you saw, I also made a request, let's see screenshots of the PM's you sent this guy last Thurs, Friday and Saturday.

:popcorn:

If this becomes a PL process what you are asking is not unreasonable for the record, but having said that, it is absolutely never ever going to be acceptable to take someone's money and then break off contact.

I agree, I'd like to see the communication and a screenshot can't be faked and should show us "unread by" - to show everyone he's not PM'ing into a dead link.

I see things like the seller having the "audacity" to post in his own WTB while not responding to this buyer's PM's - so where's the PM's? What sort of tone is being conveyed by this buyer? If a guy is removing himself from a PM thread, maybe it has something to do with the discussion taking place in the sales thread or maybe it has something to do with what's being said via PM.

Thinking back SpideyFein was the nominator of solarcadet & because he was persona non grata no one ever bothered to press him (the nominator) for any facts or explanations as to why he backed out of that deal twice. He backed out before solarcadet took the retaliatory action of trying to get $30 in shipping fees out of a done deal - I'm not saying that this buyer might not have run into another bad seller situation, I'd like a sense of what some of the buyers around here are saying to a seller 4 days after they said "I'll let you know when it ships".

He's free to share what he wants to share, I'm just not going to automatically take the word of the first person posting here 8 days after a purchase where the seller hasn't said anything about backing out, they've just said nothing.

(shrug)

Again, I have nothing to hide man. You will feast your eyes on the messages when things are good on my end. Regarding the Solarcadet issue, you must not have read his messages and his responses to others. I didn't back out twice. I gave the first reason why I backed out, and there really wasn't a "second" backing out. The seller was plane nasty, and ADMITTED to being nasty to me and saying he didn't care about me or anybody else (something to that extent). Enough about that.

Question. When you do "see" our pm's, you don't think this guy had a set of iron cahonas to post in his WTB and not PM me back about a $1250 book. Btw, he read all of my pm's apparently all at once and deleted himself at 2:45 or so as I said. He hadn't done anything with my messages the whole week until today and then fact removed himself from the thread shows me he wants nothing to do with it. BTW, it was 9:13pm when I posted in his original thread. My last pm on Sunday was at 5:45pm. It was over 7 days. He had plenty of time to respond.

OK so other than asking for a back cover scan for a book in his WTB thread on Saturday, what other PM's did he ignore other than the reminder & where do you live one?

The timelines you present above are wrong - it sounds like his PM Sunday saying he'd let you know when it will ship & your first follow up Thursday morning covers the majority of the week.

So now what happened between Thursday morning (your PM's) and Saturday at 6:20 (his WTB post asking for back cover scan) - I think you said all PM's were unread when the WTB post was made. Can you confirm that timeline along with any other ignored PM's that preceded your threadcrapping on Sunday night.

I think the timeline was that he removed himself from the PM's Monday afternoon so that's well after you messed up his thread. I'm just trying to put together one single timeline of who did what first.

Also if anyone is counting the PM's, we've seen two Thursday PM's, there's also a Friday one, a Saturday one and a Sunday one at 5:45. I'm mostly responding to this to quote it and recap what's been shared so far.

Guys, I appreciate the comments, regarding the comment that I was blowing up the sales thread. You have to understand that I hadn't heard from the buyer in over a week, and he had the audacity to post in his wanted to buy thread. I made a purchase of $1250 and hadn't heard from him in over a week. I do believe multiple boardies pm'ed him. One even pm'ed me to tell me he pm'ed him about the price.

Either way, he HADN'T read my pm's, and then removed himself from the pm thread today. I ONLY asked for open communication. For him to post in his thread, blatantly not read my messages (and of course NOT send my book), Erase his second message, and then remove himself from the thread, he's AVOIDING our sale entirely. That is a NO NO in any selling arena, let alone on a public comic forum and a COMPLETED sale of $1250. Even if it was $50, it still would matter, but that's a lot of dough to be floating around. I for one don't like to pee on my money.

Rather than hear your version of what is a "NO NO" on any selling arena why don't you give us some insight rather than your version of events.

I made the comment about "blowing up the sales thread" which you saw, I also made a request, let's see screenshots of the PM's you sent this guy last Thurs, Friday and Saturday.

If this becomes a PL process what you are asking is not unreasonable for the record, but having said that, it is absolutely never ever going to be acceptable to take someone's money and then break off contact.

+1, it's more than a red flag, it's a moderately sized fire engine. I don't blame him for being upset.

[font:Book Antiqua]+ 1 I Hope you have your money back...[/font]

:wishluck:

I can't believe anyone is calling into question Spideyfein's credibility here.

Well, I can... but I can't.

-slym

I don't see it that way. Assuming the seller does not deliver the book or a refund its going to be theft, pure and simple. Its necessary to walk through this carefully.

There is a difference between being a thief and just being lazy and a jerk, the latter isn't much good for a seller's rep, but the former will be fatal. We do need to be sure which it is. That is also why the status of the 30 day clock matters too. 2c

Edited by crassus

Guys, Thank you so much for your support. (worship)

As I had said, I will clarify any and all information when things are settled. I'm not going to defend or go further into my transactions. I've said all I need to say for now. Trust me, more Will be said about this and the seller will have to answer for his decisions and actions.

OK so I'm going to timeline this a bit.

I'd like to nominate alfredP AKA "bszar" to the Probation List. This piece of *spoon* never sent me my Green Lantern 76 CGC 9.2 I purchased on April 26 for $1250. He only wrote me 2 messages. 1) his pp email 2) his confirmation of payment. (after I had asked him). He also said in the same message that he would let me know when it would ship.

So I see him sending you a message Sunday night telling you that he'll let you know when it will ship and on Thursday morning, having not heard anything about when it would ship you followed up with two PM's.

Here is what i "politely" said on Thursday

Unread By: none

#5956132 - 04/30/15 09:55 AM Re: GL76

SpideyFein

Chatzilla

Loc: Strong Island

Hey, just wondering when you'll be shipping. I'm definitely excited for the book. Thanks.

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote

Then another message:

#5956168 - 04/30/15 10:12 AM Re: GL76

SpideyFein

Chatzilla

Also, where in NY are you. I'm in Long Island.

I have no problem with these messages, I can understand a gentle reminder to someone to make sure you're not forgotten, I don't think 3/4 days is too soon either.

However when you read his last message to you he said he'd "let you know" so in my mind you asking him again with "just wondering when" is really just a reminder to reinforce what he already told you. I don't know if there's anything you've sent here that reads like it needs a response, it's an impatient nudge from a buyer - based on his previous instruction it's redundant and doesn't necessarily require a response, it seems like ignoring these PM's has been treated as an act of war.

Sure he could have responded to these as a courtesy, but I don't think not acknowledging a reminder PM is probation worthy.

Protip - if you want your PM's that relate to transactions taken seriously be a bit more formal & try and avoid the 8 minutes later "also..." PM. 2c .

If ignoring the PMs is all he did that would be just questionable business practice on a 4 figure deal.

This is not, however, all he did.

He removed himself from the PMs. The only way to do that is to delete the PM thread, to erase the evidence (on his end) of the PM discussion regarding the transaction.

I believe the "act of war" was the deletion of the PM chain.

Everyone just needs to chill, bro.

Man...just chill, bro.

l2yeo.jpg

I don't get it

It was a very high "bro" ratio in that one post. More than is normally allowed.

That's all I took from it.

Anyone who's dealt with Spidey-Fein knows that he's one of the good guys. Asking for proof isn't unwarranted, but the skeptical, not to mention condescending, tone of those requests isn't merited, not towards him. Some unscrupulous sellers and buyers invite a bit of derisiveness, but that's certainly not the case with this boardie.

I'd like to nominate alfredP AKA "bszar" to the Probation List. This piece of *spoon* never sent me my Green Lantern 76 CGC 9.2 I purchased on April 26 for $1250. He only wrote me 2 messages. 1) his pp email 2) his confirmation of payment. (after I had asked him). He also said in the same message that he would let me know when it would ship.

So I see him sending you a message Sunday night telling you that he'll let you know when it will ship and on Thursday morning, having not heard anything about when it would ship you followed up with two PM's.

SpideyFein

Chatzilla

Hey, just wondering when you'll be shipping. I'm definitely excited for the book. Thanks.

Then another message:

SpideyFein

Chatzilla

I have no problem with these messages, I can understand a gentle reminder to someone to make sure you're not forgotten, I don't think 3/4 days is too soon either.

However when you read his last message to you he said he'd "let you know" so in my mind you asking him again with "just wondering when" is really just a reminder to reinforce what he already told you. I don't know if there's anything you've sent here that reads like it needs a response, it's an impatient nudge from a buyer - based on his previous instruction it's redundant and doesn't necessarily require a response, it seems like ignoring these PM's has been treated as an act of war.

Sure he could have responded to these as a courtesy, but I don't think not acknowledging a reminder PM is probation worthy.

Protip - if you want your PM's that relate to transactions taken seriously be a bit more formal & try and avoid the 8 minutes later "also..." PM. 2c .

If ignoring the PMs is all he did that would be just questionable business practice on a 4 figure deal.

He removed himself from the PMs. The only way to do that is to delete the PM thread, to erase the evidence (on his end) of the PM discussion regarding the transaction.

There was quite a bit of chatter in the guy's sales thread prior to him removing himself from the PM thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8582706#Post8582706

I'm not sure how much people are "allowed" to publicly speculate that you're a scumbag before you can remove yourself from a PM when a deal is pending, I don't think I'd ever do it but I can see how someone might do it out of annoyance if someone is sending repetitive reminders after I've already told them I'd update them when information was available.

I don't see any indication the guy put SpideyFein on ignore, I'd look at that as being worse.

I don't know this seller at all & I have read some backstory in some Bats sales threads and it doesn't look great. - he could be bad news... :eek:

I just don't see why there is so much drama and urgency coming from the buyer. I can't say I've seen a smoking gun or malicious act on the part of the seller that would lead me to support a PL nomination if SpideyFein seeks & obtains a refund.

So what if he responded to a WTB before he read/responded to multiple PM's (shrug) If someone tells me they'll let me know something when they have an answer for me I don't usually pester them daily. I don't think doing other business here is automatically a malicious act, certainly not in this context.

(shrug)

:

I just don't see why there is so much drama and urgency coming from the buyer. I can't say I've seen a smoking gun or malicious act on the part of the seller that would lead me to support a PL nomination if SpideyFein seeks & obtains a refund.

So what if he responded to a WTB before he read/responded to multiple PM's (shrug) If someone tells me they'll let me know something when they have an answer for me I don't usually pester them daily. I don't think doing other business here is automatically a malicious act, certainly not in this context.

(shrug)

Maybe our rules are the problem. Someone sends me $1200, I'm going to mail the book out asap unless there is another deal pending and then I'm going to communicate with the person all the time.

Why would someone even think of holding a book once it's paid for unless they have clearly spelled out something before...such as they are working and need to wait for the weekend?

I can understand a buyer wanting to wait to pay and that time period taking a drop longer (although I don't do that myself) but shipping once the item is paid for needs to be immediate, UNLESS there is specific agreed to and constant communication.

As we've seen in the past, COMMUNICATION is key.

This person is not communicating with Spidey...Are the seller's feeling hurt because Spidey asked about the book? OK, maybe...but don't sell something if you are so sensitive you can't communicate. The seller is not a teen dealing with a parent, he's dealing with someone who sent him money promptly.

At least I hope he's not a teen.

Once again, I think 30 days are too long before putting someone who acts badly on the probation list. I'd cut shipping (and receipt of the item) with no agreement for it to take longer, to 15 days unless you are shipping out of the Country.

SpideyFein

Chatzilla

Then another message:

SpideyFein

Chatzilla

There was quite a bit of chatter in the guy's sales thread prior to him removing himself from the PM thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8582706#Post8582706

I'm not sure how much people are "allowed" to publicly speculate that you're a scumbag before you can remove yourself from a PM when a deal is pending, I don't think I'd ever do it but I can see how someone might do it out of annoyance if someone is sending repetitive reminders after I've already told them I'd update them when information was available.

I don't see any indication the guy put SpideyFein on ignore, I'd look at that as being worse.

I don't know this seller at all & I have read some backstory in some Bats sales threads and it doesn't look great. - he could be bad news... :eek:

(shrug)

I'm going to go with NEVER, as to when a seller can delete all PM's regarding a pending transaction, including payment and shipping information, when he's accepted full payment and the buyer has yet to receive the item nor any confirmation/further information as to shipping.

They don't have anything to do with one another. "Chatter" doesn't mean a seller can attempt to delete all traces of PM conversations regarding a transaction within which he is in the midst.

Looking at what transpired in that thread. The listing, quick sale, seller attentive posting in the thread and in PM's, then the commentary begins about him selling it too cheap, about waiting in the wings to take it, about it being a steal, then the seller goes silent, then the seller deletes PM's, then the seller (the same one that was quick to answer questions before) decides to stop answering all questions and shred the trail on his end....can you see how someone with $1250 he immediately paid may get a sick feeling in his stomach that it's all gone wrong?

I agree with you that In terms of PL nominations. If SpideyFein seeks and gets a refund it would diminish the need for putting this seller on this list UNLESS information comes to light that the book was sold to someone else for above the asking price SpideyFein agreed to pay and did indeed pay.

SpideyFein

Chatzilla

Then another message:

SpideyFein

Chatzilla

(shrug)

I'm going to go with NEVER, as to when a seller can delete all PM's regarding a pending transaction, including payment and shipping information, when he's accepted full payment and the buyer has yet to receive the item nor any confirmation/further information as to shipping.

They don't have anything to do with one another. "Chatter" doesn't mean a seller can attempt to delete all traces of PM conversations regarding a transaction within which he is in the midst.

Looking at what transpired in that thread. The listing, quick sale, seller attentive posting in the thread and in PM's, then the commentary begins about him selling it too cheap, about waiting in the wings to take it, about it being a steal, then the seller goes silent, then the seller deletes PM's, then the seller (the same one that was quick to answer questions before) decides to stop answering all questions and shred the trail on his end....can you see how someone with $1250 he immediately paid may get a sick feeling in his stomach that it's all gone wrong?

I agree with you that In terms of PL nominations. If SpideyFein seeks and gets a refund it would diminish the need for putting this seller on this list UNLESS information comes to light that the book was sold to someone else for above the asking price SpideyFein agreed to pay and did indeed pay.

I would say let/help Spideyfein get either the book or the money back FIRST then we can debate the rest of this junk later.

"I agree with you that In terms of PL nominations. If SpideyFein seeks and gets a refund it would diminish the need for putting this seller on this list UNLESS information comes to light that the book was sold to someone else for above the asking price SpideyFein agreed to pay and did indeed pay."

Suppose someone lists a book for $500. A buyer instantly jumps on it. The seller thinks, "Jeez, that was fast, let me check GPA. ... Ohmygawd, 90-day GPA is $1,500! I'm just gonna refund the buyer's money and list this book on eBay."

PL worthy? Honest question.