• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Board rules also state that a buy request must be responded to promptly.... but a specific time frame is not spelled out. I always assumed this meant both ways.... buyer or seller. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

There is no way to force partial refunds, and many people see them as a money grab. He was willing to do a full refund if all books were returned but that isn't an option because you sent one of the books in to be graded. I think it's a wash at this point 2c

There is no way to force partial refunds, and many people see them as a money grab. He was willing to do a full refund if all books were returned but that isn't an option because you sent one of the books in to be graded. I think it's a wash at this point 2c

Assuming all of the books were purchased at their designated prices from the sales thread and not as a group discounted purchase than I could see returning some of the books. If there was a negotiated discount for the purchase of the group of books then the seller is reasonable in requesting that all of the books be returned for a refund.

Also, I find it odd that the buyer had enough time to inspect the one high grade book and send it in for grading but didn't at the same time inspect the other books. What's the timeline on the receipt of the books, review of the books, mailing the one book to CGC and then asking for the refund.

I ran into a similar situation as a buyer on an ebay purchase. I liked 2 of the 3 books I won but did not like the third. I asked the seller if I could please keep the 2 books and return the 1. He told me that he would gladly accept the 3 books for a full refund including return postage, which I thought was very fair.

The reason he did not accept a partial return was because:

A) I had the books for longer than 2 weeks

B) He had bad experiences with buyers returning back copies that weren't the same that he sent them. (He lucked out because he kept the original scans of the books he sold, so Paypal actually sided with him and banned the buyer for committing mail fraud.

Ash

Assuming all of the books were purchased at their designated prices from the sales thread and not as a group discounted purchase than I could see returning some of the books. If there was a negotiated discount for the purchase of the group of books then the seller is reasonable in requesting that all of the books be returned for a refund.

Also, I find it odd that the buyer had enough time to inspect the one high grade book and send it in for grading but didn't at the same time inspect the other books. What's the timeline on the receipt of the books, review of the books, mailing the one book to CGC and then asking for the refund.

I'd like to nominate alfredP AKA "bszar" to the Probation List. This piece of never sent me my Green Lantern 76 CGC 9.2 I purchased on April 26 for $1250. He only wrote me 2 messages. 1) his pp email 2) his confirmation of payment. (after I had asked him). He also said in the same message that he would let me know when it would ship.

Since then, he

1)Changed his name

2) Never wrote me one message

3) Never sent my book

4) Removed himself from our private pm's today at 2:45pm

5) erased his 2nd message he wrote me (the one confirming the payment and saying he'll let me know when he ships it. He erased this message two days later if I'm correct

AND THE TOPPING on the Cake

7) Asked for a back cover scan of the Worlds Finest Comic he's looking for

I kindly wrote him messages on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I again got no response. Yes he erased his second message. Yes he changed his name. Did I want to Still give him the benefit of the doubt- Yes.

So alfredP, I hereby nominate you to the probation list and may you test in piece in the hall of shame forever. I have other infornation that I will post if necessary about your email and name if necessary. I want to say not-so-nice things right now, but I will refrain (For now)

I'd like to nominate alfredP AKA "bszar" to the Probation List. This piece of never sent me my Green Lantern 76 CGC 9.2 I purchased on April 26 for $1250. He only wrote me 2 messages. 1) his pp email 2) his confirmation of payment. (after I had asked him). He also said in the same message that he would let me know when it would ship.

Since then, he

1)Changed his name

3) Never sent my book

5) erased his 2nd message he wrote me (the one confirming the payment and saying he'll let me know when he ships it. He erased this message two days later if I'm correct

I kindly wrote him messages on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I again got no response. Yes he erased his second message. Yes he changed his name. Did I want to Still give him the benefit of the doubt- Yes.

So alfredP, I hereby nominate you to the probation list and may you test in piece in the hall of shame forever. I have other infornation that I will post if necessary about your email and name if necessary. I want to say not-so-nice things right now, but I will refrain (For now)

If he sold it to another boardie, who saw you take it in that thread and undermined your purchase, they BOTH go on the PL!!!!

giphy.gif

Actually, I didn't have time to inspect any of the three books quickly. He sent them to me on or about 3-7. From 3-10 until about 3-30, I wasn't able to do anything with the books because I was slammed with work. I got to them on the 31st and sent one of them and a few others on the 31st. I sent him a PM later that week, and it still sits unread. I waited and waited, then contacted him via e-mail after getting the address from PayPal. When I finally opened a case through PayPal, he responded. PayPal also said I could send them back for a refund, but only if I sent all three.

So, between that and the fact that several boardies also agree that they might also ask for all three books back. I won't pursue it any further. It looks like he's been chased off the boards for other things anyway.

Since then, he

1)Changed his name

3) Never sent my book

If he sold it to another boardie, who saw you take it in that thread and undermined your purchase, they BOTH go on the PL!!!!

giphy.gif

are you sure they both go on the PL? While its total d-move, I'm not sure the other buyer would go on the PL. He makes an offer to buy a comic at a price. He has no say in whether or not the seller decides to break his other contract or not, its really not of his concern. He doesn't owe the original buyer anything, he has no contract with him, he didn't break the terms of ANY contract. While I wouldn't want to do business with that person, I'm not sure the PL is right for that person, as he has no duty to make anyone whole. That entire duty would fall on the seller. Therefore I'm not sure the PL would be appropriate, though it probably would for the seller.

HOWEVER, you could probably talk me into the HOS for the other buyer....

Since then, he

1)Changed his name

3) Never sent my book

giphy.gif

:popcorn:

Since then, he

1)Changed his name

3) Never sent my book

giphy.gif

Did this happen? :popcorn:

Since then, he

1)Changed his name

3) Never sent my book

giphy.gif

are you sure they both go on the PL? While its total d-move, I'm not sure the other buyer would go on the PL. He makes an offer to buy a comic at a price. He has no say in whether or not the seller decides to break his other contract or not, its really not of his concern. He doesn't owe the original buyer anything, he has no contract with him, he didn't break the terms of ANY contract. While I wouldn't want to do business with that person, I'm not sure the PL is right for that person, as he has no duty to make anyone whole. That entire duty would fall on the seller. Therefore I'm not sure the PL would be appropriate, though it probably would for the seller.

HOWEVER, you could probably talk me into the HOS for the other buyer....

If a book is sold on the forum and someone intentionally undermines that sale they are actually in violation of several types of civil law. If it's actionable in a court of law I would think it would be something actionable in the Wild West that is our PL.

Tortious Interference With Contract immediately springs to mind.

Since then, he

1)Changed his name

3) Never sent my book

giphy.gif

Did this happen? :popcorn:

Waiting to find out.

The guy went from Gung Ho seller glad to make a sale to going totally underground and deleting PM's.

The folks posting in the thread about how cheap it was and how they're waiting to buy it if the deal dell through didn't help either.

It reeks of either Cold Feet or a Knob sticking his nose into a closed deal.

If it's the latter there's still time to do the right thing and complete the transaction. If it's the latter, there's room on the spit for two pigs to roast.

I think we should see screen caps of the PM's are being sent 4, 5 & 6 days after a sale.

I think we also need to consider that the seller removed himself from the PM's today and yesterday SpideyFein was blowing up the guy's sales thread....one full week after being told last Sunday "I'll let you know when it ships"

We could be looking at a scammer or a resold situation or we could be looking at a hyperactive buyer.

(shrug)

It reeks of either Cold Feet or a Knob sticking his nose into a closed deal.

My $ is on the Cold Feet. In any case, buyer has seller's real name so even a new "identity" won't carry him very far.

I think we should see screen caps of the PM's are being sent 4, 5 & 6 days after a sale.

I think we also need to consider that the seller removed himself from the PM's today and yesterday SpideyFein was blowing up the guy's sales thread....one full week after being told last Sunday "I'll let you know when it ships"

We could be looking at a scammer or a resold situation or we could be looking at a hyperactive buyer.

(shrug)

If I understand you, you are asking whether the narrative of events means the 30 day rule is voided in this case, the presumption being that the seller is refusing to complete the transaction, is that correct?

(shrug)

While I have no doubt that the seller has popped smoke and has no intention of completing the sale, I believe, per the letter of the law, he still has until the 30 days are up before he can be nominated to the PL.

Regardless, if I were the buyer, I would open a paypal dispute to get my money back sooner rather than later.

(shrug)

While I have no doubt that the seller has popped smoke and has no intention of completing the sale, I believe, per the letter of the law, he still has until the 30 days are up before he can be nominated to the PL.

This was my thought too, exactly.