• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I don't think he's going to get it.

He PMed me last night for advice and my thoughts since I asked him and the nominator to remove their comments from the Probation List thread. I tried explaining that he unilaterally cancelled a deal in which he agreed to the conditions without any notice. I advised that he should work out something privately with the buyer and avoid this because he won't end up looking good in the end.

He responded with "Thanks for your time" and

"Gem_Mint has removed themself from this topic."

:D

What's wrong with that?

I closed the PM because the convo was over.

You let me know that I was in the wrong and i said...damn.

We couldn't work it out. I understand why he wouldn't want to at this point. I wouldn't either.

I apologize to him.... I'm sorry. When I first told him what happened I apologized profusely.

But you came in here guns ablazing digging a deeper hole for yourself. doh!

Your apology and admitting that you made a mistake seems like it was forced out of you and seems questionable that it is genuine. (shrug)

I think the Facebook comment is pretty bad. And the comments you made here regarding "this place is strict" as an explanation of how you handle your business differently here since it is monitored rather than in other venues doesn't really paint the picture that you're a solid seller I want to start sending my money to. 2c

He PMed me last night for advice and my thoughts since I asked him and the nominator to remove their comments from the Probation List thread. I tried explaining that he unilaterally cancelled a deal in which he agreed to the conditions without any notice. I advised that he should work out something privately with the buyer and avoid this because he won't end up looking good in the end.

What's wrong with that?

I closed the PM because the convo was over.

You let me know that I was in the wrong and i said...damn.

We couldn't work it out. I understand why he wouldn't want to at this point. I wouldn't either.

I apologize to him.... I'm sorry. When I first told him what happened I apologized profusely.

But you came in here guns ablazing digging a deeper hole for yourself. doh!

Your apology and admitting that you made a mistake seems like it was forced out of you and seems questionable that it is genuine. (shrug)

I think the Facebook comment is pretty bad. And the comments you made here regarding "this place is strict" as an explanation of how you handle your business differently here since it is monitored rather than in other venues doesn't really paint the picture that you're a solid seller I want to start sending my money to. 2c

I'm sorry you feel that way Harv, there would be many that would disagree.

Also, I understand that it's Friday and it's fun to ride the wave and all but....

But I've said my piece. I'm no longer going to add fuel to the fire.

I'm sorry that I backed out of our deal.

I'm sorry you feel that way Harv, there would be many that would disagree.

You'd be wrong about that. I don't think many agree with you. This is not a popularity context and I still think you don't get it. This comment proves it:

You F'd up. You need to want it fix this. It's all on you. If he lets you off the hook, you're just lucky. It does not mean you've been justified.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind if the neg stayed.

When I claim a book, I'm ready to pay right then and there.

I guess I just expect the same when I'm selling.

If you want to buy a book from me. Claim, pay, and ship... 1, 2, 3.

I guess I can be a lil impatient.

To avoid this in the future, include in the terms that the buyer must pay within X hours/days.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind if the neg stayed.

When I claim a book, I'm ready to pay right then and there.

I guess I just expect the same when I'm selling.

If you want to buy a book from me. Claim, pay, and ship... 1, 2, 3.

I guess I can be a lil impatient.

To avoid this in the future, include in the terms that the buyer must pay within X hours/days.

Or avoid saying yes to payment at a later date if they won't honor it.

I don't get the drama around someone deleting a PM. The software makes it sound like a personal affront by saying "removed themselves from this topic."

I remember when I decided to start cleaning upt my PM inbox and got back some PMs from people asking if I was mad with them because I had "removed myself". They are just words from a probably socially inept programmer.

I don't get the drama around someone deleting a PM. The software makes it sound like a personal affront by saying "removed themselves from this topic."

I remember when I decided to start cleaning upt my PM inbox and got back some PMs from people asking if I was mad with them because I had "removed myself". They are just words from a probably socially inept programmer.

..... same thing here.....it could be worded better. I thought I had been put on ignore or something. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... same thing here.....it could be worded better. I thought I had been put on ignore or something. GOD BLESS....

They should have used something like "PovertyRow has, in the interest of data storage conservation, reluctantly deleted this PM but wishes to express his deep appreciation for the attention you have shown him."

Believe me Pov, after the Stormsurge fundraiser and with the amount of invoices, seeing a new PM was :ohnoez:

I just meant he wrote me asking for my opinion / advice. I told him that I think he was in the wrong and he should work out some resolution with the buyer privately as he will not end up looking good here publicly.

And then he came here and.... well, yeah. :D

I generally leave a brief message before removing myself from old (and no longer useful) PM discussions, precisely because I did not like the phrase. (thumbs u

Also, I try to keep a single discussion thread with friends and acquaintances… hey, I managed to keep one with 1Cool = I win! lol