• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

:applause: this is great news!

Nothing against comicalgems he really is a nice guy, and I have dealt with him in the past. That being said I just think mystery boxes are a terrible concept, and most likely someone will be upset about their content. This new rule in play is long overdue, and I think these boards will be a better place because of it.

-Rich

Some you "win" and some you "lose".

This is the essence of why mystery box sales are untenable. In order for the seller to make the concept workable he'll have to create enough winner boxes to appease the buyers but will have to balance that value with loser boxes. It is those who get screwed in the deal that are going to come into this thread and complain, and the administrators of this site should spare themselves the headache by disallowing them completely. A successful sales thread is when the seller and all buyers are satisfied, not just those that "won".

That is not true, at all. Most dealers have lots of surplus inventory they can spin I to these boxes. Does Bulo send out winning boxes and losing boxes? Does Wizard? There is no reason why every box can't be a winning box. I've got 10,000 bronze age Marvels that I'm into for a quarter. Just bought 1000 tpbs or under a buck each. A box with $150 worth of bronze books and $150 worth of trades cost me under $20.

No reason why somebody has to lose.

My last box had a VF Defenders 10, Turtles 3 and 4(first prints), a 9.6 Secret Wars 3, a signed and authenticated Stan Lee book and much more.

I handpicked each box to ensure the buyer got value.

I wasn't aware buyers were having issues with other sellers. I understand it better now.

From talking to fellow bord members not all have received there MB or Myster envelops or there free MB. I feel a lot people who participated are not being vocal because they are afraid if they do get anything it will be sub par. I never personally bought a MB before but decided to take a chance because of all the positive remarks. I understand that not everyone can be winners but people should get at least value in the amount of the box they paid and get everything promised to them.

I'm sorry but I had to stand up because I felt people were to afraid to do so and hoped this would make people come forward. I'm happy I did and I agree MB need to be banned.

meh

I'm pretty sure that you can't nominate someone for the Probation List on behalf of someone else who hasn't received their free item.

Obviously I've hurt you in some very deep and meaningful way and for that I do apologize, but I do not feel that I've warranted such animosity from you.

In regards to the "free items", I don't think it is as much a problem of not getting something for free, but that a promise was made that wasn't fulfilled. If all we have are our reputations then we can damage that reputation by making promises to others that we don't fulfill. It may not be PL worthy, but you can lose a lot of respect and customers.

This is the essence of why mystery box sales are untenable. In order for the seller to make the concept workable he'll have to create enough winner boxes to appease the buyers but will have to balance that value with loser boxes. It is those who get screwed in the deal that are going to come into this thread and complain, and the administrators of this site should spare themselves the headache by disallowing them completely. A successful sales thread is when the seller and all buyers are satisfied, not just those that "won".

That is not true, at all. Most dealers have lots of surplus inventory they can spin I to these boxes. Does Bulo send out winning boxes and losing boxes? Does Wizard? There is no reason why every box can't be a winning box. I've got 10,000 bronze age Marvels that I'm into for a quarter. Just bought 1000 tpbs or under a buck each. A box with $150 worth of bronze books and $150 worth of trades cost me under $20.

My last box had a VF Defenders 10, Turtles 3 and 4(first prints), a 9.6 Secret Wars 3, a signed and authenticated Stan Lee book and much more.

I wasn't aware buyers were having issues with other sellers. I understand it better now.

Sounds like those other sellers have ruined a good thing for you. I think with the volume that you have you could still find a way to put out boxes that will make people happy, even if there is no "mystery" involved.

Some you "win" and some you "lose". I'm sorry you didn't get the golden ticket. Maybe Mr. Wonka will refund your money? :sorry:
Wow

i agree. i don't understand your defense. we've got multiple boardies saying they've received nothing or are less than thrilled with their purchase. i'm waiting for Jason's side of the story but this doesn't smell good.

I have some paid boxes to ship. I have all the freebies left to ship.

Would it matter if I submitted to you all and said here's the laundry list of BS I've been dealing with this year? Personally I'm so tired of it that I don't even want to go into it because it all sounds like BS excuses. Which only serves to anger me at myself. So what if I changed jobs recent? Or that my wife was in a car wreck and that I'm still dealing with that fallout? Or that I had my computer crash on me? Lost a lot of information while it was down which really slowed me down on the thread? Or that I work 11-12 hours a day usually skipping lunch and that my cell phone apparently is an outdated POS when it comes to reading the boards? Or that some drunk chick backed into my car on June 27th and then I had to deal with getting my car repaired AGAIN? Or that the very same car just got a cracked windshield yesterday and so I got to deal with my wife crying uncontrollably all because we just keep getting more and more BS piled on?

If you read through it, you can do a simple Algebra equation. X=BS Life Drama = excuses. So that's how I feel about it, I don't want anyone thinking I'm living it up in Costa Rica while you're waiting for your items to arrive.

I mean really that's probably going to be about the biggest obstruction to my shipping right now. Or how about now that I'm spending 90 minutes defending myself on these boards instead of getting these boxes to the night drop because someone wants to PL nominate me over A. a refund and B. a free item.

I'm not belittling this place or the rules and I adhere to whatever, but put the pitchforks away. I'm not a bad guy I'm just having a hard time right now in general and I don't get off on bragging or boasting about myself or asking people to throw me a pity party.

BTW I still love you all.

Sorry, life does get in the way and sometimes it seems bad things come in gangs.

But it is absolutely your fault for failing to ship these boxes in a timely manner. The buyers didn't pick your 11 hr per day job without breaks or pick out your cell phone or cause any of the problems you're experiencing.

And let's be fair here. If you had to have those boxes our last Friday no matter what you'd stay up all night and get it done. You bit off a lot, had some issues with life and let people down.

Finally, I find it a comical gem that you suggest that the boxes are delayed because you're busy defending yourself here for 90 minutes. That's just plain nasty.

+1

people work hard for there money and expect prompt shipping and not with I'll get to it when I get to it attitude. If you were having all these problems there should of been better communication or the offer of a refund to everyone. I'm guessing you spent more time football on the field than in class learning communication skills. Having to work with multiple buyers to straighten things out whether about items not shipped or about contents received is testimate that what you have done is not acceptable. The only reason I believe more people have not come forward is they are scared how that will affect there MB content when hopefull received. You can paint me with any brush you want but I'm standing up for all those that I have heard complain and won't post. I will let follow community agree or disagree with me.

I think this is another thing that people miss that is very crucial, communication. Having to chase down a seller a week or so after payment inquiring where books are gets a bit annoying and seller could lose potential future buyers.

Wow, I should be talking to you about some comics and tpbs.

I wonder if FREE mystery boxes would still be allowed (like I did last year, only cost the "buyer" the shipping cost)...

I think That would be fine since the buyer is just paying for shipping. He's not paying for the contents, he's just paying the post office to ship them.

I wonder if FREE mystery boxes would still be allowed (like I did last year, only cost the "buyer" the shipping cost)...

I think That would be fine since the buyer is just paying for shipping. He's not paying for the contents, he's just paying the post office to ship them.

then what's to stop someone from offering $50, $100, $200 shipping fees ?

hm

I'm kidding. I'm not going to try to be cute with this at all. He said they're out then they're out.

I think the question you're actually asking is what's to stop someone from charging $50, $100, or $200 handling fees. Shipping cost is a finite number. I think the clear disingenuous nature of a $100 "shipping" fee would be readily apparent and therefore stopped.