• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

How does a 14 year old have enough money to buy a BB 28 in 5.5?

I barely had enough money for women and booze when I was 14.

Maybe he never did have the money and just used the comic book store as an excuse for not paying

If only we had some corroboration...... hm

zrlmj.jpg

How does a 14 year old have enough money to buy a BB 28 in 5.5?

I barely had enough money for women and booze when I was 14.

Maybe he never did have the money and just used the comic book store as an excuse for not paying

Even though he lied about his age, he seemed like a decent kid, overall. I just checked the terms of use twice. The legal posting age is 16. Maybe he will return in a few years.

Everyone has been posting for years that it is 18. Some sellers better verify before sending out certain items (which I hope they do anyway) :eek:

I believe it used to be 15. When it changed to 16, a few people grandfathered in. Liam and Capfreak I believe. Someone can ask Arch in his moderation policy thread.

From the STATEMENT OF BOARD RULES

"In order to use this web site, you must register on our site, agree to provide truthful information when requested, and be at least the age of sixteen (16) or older. When registering, you explicitly agree to our Terms of Use and as may be modified by us from time to time and available here."

Yet when you register for the boards it asks if you are 18.

Weird.

I believe it used to be 15. When it changed to 16, a few people grandfathered in. Liam and Capfreak I believe. Someone can ask Arch in his moderation policy thread.

"In order to use this web site, you must register on our site, agree to provide truthful information when requested, and be at least the age of sixteen (16) or older. When registering, you explicitly agree to our Terms of Use and as may be modified by us from time to time and available here."

Weird.

The "are you 18?" is a trick question...if they lie and say "YES" then they've violated the "agree to provide truthful information when requested" section.

Sort of a test of moral fortitude for the One Direction Fan Club crowd.

Weird.

Or the more serious answer.

I don't know their motivation for this, but if I were their lawyer and they told me they wanted the min. age to post on the boards or be a member was 16, I would advise them that, in most states, the minimum age at which to enter into a legally binding contract (E.G. The sales threads on this site) is 18 years of age.

So, although they allow people who are 16 to post here, I would make sure that it was a requirement that their profile include (clearly visible to all) a declaration to the positive or negative that they were in fact at least 18 years of age.

As a kid I can remember everything seemed to take 6-8 weeks. Then came "order by phone" and it seemed to shave it down to 3-4 weeks.

Now it's "It's been 3 days! WHERE'S MY BOOKS?!?"

j/k

I had someone hammer my "shipping time" DSR...which really mattered then...because they paid on Monday, Jan 20th, 2014 (a federal holiday), I shipped the book on Wednesday, Jan 22 (one business day), and they received it on Saturday, Jan 25, complaining that it "took too long."

True story.

1959ed09

As a kid I can remember everything seemed to take 6-8 weeks. Then came "order by phone" and it seemed to shave it down to 3-4 weeks.

j/k

I had someone hammer my "shipping time" DSR...which really mattered then...because they paid on Monday, Jan 20th, 2014 (a federal holiday), I shipped the book on Wednesday, Jan 22 (one business day), and they received it on Saturday, Jan 25, complaining that it "took too long."

True story.

1959ed09

RMA purchase one of these:

ed41_limited_edition_portal_gun_replica.jpg

It will really cut down on your snail-like shipping times. 5 days to get his book, poor kid :(

j/k

True story.

1959ed09

RMA purchase one of these:

ed41_limited_edition_portal_gun_replica.jpg

It will really cut down on your snail-like shipping times. 5 days to get his book, poor kid :(

You would think, knowing there was a holiday AND a Saturday that week, I would have shipped the book before I even listed it. Stupid RMA! When will I ever learn?

Eventually, we'll be able to teleport on the quantum particle level. and THEN what is the USPS going to do, huh??

:D

So you make a deal on the street with someone and you want to nominate here? I don't understand this. No sales thread, no PMs, no deal made here on these boards, but yet you want satisfaction of a nomination. Do deals off the boards qualify? I'm just asking out loud. The guy is a loser if that's how it went down. You should bid and win it and neg him and return it with an Xforce 1 in its place.

DennisRodmanofSS fixed any problems we had. He has done everything he could to make things and I really appreciate it. It was a simple communication/misunderstanding issue

Edited by lemonman5

Skipping the probation list and going straight to the HoS? (shrug)

*edit*

Not suggesting it, simply clarifying what the OP is going for.

Edited by Peter Palmer

I hope that wasn't his intention. That wouldn't really make the guy one of the worst of the worst.

People often use the terms PL and HOS interchangeably and I would imagine he wanted to have him added to the PL.

So you make a deal on the street with someone and you want to nominate here? I don't understand this. No sales thread, no PMs, no deal made here on these boards, but yet you want satisfaction of a nomination. Do deals off the boards qualify? I'm just asking out loud. The guy is a loser if that's how it went down. You should bid and win it and neg him and return it with an Xforce 1 in its place.

The only requirement is that both parties are boardies.

1) The 30-Day Rule

d) A Transaction between board members is not confined to the CGC Message Boards. Any transaction between forum members, regardless of the venue, is eligible for inclusion in the PL.

so if he's a boardie and it's been past 30 days he can nominate him for the PL (once he does all of the standard PM notification and such) since the other guy hasn't completed his end of the transaction.