• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Thank you, shot them a pm. This is kind of unfortunate that it's come to this. I don't mind waiting for a book, I've sent books off to CGC before so I know it takes a little time but the zero communication kind of irks me. Just drop a message every so often to let me know you didn't just steal my money lol

Some of the worst sellers are the ones that don't contact you with information, after you pay, and you have to repeatedly send them messages asking if they have shipped, for tracking number, and when they shipped. It just isn't worth anybody's time if they have to keep chasing down the sellers for information on their purchases.

Has he been nominated for hos? I know probation list. But didn't see a hos nomination

If I remember correctly that was discouraged to put the emphasis on salvage operations...

I will leave the form, I hope to return someday when I'm more mature. and I thank you for being opened minded

Try spend the next few years in strip clubs. That'll wisen you up. (thumbs u

:roflmao:

and get you pocket picked by the pro's.

and beer. Almost everything in life can be solved with beer.

and three stage nitrous

Start him out on a 1.7 liter first at least lol

Edited by MetalPSI

From my personal experience, Akoni doesn't care what happens to him. He's done. Leaving CGC or anything related to CGC once the dust settles.

Forgive me, I'm a little late to this discussion but is there any word on those of us still in limbo with him? Is tysalazar57 our best option?

From my personal experience, Akoni doesn't care what happens to him. He's done. Leaving CGC or anything related to CGC once the dust settles.

Forgive me, I'm a little late to this discussion but is there any word on those of us still in limbo with him? Is tysalazar57 our best option?

Consider it a write-off and move on. Yes, it appears he is your only option and is doing well with it but nobody can fix everything.

Ty has recovered a LOT of books and is redirecting them to the owners. Yes, he is your best bet right now. Still too early to just write it off.

So CGC has legally parted ways with Akoni..

If someone could give a brief summary I am curious what has happened with this. I have read the specific complaints here in the PL but I'm not familiar with the general picture. Has he walked away from clients and obligations? Are there extenuating circumstances?

I don't either, I think the debate over time limits got tangled up with the debate about the new rule for returns, and the broader point of PL limitations was left without resolution.

I understand that the nomination is finally based on the non-delivery of the promised freebie, but the narrative raises several other concerns.

The "original" grades, which the seller is said to have bumped up, have no basis for preference as far as I can see. The OP did feel one book was overgraded as a 6.0 and I understand feels vindicated subsequently by the book tracing back to a 5.0, but the Strange Adventures the OP put as a 7.0 "close" to the seller's 7.5. That the Strange Adventures was subsequently found to be a 6.5 could just as easily mean that it had been undergraded originally.

Once a book is in a seller's possession, they are responsible in good faith for assigning a grade according to their best judgment. That grade may be higher than before or lower than before. Only if the book was 3rd party graded and that specific grade was knowingly misrepresented can there be said to be deception. 2c

On one level one does not have to give a rationale to be unhappy with books and ask for a refund, grades can always be argued over, but I am curious why the OP thinks it was illegitimate of the seller to offer a full refund and why the OP feels the seller was obliged to give a rebate. Why not return the books and take the full refund?