• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Also to mention, his solution was if I have a problem to take it up with USPS and claim off them. Knowing full well my contract is with him not with the postal service, only he can file a claim

Have you notified him via separate PM that you are nominating him for the PL? I am assuming the 30 day rule is waived here given the seller's insistence that they are not responsible.

Also to mention, his solution was if I have a problem to take it up with USPS and claim off them. Knowing full well my contract is with him not with the postal service, only he can file a claim

This could boil down to a my word versus his word situation and I don't know how we could assess blame. Your complaint sounds very reasonable and believable. I'm convinced that those are accurate images of the books you received and they aren't as advertised.

Is there any chance they could have been damaged in shipping?

Have you notified him via separate PM that you are nominating him for the PL? I am assuming the 30 day rule is waived here given the seller's insistence that they are not responsible.

I might be missing something, but isn't the the 30 days more for instances of books not being sent or payment not being made? Doesn't seem to me to really apply in this case, unless you are saying that Comicshrine is supposed to wait until 30 days has passed without him receiving the refund he has requested.

This could boil down to a my word versus his word situation and I don't know how we could assess blame. Your complaint sounds very reasonable and believable. I'm convinced that those are accurate images of the books you received and they aren't as advertised.

The mailer looks fine. Could something have crushed it, maybe, no indication though. I offered him that explaination as opt out.

If I bought this from Amazon, metropolis, bob storm what would they do? Offer a refund, keep the customer happy. Standard return policy, I didn't think it needed spelling out before the deal was done, lesson learned. If it was a "switch", really for $17 copies. I was not even going to bring to probation thread because I didn't want to cast any shadow on my name/rep. But in our PM he was antagonistic and that is why I brought here.

The mailer looks fine. Could something have crushed it, maybe, no indication though. I offered him that explaination as opt out.

If I bought this from Amazon, metropolis, bob storm what would they do? Offer a refund, keep the customer happy. Standard return policy, I didn't think it needed spelling out before the deal was done, lesson learned. If it was a "switch", really for $17 copies. I was not even going to bring to probation thread because I didn't want to cast any shadow on my name/rep. But in our PM he was antagonistic and that is why I brought here.

Were the books loose in the box? If so they could have sustained damage from shaking or sudden stops etc without any damage to the mailer.

Give it a little time and see if he comes in here soon and addresses your nomination.

No. Nothing discussed like that. I made the point that I was looking only for highgrade copies. I know no one can guarantee a 9.8 but those are big defects. The crux is he is adamant that I switched them. No sense in that. I think he thinks his 5000 posts and roe will crush me on here. But it's a B&W situation. If I have to bring in references I can.

I can be a reference for you and I can vouch that there is no way ComicShrine would do that.

I've done several deals with Theo and all have been great. Nothing but professional and I've dealt with some higher dollar items.

This seems like Comicshrine should be able to get his nomination unless the seller refunds him the money.

I don't believe at all that Theo would swap books out. :sumo:

1) the books where not loose, each comic was placed between two boards, individually bagged. I personally don't think they where damaged in transit. I also don't think Mr highgrade was out to con me, I just believe he missed it, didn't inspect them closely. Bcos they are white covers they don't show the creases when bagged, maybe poor lighting aswell.

2) I would like to see him put his side forward aswell so I will refrain for commenting until then, unless I think it's right to.

3) to those who have publicly backed my character, and to those who privately pm'd me :foryou:

Does it even matter if they were damaged during shipping? They still didn't get to you in the advertised condition.

This.

It is always the sellers responsibility to ensure that the comics get to the seller in the condition they were advertised as. If the items were damaged during the postage process then it's down to the seller to refund and claim back from the postal service.

I might be missing something, but isn't the the 30 days more for instances of books not being sent or payment not being made? Doesn't seem to me to really apply in this case, unless you are saying that Comicshrine is supposed to wait until 30 days has passed without him receiving the refund he has requested.

I would agree with you that the 30 day rule may not apply here, as the seller in his replies to the buyer seems to insist that he (the seller) is not responsible and will not in principle issue a refund.

I would agree with you that the 30 day rule may not apply here, as the seller in his replies to the buyer seems to insist that he (the seller) is not responsible and will not in principle issue a refund.

Also, he's blatantly accusing the buyer of being dishonest. I have no idea why he would change his tune all of a sudden and issue a refund.

Also, he's blatantly accusing the buyer of being dishonest. I have no idea why he would change his tune all of a sudden and issue a refund.

I agree this is a serious and aggravating factor. To question someone's integrity in the middle of an already difficult dispute is a good way to ensure a bad result.

For what it's worth, I know Theo (Comicshrine), I've met Theo and I've done business with Theo. He has not once given me cause to question his honesty or integrity.

Theo has thought long and hard before posting his problems here and at one point was seriously considering just walking away to save the aggravation.

I will stake my life on Theo's honesty in this matter.

Does it even matter if they were damaged during shipping? They still didn't get to you in the advertised condition.

It might explain why the buyer and seller are so divided on the original condition of the books and help things going forward. Ultimately it's the seller's job to get the books to the buyer as advertised.

For what it's worth, I know Theo (Comicshrine), I've met Theo and I've done business with Theo. He has not once given me cause to question his honesty or integrity.

Theo has thought long and hard before posting his problems here and at one point was seriously considering just walking away to save the aggravation.

Pretty ringing endorsement here. :thumbsup:

Pretty ringing endorsement here. :thumbsup:

And mine was chopped liver? :baiting:

lol

I agree, Nick's endorsement is even better than mine and Gaz.

Theo is a stand up guy and I know he is honest.

Back in January I PM'd Theo and told him that I had 11 DD's blanks in NM/MT condition after I saw his post in the Comic Market-Want to buy forum.

This is exactly what he posted:

I'm after the Daredevil 1 blank cover variant (2011 Mark Waid), as many as you have. Thanks!!

Not that it matters, but, he never in his post or in his PM's mentions that he was looking for NM/MT only.

It didn't matter to me, because all of my DD blanks are in NM/MT condition. In fact, I've been hoarding blanks for the last 8 years. I've had between 15 to 30 of each blank. I can easily say that 95% of my blanks are NM/MT condition with the rest NM plus at best.

That being said, Theo offered me $100 plus shipping for the 11 blanks. I politely declined. He then ask me how much was I looking for the blanks. I told him that I had a pending offer for $200.00. He wished me luck with the sale and thanked me. Four days later he asked me if the deal was done. I told him that it was pretty much a done deal.

On March 5th I sent him a PM and asked him if he was still looking for DD blanks.

He replied "Maybe. How much and how many?"

I told him 11 for $200.00 shipped.

He replied that he had already picked up a few, but that he would take 5 for $15.00 each if they were in high grade. He also said that he would cover shipping to the UK.

I told him the best that I can do was $17.00 each plus he covered shipping to the UK.

He agreed and I shipped off the books in a hard cardboard Comic Book Flash Mailer box that can hold up to 10 books. I double boarded each book and placed them between 2 pieces of hard cardboard that is included inside the box.

A couple of days later he receives the books and claims that 3 of the 5 blanks were not top end copies and provides me the same photo that he posted here.

I told him that those were not the books that I shipped him and that I am very meticulous about my books and that I double check them to make sure that they were in NM/MT condition. I also told him him that I have sold many blanks to other board members here in the same condition and never received a single complaint.

I then told him that maybe he mixed my DD blanks with the others that he had already bought.

He replied that he would never swap them and that maybe they were damaged during transit. I asked him if the box was damaged.

He told me that there was no damage to the box and that he would either return the books for a full refund including shipping charges, or a partial refund and keep the books or I had to replaced the 3 books that were not up to par.

I told him that I shipped him NM/MT books and that since the box wasn't damaged, I couldn't understand how the books ended up with stress marks.

Either way, I told him that he should file a claim with the USPS since I insured the books for $85.00.