• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Roy, so now your an expert on mental health? WTH are you talking about anyway?

He keeps bringing that up to try and explain Chip's situation. What it comes off as is defending it.

I find the bolded part above incredibly insulting. Please do not lump everyone together like that. Just because you're capable of something does not mean everyone else is.

:facepalm:

You know, I read a post from the bottom up and if I think it's Casey I play a little game and bet myself that it is. So far I'm batting pretty strong. lol

It's not about what a person is capable of. It is about how people react in desperation.

But thanks for the post and missing the point of mine!

Which is? Being desperate changes the rules for a person?

No, the point was that there were a few forum members who accused Chip of buying the Star Wars figures for himself right after Brock posted the entrapment news, but the FB quote by Chip, made 2 minutes after emailing Brock makes it pretty clear that he regularly looks for collectibles to flip.

And even though it basically proves that people's posts and perceptions on that point were incorrect you didn't hear anyone recant.

That was the point.

He keeps bringing that up to try and explain Chip's situation. What it comes off as is defending it.

I know that but there is nothing to defend this kind of behavior. Chip is obviously not suffering from too much when all of a sudden books start flying out into the mail after his azz gets called out. Not the behavior of one who is not thinking straight.

I know. It's not only boring, it's becoming belligerent now. He can't accept that people will not take his opinion as gospel, so he's determined to ram it down our throats. It's becoming farcical.

I'm not ramming anything down anyone's throat. Please don't say something that isn't true.

If that's the way you feel you can just stop responding and ignore me.

This is the internet, and this is a discussion on the internet. I'm handling myself with the proper rules of engagement. I'm being civil, polite and sticking to what I know or feel to be true.

You're as free to share your opinions as I am or just ignore me.

To be fair Roy did stay in a holiday express at one point in his life. lol

Actually, last night. lol

How did you know that? hm

Not going to show the homeless guy sleeping on the subway seats this morning. I was going to but that serves no purpose. Instead I blew the pic up to illustrate what he had in the kangaroo pouch of his sweatshirt. All of the contents spilled out on the floor.

Let's see... there is a garden hose nozzle, lighters, bolts and screws, sharp thing-a-ma-bobs. These are not the contents of a person that is I trust is mentally stable.

Now... I must say that I feel bad for people like this. I really do.

However, I am not going to be foolish enough to stand next to someone like this and talk to them or go near them as the downtown express pulls into the station.

Chip may have obstacles... however, once again, I will say it. He has worn out his welcome here. I would never send him money ever again.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-05%20at%206.52.33%20PM.png

I find the bolded part above incredibly insulting. Please do not lump everyone together like that. Just because you're capable of something does not mean everyone else is.

You know, I read a post from the bottom up and if I think it's Casey I play a little game and bet myself that it is. So far I'm batting pretty strong. lol

It's not about what a person is capable of. It is about how people react in desperation.

No, the point was that there were a few forum members who accused Chip of buying the Star Wars figures for himself right after Brock posted the entrapment news, but the FB quote by Chip, made 2 minutes after emailing Brock makes it pretty clear that he regularly looks for collectibles to flip.

And even though it basically proves that people's posts and perceptions on that point were incorrect you didn't hear anyone recant.

That was the point.

I went back and read the few pages after the " big reveal". I think you might be reading into things. A few people said "buying vintage star wars collections" and that was it. Pretty sure everyone figured/assumed it was to flip and not for a personal collection. I know I assumed it was for a flip.

Buying them with money that belongs to other people until he fulfills his outstanding obligations. Which is okay how exactly?

can we just DROP the mental health thing?

Actually, I won't drop it.

It's my opinion that while people currently have or have had family or friends with mental health issues, they may not be abreast of how broad a scope mental health can cover under the latest views on mental health by the medical industry.

And it's my opinion that those who do not interact directly with mental health either through work or related people (average Joe Public), may have even less of an idea of how broad a scope mental health can cover.

And based on what I've read on this forum over the last few days, it seems that some people truly have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to mental health issues because if they did they wouldn't post the nasty things they did.

The spectrum can cover mild traits that nobody ever notices publicly, do debilitating issues that require constant supervision and care.

From what I have gathered, this is an epidemic that is just started to be understood by the medical profession after years of stigma and ignoring all but the most extreme cases.

If you have no experience in it and / or don't believe me, don't take my word for it just go ask your doctor the next time you're in or do some reading.

You keep bringing it up.You are the one that wont let it be forgotten that YOU believe Chip is suffering from it.He is not here talking about it,you are.The other times it has been touched on it is in response to your posts.

Do I have no experience with it?It runs in my family.My father is a suicide statistic.Many of my family members and friends and myself have been institutionalized because of it.

I've been diagnosed as having mental issues since I was a teen..my grandmother lost her children briefly due to her problems,my maternal grandmother..it's on both sides.

Not certain if you are aware,but I suffered from some very serious health issues due to drug and alcohol abuse in the last year.I almost didn't survive..on January 20th it will be one year to the day I was given twelve hours to live as my organs had shut down ..I went through hell..and dialysis..and am awaiting a liver transplant...oh,and I DID die..twice..once for over five minutes before I was revived...another time almost as long...and then theres the time they killed me briefly by giving me the wrong meds...forget about that one sometimes.I forget a lot actually...because of the brain damage from the trauma,and the dementia I still occasionally suffer due to the ammonia build up.Oh..and the two,weeks of propynal (sp?) treatments I had to keep me sedated as the horror of what I went through ran so deep,nothing else calmed me.

Did I mention that I saw many counselors throughout this,and have been diagnosed with shellshock or PTSD as well as deep depression and possible development of schizophrenia later on in life ,if I live that long,and I am unable to be treated by meds due to the fact they would be to hard on my system?Yeah,i'll read up on it Roy.And still keep on being positive and honest the best as I can while I do.

I'm not saying i'm worse off than anyone else..but to talk about anothers mental heath issues while they are not present to answer or defend themselves is something I find crass and offensive in the least.

I feel it would have left the topic ages ago if you didn't feel the need to bring up his and your families issues repeatedly.

Pat yourself on the back Canuck...this is one of the few times i've ever been so publicly irritated here.Sorry for the rants and personal information folks.

I try hard to be positive and love you all everyday,but...

it was driving me crazy... :insane:

That was the point.

OK. To me looking for collections to flip while not fulfilling completed transaction and claiming he will be on the street soon if he doesn't get $XX.xxx soon = fraud. You can talk till your blue in the face about it, but I know when I don't have money to spend, I simply don't spend money, no matter how tempting a deal may be. Sure this is true for most people.

I know. It's not only boring, it's becoming belligerent now. He can't accept that people will not take his opinion as gospel, so he's determined to ram it down our throats. It's becoming farcical.

I'm not ramming anything down anyone's throat. Please don't say something that isn't true.

If that's the way you feel you can just stop responding and ignore me.

This is the internet, and this is a discussion on the internet. I'm handling myself with the proper rules of engagement. I'm being civil, polite and sticking to what I know or feel to be true.

You're as free to share your opinions as I am or just ignore me.

I would never ignore you, but on that note I'm out. There is such a thing as flogging a dead horse. :facepalm:

Rather than replying to an ever-growing chain of comments, I’ll keep this simple.

I will not speculate about Chip’s mental health.

I will not speculate about Chip’s family life.

I will not speculate about Chip’s thoughts and motives.

I know for a fact that I and others purchased items from him.

I know for a fact that he did not ship the items in a timely manner.

I know for a fact that he did not respond or even read my PMs.

I know for a fact that he did not respond to the growing list of questions in his sales thread.

Chip responded and took action only after the threat of this vote. This behavior is not acceptable for this forum. I voted Yes. I donated to his GoFundMe page (admittedly not a lot) and I do not regret doing so. I honestly wish him the best, but he should not be selling items here.

That was the point.

I went back and read the few pages after the " big reveal". I think you might be reading into things. A few people said "buying vintage star wars collections" and that was it. Pretty sure everyone figured/assumed it was to flip and not for a personal collection. I know I assumed it was for a flip.

I assumed it was for a flip, too. Even if he intended to buy them and donate them to sick children, it doesn't change the fact that he took money from people, couldn't be bothered to check his PM's or respond to them for months, but had the time to check out CL. That's poor form, and I don't understand why some people refuse to see it. Or even worse, see it and then try to explain it away.

can we just DROP the mental health thing?

Actually, I won't drop it.

It's my opinion that while people currently have or have had family or friends with mental health issues, they may not be abreast of how broad a scope mental health can cover under the latest views on mental health by the medical industry.

And it's my opinion that those who do not interact directly with mental health either through work or related people (average Joe Public), may have even less of an idea of how broad a scope mental health can cover.

And based on what I've read on this forum over the last few days, it seems that some people truly have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to mental health issues because if they did they wouldn't post the nasty things they did.

The spectrum can cover mild traits that nobody ever notices publicly, do debilitating issues that require constant supervision and care.

From what I have gathered, this is an epidemic that is just started to be understood by the medical profession after years of stigma and ignoring all but the most extreme cases.

If you have no experience in it and / or don't believe me, don't take my word for it just go ask your doctor the next time you're in or do some reading.

You keep bringing it up.You are the one that wont let it be forgotten that YOU believe Chip is suffering from it.He is not here talking about it,you are.The other times it has been touched on it is in response to your posts.

Do I have no experience with it?It runs in my family.My father is a suicide statistic.Many of my family members and friends and myself have been institutionalized because of it.

I've been diagnosed as having mental issues since I was a teen..my grandmother lost her children briefly due to her problems,my maternal grandmother..it's on both sides.

Not certain if you are aware,but I suffered from some very serious health issues due to drug and alcohol abuse in the last year.I almost didn't survive..on January 20th it will be one year to the day I was given twelve hours to live as my organs had shut down ..I went through hell..and dialysis..and am awaiting a liver transplant...oh,and I DID die..twice..once for over five minutes before I was revived...another time almost as long...and then theres the time they killed me briefly by giving me the wrong meds...forget about that one sometimes.I forget a lot actually...because of the brain damage from the trauma,and the dementia I still occasionally suffer due to the ammonia build up.Oh..and the two,weeks of propynal (sp?) treatments I had to keep me sedated as the horror of what I went through ran so deep,nothing else calmed me.

Did I mention that I saw many counselors throughout this,and have been diagnosed with shellshock or PTSD as well as deep depression and possible development of schizophrenia later on in life ,if I live that long,and I am unable to be treated by meds due to the fact they would be to hard on my system?Yeah,i'll read up on it Roy.And still keep on being positive and honest the best as I can while I do.

I'm not saying i'm worse off than anyone else..but to talk about anothers mental heath issues while they are not present to answer or defend themselves is something I find crass and offensive in the least.

I feel it would have left the topic ages ago if you didn't feel the need to bring up his and your families issues repeatedly.

Pat yourself on the back Canuck...this is one of the few times i've ever been so publicly irritated here.Sorry for the rants and personal information folks.

I try hard to be positive and love you all everyday,but...

it was driving me crazy... :insane:

My post about education wasn't directed at you specifically as I qualified it for those who don't know much about it and I know that you've been through a few things. :):foryou:

I have as well, but nothing personally traumatic like that.

I want to clarify that while I believe Chip is suffering from it in some way based on my dealings with him and what I know about him, I'm not trying to convince everyone that he is mentally ill. Only to keep their responses civil because they don't actually know for certain that he isn't. Something echoed by several board members.

I'm really sorry if it offended you and I wish you the best with your health.