• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

can we just DROP the mental health thing?

Agreed. That way lies madness.

It's been played to death thru' stubbornness and insistence on always having the last word, and to some misguided belief that seeing good in people no matter what is the way to go.

I have a question. Can someone reconcile this statement Chip made is his last getting evicted sale:

"I've found out I can accept PayPal but only personal"

I know it's against board policy to ask for personal so strike right there, but curious to know if something like that is true or not where someone can only receive personal and not funds for merchandise sold.

I just don't know enough about PayPal but would like to know.

that statement was odd to me. Is it possible the goods and services option was turned off for him due to failure to pay his Paypal loan?

Anyone else with a thought on this? (shrug)

I have a question. Can someone reconcile this statement Chip made is his last getting evicted sale:

I know it's against board policy to ask for personal so strike right there, but curious to know if something like that is true or not where someone can only receive personal and not funds for merchandise sold.

I believe if your account is in question or under investigation they will not allow funds to be deposited, but this isn't specific to an account type. If money is sent as "Friends and Family" not only does the recipient not have to pay the 3% transaction fee but I don't think PayPal offers Buyer Protection on those transactions. Meaning, someone isn't able to open a case against the recipient.

Edited by comicquant

I believe if your account is in question or under investigation they will not allow funds to be deposited, but this isn't specific to an account type. If money is sent as "Friends and Family" not only does the recipient not have to pay the 3% transaction fee but I don't think PayPal offers Buyer Protection on those transactions. Meaning, someone isn't able to open a case against the recipient.

Thanks. That's along the lines of what I was thinking too. If true that was, again, BS on his part and points to premeditation with intent to defraud.

When you get money for something and use it for something else, whether it's a bargain or not..whether you are flipping or not...you are using someone else's funds without their permission. That IS stealing.

That's what got Doug Schmell (Captain Tripps, Pedigree Comics) disbarred.

I'm going to say this:

We still haven't ruled out mental health. Period. And so while Chip is going into the HOS (and deservedly so) I disagree with the tact being used by some board members who love calling people names.

And Lawyers are held to higher standards that pop culture salesmen. If they weren't we wouldn't have so many unscrupulous dealers still in business with board members knowingly buying from them.

2agte2u.png

When you get money for something and use it for something else, whether it's a bargain or not..whether you are flipping or not...you are using someone else's funds without their permission. That IS stealing.

That's what got Doug Schmell (Captain Tripps, Pedigree Comics) disbarred.

I'm going to say this:

We still haven't ruled out mental health. Period. And so while Chip is going into the HOS (and deservedly so) I disagree with the tact being used by some board members who love calling people names.

And Lawyers are held to higher standards that pop culture salesmen. If they weren't we wouldn't have so many unscrupulous dealers still in business with board members knowingly buying from them.

I hold everyone to the same standard. You can be trusted, or you can't. You're honest or you're not. You're making good choices in you're life or you're not.

Yeah, it's not like he called scraped off color touch a bindery tear and then claimed it was all a "misunderstanding".

:shy:

There was no misunderstanding.

But let's not leave a discussion without making a personal attack with someone who disagrees with you when all else fails. Because, you know, that's what this is all about.

Yeah, it's not like he called scraped off color touch a bindery tear and then claimed it was all a "misunderstanding".

:shy:

There was no misunderstanding.

But let's not leave a discussion without making a personal attack with someone who disagrees with you when all else fails. Because, you know, that's what this is all about.

I read your post from the bottom up and made a bet with myself.

I won.

I find the bolded part above incredibly insulting. Please do not lump everyone together like that. Just because you're capable of something does not mean everyone else is.

:facepalm:

You know, I read a post from the bottom up and if I think it's Casey I play a little game and bet myself that it is. So far I'm batting pretty strong. lol

It's not about what a person is capable of. It is about how people react in desperation.

But thanks for the post and missing the point of mine!

Which is? Being desperate changes the rules for a person? Then again I don't get most things.

can we just DROP the mental health thing?

Actually, I won't drop it.

It's my opinion that while people currently have or have had family or friends with mental health issues, they may not be abreast of how broad a scope mental health can cover under the latest views on mental health by the medical industry.

And it's my opinion that those who do not interact directly with mental health either through work or related people (average Joe Public), may have even less of an idea of how broad a scope mental health can cover.

And based on what I've read on this forum over the last few days, it seems that some people truly have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to mental health issues because if they did they wouldn't post the nasty things they did.

The spectrum can cover mild traits that nobody ever notices publicly, do debilitating issues that require constant supervision and care.

From what I have gathered, this is an epidemic that is just started to be understood by the medical profession after years of stigma and ignoring all but the most extreme cases.

If you have no experience in it and / or don't believe me, don't take my word for it just go ask your doctor the next time you're in or do some reading.

Roy, so now your an expert on mental health? WTH are you talking about anyway?

I know. It's not only boring, it's becoming belligerent now. He can't accept that people will not take his opinion as gospel, so he's determined to ram it down our throats. It's becoming farcical.