• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Should Chip be on both lists or is that just an oversight?

Chip can be on both lists, assuming there are still outstanding PL issues. It is possible for him to complete those transactions and be removed from the PL. He would obviously remain on the HoS.

I don't think so. HOS supersedes PL list. I don't think I've ever seen the same name on both.

The difference in a sense is that the HoS is all about Chip, but the PL is about Chip and the members who have outstanding transactions with Chip, and they still have a right to maintain their PL nominations if they wish. Since Chip has completed some transactions in recent days, some might still hope to get their books, for example.

Chip can be on both lists, assuming there are still outstanding PL issues. It is possible for him to complete those transactions and be removed from the PL. He would obviously remain on the HoS.

+1. The two lists serve different functions. It is up to people with individual transaction grievances to push through the PL addition, which I would recommend doing, for the sake of thoroughness

I don't think so. HOS supersedes PL list. I don't think I've ever seen the same name on both.

The difference in a sense is that the HoS is all about Chip, but the PL is about Chip and the members who have outstanding transactions with Chip, and they still have a right to maintain their PL nominations if they wish. Since Chip has completed some transactions in recent days, some might still hope to get their books, for example.

I am sure he'll get around to it when he's done giving toy and collectible advice to potential estate sale buyers.

I am sure he'll get around to it when he's done giving toy and collectible advice to potential estate sale buyers.

I cringed when I saw his post. I'd think laying low for awhile after getting voted into the HOS would be prudent.

I cringed when I saw his post. I'd think laying low for awhile after getting voted into the HOS would be prudent.

He's obviously got the hide of a Rhino and a Rhino's grasp on morality & ethics. Having said that Rhinos are wondrous creatures so it's a bit unfair on them.

He's obviously got the hide of a Rhino and a Rhino's grasp on morality & ethics. Having said that Rhinos are wondrous creatures so it's a bit unfair on them.

...plus, Rhinos are black hole collectors.....they NEVER sell. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

His post didn't bother me, it was a helpful post. The point of the HOS is to warn boardies of bad buyers or sellers, not to silence them.

His post didn't bother me, it was a helpful post. The point of the HOS is to warn boardies of bad buyers or sellers, not to silence them.

I agree. I also cringed as I thought it was very ballsy but I welcome commentary from him, although HOS boardies should be forced to have that in their sig lines or something.

I don't know. (shrug) He is on the HOS and PL, he isn't in jail, banned or anything.

Edited by Bird

Agreed. HOS membership does not mean he can't still be a participating member of the boards. It just means people should be wary of transacting with him.

Agreed. HOS membership does not mean he can't still be a participating member of the boards. It just means people should be wary of transacting with him.

Can't we just put a scarlet "A" on his avatar or something?

+1

+1

Except part of his shtick is not having time or internet access to complete transactions.

The only thing about his posting that could potentially bother me is if he's still got boardie packages to send out and he's dispensing his sage collectibles wisdom instead of doing so.

He doesn't have to be silent, he has to prioritize.

Yeah I'm going to make a new thread about Glenn SR.

Sorry I guess lol

Do you intend to nominate him to the PL?

No but I have been contacted by several people who have been scammed and apparently DC is suing him.

Today I was sent screen caps of a conversation where Glynn admits to owing someone $800 USD for books that didn't get signed + books he couldn't pick up at a show.

He won't message that person back since Novemeber and DC has been trying to contact him since the middle of december.

I was incorrect for posting it here instead of doing a warning post about the situation.

if any of them are boardies, you should encourage them to post in this PL thread so that others may also be warned and 'protected' (to the extent it matters), and possibly compel him to complete the deals or refund money (to the extent that he cares about these boards). But it cant' hurt.

And/or they should notify CGC if he still has standing as a facilitator or rep with them.

Edited by Revat

Yeah I'm going to make a new thread about Glenn SR.

Sorry I guess lol

Do you intend to nominate him to the PL?

No but I have been contacted by several people who have been scammed and apparently DC is suing him.

Today I was sent screen caps of a conversation where Glynn admits to owing someone $800 USD for books that didn't get signed + books he couldn't pick up at a show.

He won't message that person back since Novemeber and DC has been trying to contact him since the middle of december.

I was incorrect for posting it here instead of doing a warning post about the situation.

If any of the impacted parties are boardies they should nominate 1 to do a write-up and get him put on the PL... Shaping up to be a record year of misfits.

The only thing about his posting that could potentially bother me is if he's still got boardie packages to send out and he's dispensing his sage collectibles wisdom instead of doing so.

He doesn't have to be silent, he has to prioritize.

I agree mostly.

I think that if you're on one of the lists, you should not participate in the community unless it's to clear up your outstanding obligations. If that means remaining silent until you get your act together so be it.