• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

If a person agrees to buy something using the :takit: on a forum...and a week later he backs out...what would be the proper way to deal with it. We've Pmed back and forth, and now thins are silent because he can't make up his mind..

:shrug:

He has 30 days to pay for the book otherwise put him on the list :sumo:

If a person agrees to buy something using the :takeit: on a forum...and a week later he backs out...what would be the proper way to deal with it. We've Pmed back and forth, and now thins are silent because he can't make up his mind..

I'd say it depends on the specifics. If the buyer belatedly discovered that he just can't afford the comic(s), I'd cut him some slack. There aren't any ebay fees you've been hit with or anything annoying like that, and it's always nice to be able to give someone a break.

If it's not about the money, but just not being sure that he wants it, that would bother me a lot more. Once you agree to buy something, you should have already made up your mind that you want it!

If a person agrees to buy something using the :takeit: on a forum...and a week later he backs out...what would be the proper way to deal with it. We've Pmed back and forth, and now thins are silent because he can't make up his mind..

I'd say it depends on the specifics. If the buyer belatedly discovered that he just can't afford the comic(s), I'd cut him some slack. There aren't any ebay fees you've been hit with or anything annoying like that, and it's always nice to be able to give someone a break.

If it's not about the money, but just not being sure that he wants it, that would bother me a lot more. Once you agree to buy something, you should have already made up your mind that you want it!

+1 well said

If a person agrees to buy something using the :takit: on a forum...and a week later he backs out...what would be the proper way to deal with it. We've Pmed back and forth, and now thins are silent because he can't make up his mind..

I agree. We are all supposed to be adults here - don't commit to buying something unless you can actually pay for it.

I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron.

:eek:

You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone.

I agree. We are all supposed to be adults here - don't commit to buying something unless you can actually pay for it.

I agree as well. If you throw up the :takeit:, then you as a buyer have made an unconditional contract to take that item. If you have any buyer's remorse later, suck it up Pal; You just bought yourself a book.

If he doesn't complete the agreement after 30 days, ask to have him added to the probation list.

I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron.

:eek:

You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone.

:gossip: Go tell Arch on him.

:gossip: We are quoting Walken movie quotes back and forth at each other....

Like this one:

"You would need three promotions to be an individual_without_enough_empathy."

If you're talking about Boozad, Gav was banned for a week yesterday

If you're talking about Boozad, Gav was banned for a week yesterday

Nope Gav actually paid me in full. Why was he banned???