• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I plotted the probation list additions by month to see if there really has been an increase, or whether the recurring discussions make it appear that way. From the chart it looks as if there's been a slight uptick. However, it should be noted that this chart does not include those who had been on the list but were removed after satisfying the agrieved party(s). I would guess that if that were factored in, there would not actually be an increasing trend, although the perception may still be present.

That's a great chart, Szelim, I think that several posters are correct, it's the perception because the last few problem people were in the Hall of Shame.

However, as someone else pointed out to me this morning, there is no longer a sales signature in ComicSupply's post. so whether he did that voluntarily, or one of the Mods worked magic, THAT made me feel better:) (worship)

:applause:

I plotted the probation list additions by month to see if there really has been an increase, or whether the recurring discussions make it appear that way. From the chart it looks as if there's been a slight uptick. However, it should be noted that this chart does not include those who had been on the list but were removed after satisfying the agrieved party(s). I would guess that if that were factored in, there would not actually be an increasing trend, although the perception may still be present.

Nice chart. :cloud9: Can we get a trendline up in there?

Just to keep the charts coming, I looked at how many people have been on the probation list since 10/07. Looks to be growing steadily. We started off 2 years ago with 10 on probation and now we have 33.

ProbList.jpg

It's the analyst in me speaking, but what would be interesting is the per capita number of probationers. I suspect the overall number of board members has grown at a similar rate and there is about the same proportion of problem children.

If the Seller's Hall of Shame is a permanent badge of dishonor, then I think one option is for it to be made a permanent part of the user's Custom Title.

I wonder if a custom title that would only appear in a post in the marketplace would be in order.

hm

If the Seller's Hall of Shame is a permanent badge of dishonor, then I think one option is for it to be made a permanent part of the user's Custom Title.

I wonder if a custom title that would only appear in a post in the marketplace would be in order.

hm

I wonder if it would even be possible. :P

How about this for an imposed avatar? hm

85294.jpg.45ee6f89c9d647ea8915e7586d21d292.jpg

I cannot see that happeing. It would require the Mods to specifically target an individual in a negative way. It could open CGC up to attempted lawsuits. (Not saying valid ones but attempted ones.) I see this suggestion from time to time from various people but you have to realize the line that CGC and the Mods need to draw.

I cannot see that happening. It would require the Mods to specifically target an individual in a negative way. It could open CGC up to attempted lawsuits. (Not saying valid ones but attempted ones.) I see this suggestion from time to time from various people but you have to realize the line that CGC and the Mods need to draw.

That's an interesting take on it. Another option then is voluntary placement in their own signature.

Would it be possible for the mods to stickie the Hall of Shame/Probation List at the top of each of the selling and WTB sections here on the boards? It seems that would be a nice quick reference for everyone without having to hunt in this thread for the latest list of buyers/sellers to avoid.

Would it be possible for the mods to stickie the Hall of Shame/Probation List at the top of each of the selling and WTB sections here on the boards? It seems that would be a nice quick reference for everyone without having to hunt in this thread for the latest list of buyers/sellers to avoid.

Good idea (thumbs u

Good idea (thumbs u

Yep, I concur (thumbs u

Good idea (thumbs u

Yep, I concur (thumbs u

I like the idea, as long as it just one updated post & not a running thread. (thumbs u

Good idea (thumbs u

Yep, I concur (thumbs u

I like the idea, as long as it just one updated post & not a running thread. (thumbs u

Yeah, that was the idea. Just one post that gets updated on a regular basis.

hm

One thing the moderators CAN do is ban select members from having access to a particular part of the forum...like the Market area. This is easily done and would prevent those individuals from being able to view or post to this area while still being able to access the rest of the forums.

Something else that could be done, although I'm not sure if it's possible, is to take away their private messaging privileges. This would prevent them from soliciting any business in private away from the selling forums.

If they're aren't going to ban these crooks...then this would be the next best thing.

If these individuals are so frigging desperate to "contribute" to the forums...then let them contribute to other areas without giving them the ability to con fellow members out of their money.

hm

One thing the moderators CAN do is ban select members from having access to a particular part of the forum...like the Market area. This is easily done and would prevent those individuals from being able to view or post to this area while still being able to access the rest of the forums.

Something else that could be done, although I'm not sure if it's possible, is to take away their private messaging privileges. This would prevent them from soliciting any business in private away from the selling forums.

If they're aren't going to ban these crooks...then this would be the next best thing.

If these individuals are so frigging desperate to "contribute" to the forums...then let them contribute to other areas without giving them the ability to con fellow members out of their money.

More good ideas. (thumbs u

hm

Is there any way we could just banish them to the Coin Forum; kind of use that as our own personal "Phantom Zone"? hm:devil:

hm

Is there any way we could just banish them to the Coin Forum; kind of use that as our own personal "Phantom Zone"? hm:devil:

:roflmao:

hm

^^

However, as someone else pointed out to me this morning, there is no longer a sales signature in ComicSupply's post. so whether he did that voluntarily, or one of the Mods worked magic, THAT made me feel better:) [/color] (worship)

I am glad I made you feel better. I did myself. I realize what it suggested so I removed it. I saw the light, so to speak.