• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

If the Seller's Hall of Shame is a permanent badge of dishonor, then I think one option is for it to be made a permanent part of the user's Custom Title.

I wonder if a custom title that would only appear in a post in the marketplace would be in order.

hm

I wonder if it would even be possible. :P

One thing the moderators CAN do is ban select members from having access to a particular part of the forum...like the Market area. This is easily done and would prevent those individuals from being able to view or post to this area while still being able to access the rest of the forums.

Something else that could be done, although I'm not sure if it's possible, is to take away their private messaging privileges. This would prevent them from soliciting any business in private away from the selling forums.

If they're aren't going to ban these crooks...then this would be the next best thing.

If these individuals are so frigging desperate to "contribute" to the forums...then let them contribute to other areas without giving them the ability to con fellow members out of their money.

:headbang:

More good ideas. (thumbs u

A running tally of who is owed what since when........

These two board members are still waiting to get their money back or their books shipped from Comic Supply:

collector_bill...(waiting since 3/08)............$166.00 (promised order ship week of 8/31-9/5, now new ship date 9/10).

Here4now......(waiting since 12/08)...........$430.00 (supposedly still waiting for pre-ordered books from 9 months ago. CS refusing to give refund)

Here4Now has stated in a PM to me that he is not wanting or waiting for any books, comics or supplies ( the books from his order have been replaced, meaning they are in-print) & just wants a refund of his $430.00 and change.

:news:

collector_bill received an email today (9/5) that his books would ship next Thursday (9/10); one week later than we were told he would have his books shipped (from his March, 2008 order.)

doh!

collector_bill received an email today (9/5) that his books would ship next Thursday (9/10); one week later than we were told he would have his books shipped (from his March, 2008 order.)

doh!

2008... doh!

doh!

2008... doh!

doh! doh!

HomerDoh-1.jpg

I wonder how many stars he would get in the eBay feedback score for quick shipping.

hm

If the Seller's Hall of Shame is a permanent badge of dishonor, then I think one option is for it to be made a permanent part of the user's Custom Title.

I wonder if a custom title that would only appear in a post in the marketplace would be in order.

hm

I wonder if it would even be possible. :P

One thing the moderators CAN do is ban select members from having access to a particular part of the forum...like the Market area. This is easily done and would prevent those individuals from being able to view or post to this area while still being able to access the rest of the forums.

Something else that could be done, although I'm not sure if it's possible, is to take away their private messaging privileges. This would prevent them from soliciting any business in private away from the selling forums.

If they're aren't going to ban these crooks...then this would be the next best thing.

If these individuals are so frigging desperate to "contribute" to the forums...then let them contribute to other areas without giving them the ability to con fellow members out of their money.

Is there any way we could just banish them to the Coin Forum; kind of use that as our own personal "Phantom Zone"? hm:devil:

Evil.

Pure evil.

just a note that probation member "WolfHulk" has changed his name. again.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3438330&gonew=1#UNREAD

New name is BucOne, should be added to the list in WolfHulk's place.

Check the latest list... Green already did it. (thumbs u

He is on there for like 3 names. He alone can make the list long. We should put his original name and put aka whatever after it. Because if you look at the list it looks like 3 different people.

+1

He is on there for like 3 names. He alone can make the list long. We should put his original name and put aka whatever after it. Because if you look at the list it looks like 3 different people.

+1

(thumbs u

A running tally of who is owed what since when........

These two board members are still waiting to get their money back or their books shipped from Comic Supply:

collector_bill...(waiting since 3/08)............$166.00 (promised order ship week of 8/31-9/5, now new ship date 9/10).

Here4now......(waiting since 12/08)...........$430.00 (supposedly still waiting for pre-ordered books from 9 months ago. CS refusing to give refund)

Here4Now has stated in a PM to me that he is not wanting or waiting for any books, comics or supplies ( the books from his order have been replaced, meaning they are in-print) & just wants a refund of his $430.00 and change.

doh!

I forget the year my order was placed. :boo:

:bump: 9/11/09 PROBATION LIST UPDATE :bump:

THE HALL OF SHAME

The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the

Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the

Marketplace Forum:

•  
  • Herald2Galactus
    (Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

• gilbertotorres
    (added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• ComicSupply
    (added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• CAP freak

(added 5/21/09 - 4th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• AlleyBat
    (added 5/23/08 - 5th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• TFL
    (added 6/2/09 - 6th "Hall of Shame" Member)

THE PROBATION LIST

The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete

a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time:

• aaron568 (added 11/6/08)

• brasseye (added 7/2/09)

• bronzejunkie (added 3/26/07)

• BucOne (added 3/24/09) aka Wolfhulk aka Roxx Gang

• clobberintime (added 11/7/07)

• comicmankev (added 3/27/07)

• DarkKnight2K4 (added 4/24/08)

• donavan74 (added 3/27/07)

• Ghastly (added by majority vote 12/3/07)

• Henchman (added 4/25/08)

• Jmarch51 (added 2/14/08)

• Lighthouse (added 6/13/07)

• Marc Wolfe (added 9/15/08)

• Markweb (added 3/24/09)

• matewan1990 (added 3/3/08)

• mjacobs8 (added 1/24/09)

• Nascar (added 6/2/07)

• NEXTLVL (added 10/12/08)

• rza808 (added 12/29/08)

• Sid (added 8/8/07)

• SIXX_VAN_ROSE (added 11/7/08)

• SpiderJay300 (added 9/15/07)

• Superman20 (added 12/18/07)

• Taz007 (added 7/15/09)

• THATONEGUY (added 1/11/08)

• TVanderZwaag (added 6/23/09)

ban-hamster.jpg[/img]

collector_bill received an email from ComicSupply today (9/5) that his books would ship next Thursday (9/10); one week later than we were told he would have his books shipped (from his March, 2008 order.)

doh!

So...did collector_bill get his books yet? :whistle: