• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Oh Lord.

Call me when 8 brings the level back up to at least 8th grade. This "I know you are, but what am I" stuff is trés tiresome...

I know you are, but what am I?

....infinity.... :blahblah:

I may have been a little heated but a lot of my venting is from 2 years of steaming about the deal.

Sharon and I had a deal go bad. It isn't suggestive that all of mine do or what not, that one just did.

To be honest yes, I did find her a bit picky and I was put off in that the information pertaining to the books was posted in the thread.

Then with the supplies I also was a bit put off with the questioning because the time constraints has been posted.

I let my steam build up a bit on that and I apologize to you Sharon.

I let my personal opinions get in the way of my posting and I should have kept a level head.

I didn't

I just shouldn't have said some of that and I apologize to you,

I am sorry Sharon.

I was a little torn about whether or not to respond to this, because I did say I would not respond to him again. Normally, I think apologies are wonderful... however, we've been down this road before. When he's called out on an issue,Russ uses name calling instead of facts and then realizes he's stepped over the line...He's not really sorry about saying something to me, he meant it, and that's OK, but he's sorry he kind of got caught.

So Russ, does it count if it's not real if you just say it so people can read and admire your words but you don't mean it?

I did read the statements Russ posted, although a few seem to be gone/altered, I had questions/comments about some of them.

1. “And Sky, seriously if you think you can damage books by taking them out of the box then learn how to take them out right.

I've bought collections with books in boxes without bags/boards for the last 40 years without a "removal" problem.

I would of thought you could have flipped the box over, or gee I don't know, moved a few packing peanuts and picked up the bottom cardboard piece?

You just thought it would be easier to rant about it, about a NON ISSUE! But, you found a way to bring it to the spotlight didn't you? “

I'm quite puzzled at this statement, since he told me he was in his mid 20's.

How can you have been reviewing collections for 40 years? Or do you share this ID with others? There was no packing, they were just placed in two piles in a box...my suggestion about a “baggie” had to do with at the very least, putting the books as a group, in a supermarket bag, so they would not get wet if they were left in the rain or damaged when they got tossed around in the box. Perhaps you packed other books in a box with cardboard, but not mine.

Then this statement:

2. “From the SECOND you started calling about either books or supplies I knew it was going to be trouble. “

Me too, I don't have a problem with a seller making a mistake, I'm not perfect and I understand errors,but when a seller gets angry at me, when I ask to return a few books that were not as I expected...I don't quite get that. No apology, no "sorry you were not happy", just an explanation of why YOU were right and I was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person...basically the same thing you have been saying here.

3.“ You bought a few old Tales of Suspenses, SILVER AGE, which were probably G/VG. For like $3 each. I pointed out the fact that I stated that those books didn't fall under the AVERAGE because they were older. I even pointed out where I said in the sales thread that older books would in fact be lower grade. “

To be accurate, these are the books I bought that were SA. I bought many more books, but these were the SA ones.

Tales of Suspense #98 $5.00

Tales of Suspense #99 $8.00

Tales to Astonish #66 $8.00

Tales to Astonish #96 $6.00

Now I know I am supposed to have trouble reading;) but I'm not sure how I was supposed to understand from this statement, that those specific books were in fair condition, this is the statement he posted on the thread.

“The books are all pretty sharp. We aren't talking VF/NM and up but there is an occasional VF/NM one in the bunch. The majority if not all bronze age are going to average at least FINE. They are priced at GOOD in the 2006 guide or thereabouts. Generally the newer the book the better the grades. Most of what I graded out of this collection started to tier up to VF around 1977.”

I don't see any OTHER statement about condition.

Again, MY mistake, since he said Bronze Age were going to be at least Fine, I suppose I should have known that SA would be about Fair?

Therefore, when I received those books that had been priced at Good Guide, and they were in fair condition...I really didn't think I was out of line asking to return books that were in Fair and therefore I paid double guide. What I didn't do, stupidly, was ask to return the entire lot, since as a whole, it was no where near as described...and I am CERTAIN that Divad's book with the fold was as pictured (although Russ accused him of folding it), since I got books in the same condition.

Russ,either I don't see it any longer, or you deleted another post, one of which was where you stated that you got my request to change the address on the supplies you were sending...you've said that before, I suppose you deleted the reply, because although you knew I needed them sent to another address, you sent them to my home while I was away, anyway, which I believe you did out of incompetence, not spite, at least I hope so..

So there you have it, my response to your apology. Thank you...but I still think you are in the wrong field of endeavor.

I may have been a little heated but a lot of my venting is from 2 years of steaming about the deal.

Sharon and I had a deal go bad. It isn't suggestive that all of mine do or what not, that one just did.

To be honest yes, I did find her a bit picky and I was put off in that the information pertaining to the books was posted in the thread.

Then with the supplies I also was a bit put off with the questioning because the time constraints has been posted.

I let my personal opinions get in the way of my posting and I should have kept a level head.

I didn't

I am sorry Sharon.

I was a little torn about whether or not to respond to this, because I did say I would not respond to him again. Normally, I think apologies are wonderful... however, we've been down this road before. When he's called out on an issue,Russ uses name calling instead of facts and then realizes he's stepped over the line...He's not really sorry about saying something to me, he meant it, and that's OK, but he's sorry he kind of got caught.

So Russ, does it count if it's not real if you just say it so people can read and admire your words but you don't mean it?

I did read the statements Russ posted, although a few seem to be gone/altered, I had questions/comments about some of them.

1. “And Sky, seriously if you think you can damage books by taking them out of the box then learn how to take them out right.

I've bought collections with books in boxes without bags/boards for the last 40 years without a "removal" problem.

I would of thought you could have flipped the box over, or gee I don't know, moved a few packing peanuts and picked up the bottom cardboard piece?

You just thought it would be easier to rant about it, about a NON ISSUE! But, you found a way to bring it to the spotlight didn't you? “

How can you have been reviewing collections for 40 years? Or do you share this ID with others? There was no packing, they were just placed in two piles in a box...my suggestion about a “baggie” had to do with at the very least, putting the books as a group, in a supermarket bag, so they would not get wet if they were left in the rain or damaged when they got tossed around in the box. Perhaps you packed other books in a box with cardboard, but not mine.

Then this statement:

2. “From the SECOND you started calling about either books or supplies I knew it was going to be trouble. “

Me too, I don't have a problem with a seller making a mistake, I'm not perfect and I understand errors,but when a seller gets angry at me, when I ask to return a few books that were not as I expected...I don't quite get that. No apology, no "sorry you were not happy", just an explanation of why YOU were right and I was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person...basically the same thing you have been saying here.

3.“ You bought a few old Tales of Suspenses, SILVER AGE, which were probably G/VG. For like $3 each. I pointed out the fact that I stated that those books didn't fall under the AVERAGE because they were older. I even pointed out where I said in the sales thread that older books would in fact be lower grade. “

To be accurate, these are the books I bought that were SA. I bought many more books, but these were the SA ones.

Now I know I am supposed to have trouble reading;) but I'm not sure how I was supposed to understand from this statement, that those specific books were in fair condition, this is the statement he posted on the thread.

“The books are all pretty sharp. We aren't talking VF/NM and up but there is an occasional VF/NM one in the bunch. The majority if not all bronze age are going to average at least FINE. They are priced at GOOD in the 2006 guide or thereabouts. Generally the newer the book the better the grades. Most of what I graded out of this collection started to tier up to VF around 1977.”

Again, MY mistake, since he said Bronze Age were going to be at least Fine, I suppose I should have known that SA would be about Fair?

Therefore, when I received those books that had been priced at Good Guide, and they were in fair condition...I really didn't think I was out of line asking to return books that were in Fair and therefore I paid double guide. What I didn't do, stupidly, was ask to return the entire lot, since as a whole, it was no where near as described...and I am CERTAIN that Divad's book with the fold was as pictured (although Russ accused him of folding it), since I got books in the same condition.

Russ,either I don't see it any longer, or you deleted another post, one of which was where you stated that you got my request to change the address on the supplies you were sending...you've said that before, I suppose you deleted the reply, because although you knew I needed them sent to another address, you sent them to my home while I was away, anyway, which I believe you did out of incompetence, not spite, at least I hope so..

So there you have it, my response to your apology. Thank you...but I still think you are in the wrong field of endeavor.

Excellent post Sharon! Thanks for taking all the time you obviously put into this. (thumbs u

As documented in this thread:

Comic Supply Customer: rtarturo

Type of order: Preorder

Order date: 3/2008

Amount of order: $38

Customer wants: A refund because books are no longer needed.

Comic Supply’s solution: “One the list for delivery this week or he can have a refund if he no longer needs the books”. (rtarturo is opting for the refund).

Comic Supply Customer: here4now

Order date: 12/2008

Amount of order: $430

Comic Supply’s solution:He isn't getting a refund. He is getting the books because he preordered them.”

Conclusion: Comic Supply’s lousy customer service gets even lousier as the dollar amount increases.

I'm still wondering why the customer who preordered $38 worth of books gets the option of a refund...while the guy who preordered $430 worth of books is told to stuff it and wait some more for his books.

As documented in this thread:

Comic Supply Customer: rtarturo

Order date: 3/2008

Amount of order: $38

Comic Supply’s solution: “One the list for delivery this week or he can have a refund if he no longer needs the books”. (rtarturo is opting for the refund).

Comic Supply Customer: here4now

Order date: 12/2008

Amount of order: $430

Comic Supply’s solution:He isn't getting a refund. He is getting the books because he preordered them.”

Conclusion: Comic Supply’s lousy customer service gets even lousier as the dollar amount increases.

I'm still wondering why the customer who preordered $38 worth of books gets the option of a refund...while the guy who preordered $430 worth of books is told to stuff it and wait some more for his books.

Like Russ/Clive has $430 to process his refund :roflmao:

No, they are customers, she was but currently is not and never will be. She is on my PROBATION LIST!!!!!

Put me on your list as well. I only bought several hundred dollars worth of supplies from you but after reading your posts, I will take my business elsewhere.

Sharon, you're my hero.

My, oh my. You DID tear down Comic Supply's meat house didn't you? With surgical skill and a "more in sorrow than in anger" attitude to boot. Well done!

C S, I'd depart these premises while you're still able.

Oh Lord.

Call me when 8 brings the level back up to at least 8th grade. This "I know you are, but what am I" stuff is trés tiresome...

I'm Rubber, but you're Glue

Whatever you say, bounces off me and sticks to you!

:banana:

Oh Lord.

I'm Rubber, but you're Glue

Whatever you say, bounces off me and sticks to you!

:banana:

Oh yeah? Why don't you make me?

Because I don't make monkey's, I only train them.

I didn't

I am sorry Sharon.

Then this statement:

Well I have to walk a fine line here, Russ is a friend and I am going to try to point things out on both sides without ticking anyone off. Sharron I have no ideal what happen between you and russ except what I have read, there seems to be some bad blood between you and Russ and I feel that Russ is wrong on one thing for sure. He should never of called you a B ch that was wrong, no man should never say that to a women. For that I am sorry. The one thing that I also have a problem with is people trolling russ, was he wrong in his past transactions? Yes Does he want to fix them? He told me he does. IMO trolling people in general is wrong, if you don't want him or her here ignore them.

I did not call her stupid, I commented on her reading skills, not her intelligence level.

I don't think I've ever looked at the Probation thread before, but I had to gawk at this ongoing disaster. Is ComicSupply really trying to drum up business and get out of the Hall of Shame by being insulting, uncooperative, condescending and --

well, better explained by example. In case anyone missed this discussion of the movement of the sun, earth and moon during eclipses a couple of weeks ago --

Well, I never was a stargazer... I guess logically I would assume it to move in opposite directions of the sun so while one is up, the other is down etc etc.

I know in some places that isn't true. Who knows.

dumb as a stump?

Jack

yes, stooping to ad hominem

Well, I never was a stargazer... I guess logically I would assume it to move in opposite directions of the sun so while one is up, the other is down etc etc.

dumb as a stump?

Jack

You're making that up right? He didn't really say that!

I didn't

I am sorry Sharon.

Then this statement:

Well I have to walk a fine line here, Russ is a friend and I am going to try to point things out on both sides without ticking anyone off. Sharron I have no ideal what happen between you and russ except what I have read, there seems to be some bad blood between you and Russ and I feel that Russ is wrong on one thing for sure. He should never of called you a B ch that was wrong, no man should never say that to a women. For that I am sorry. The one thing that I also have a problem with is people trolling russ, was he wrong in his past transactions? Yes Does he want to fix them? He told me he does. IMO trolling people in general is wrong, if you don't want him or her here ignore them.

I got an ideal, why don't you go chase a parked car. I'm reading your post, and you're right; no man should never say that to a woman. I'm thinking you are an escapee from the Island of Doctor Moreau. What were you in your previous life? A Boarder Collie or just a Mutt?!?

Can anyone mangle the English language any more frequently? doh!

The one thing that I also have a problem with is people trolling russ, was he wrong in his past transactions? Yes Does he want to fix them? He told me he does. IMO trolling people in general is wrong, if you don't want him or her here ignore them.

Russ/ComicSupply has had his chances in here.

Dozens of them.

He's not going to be allowed to roam freely in here any longer and continue to cheat people. PERIOD!

I would advise you to back away from it. By sticking up for him, you are in effect, condoning his crooked behavior. And speaking from a personal standpoint, that makes you almost as bad as him in my book. If you really are his friend, you'd sit him down, smack him upside the head and tell him how badly he's screwing up, and then tell him to stay out of the forum before he does any more damage to his business (if that's even possible at this point).

dumb as a stump?

Jack

You're making that up right? He didn't really say that!

There's no way I could make that up.

It was in this discussion.

#3363982 - 08/09/09 02:35 AM Re: Who can ban Comic Supply from selling on the Boards?

There's more there if you have the stomach for it.

Crazy moon talk

JPS

Yeah, Russ can! In almost the exact same ways and with the exact same frequency. I'd say they share the same ideals...

Uncanny isn't it ;)

Yeah, Russ can! In almost the exact same ways and with the exact same frequency. I'd say they share the same ideals...

Uncanny isn't it ;)

I find it rather Shilly myself (thumbs u