• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Just got PM'd about this situation.

Tsimanga, I haven't gotten any messages from you. And none have "been read".

If you are sending them using the original PM, I deleted it after the transaction was done. And you haven't sent me any other PM's and none have been read by me, because thay were never sent.

Is there a way for the Mods to check PM history?

BTW, you made the Paypal payment on the 5th

The book was shipped first class on Oct 8th

PM sent to Tsimanga with details

I can' find the tracking # for some reason, I may have forgotten to have it added at po since I ran out of slips at home. But here is a copy of the postal receipt, on the 8th, to the zipcode he Paypal'd with.

receipt.jpg

No comment on the obvious delay in receipt, but tell me this . . . you shipped a $90 book via First-Class? doh! 7.9 Ounces? What did you use a manilla envelope and two backing boards? And with what looks like no delivery confirmation! WTF is this place coming to? How cheap can you be? :mad:

First class isn't a problem D... so long as there is delivery confirmation and/or insurance.

Plus... I'm also thinking this should all be taking place over in the Probation Discussion thread versus the actual Probation thread?

First class isn't a problem D... so long as there is delivery confirmation and/or insurance.

I think he's bothered by the fact that a $90 book didn't warrant at least being sent in a box. Plus there's not delivery confirmation on the receipt. Delivery confirmation goes on every book I send out. NO EXCEPTIONS! I'd worry too much.

No comment on the obvious delay in receipt, but tell me this . . . you shipped a $90 book via First-Class? ... and with what looks like no delivery confirmation!

+1 :eek:

I hope this will end well between you guys, but a delay of two weeks doesn't bode well if there's no way to track the package.

I think he's bothered by the fact that a $90 book didn't warrant at least being sent in a box. Plus there's not delivery confirmation on the receipt. Delivery confirmation goes on every book I send out. NO EXCEPTIONS! I'd worry too much.

Same here, and if you print the label at home delivery confirmation is FREE! I don't know if there is ever a reason to send anything without it.

I can send up to three books boxed first class. I agree with Mac Man, first class is no problem. I'm not fond of the whole removing yourself from the PM habit that a lot of people are into.

I also have no problem with first class, but protecting a book adequately for transit all in for under 8 ounces seems like it'd be tough.

Same here, and if you print the label at home delivery confirmation is FREE! I don't know if there is ever a reason to send anything without it.

I didn't think it was free, just that it was automatically included, I thought they add like .19 cents automatically, or maybe that is just paypal.

I didn't think it was free, just that it was automatically included, I thought they add like .19 cents automatically, or maybe that is just paypal.

Maybe that was Free with priority mail. I haven't paid for DC in over a year since I figured that out, but I don't send comics 1st class ever. I am too paranoid to send anything other than readers in anything less than a box or two.

C

Every time I ship a slab, I save about $1 by printing at home versus going to the post office and as they said, delivery confirmation is included, not to mention that if you have the buyer's email address, they get the tracking number electronically...you can't lose it. That $1 per transaction really adds up over time, plus I don't have to wait in the line whenever I got to the post office. I just walk up to the counter, leave the boxes, and walk out (I don't use the drop box anymore after an unfortunate crushing accident).

This is why I ship FedEx, you get a tracking number, insurance and they supply the boxes for free. I just don't trust the USPS when it comes to shipping valuables. Unless it's foreign shipping...FedEx is WAY too expensive for that.

Maybe that was Free with priority mail. I haven't paid for DC in over a year since I figured that out, but I don't send comics 1st class ever. I am too paranoid to send anything other than readers in anything less than a box or two.

C

It's free for the Priority Mail and $0.19 for First Class or Media - it's also mandatory if you're printing a label through paypal.com.

I can send up to three books boxed first class. I agree with Mac Man, first class is no problem. I'm not fond of the whole removing yourself from the PM habit that a lot of people are into.

I also have no problem with first class, but protecting a book adequately for transit all in for under 8 ounces seems like it'd be tough.

Not really - I send out single comic books all the time inside a heavy-duty foamboard sandwich inside a bubble mailer with an end weight around 7-9 oz (depending on the weight of the book).

No comment on the obvious delay in receipt, but tell me this . . . you shipped a $90 book via First-Class? doh! 7.9 Ounces? What did you use a manilla envelope and two backing boards? And with what looks like no delivery confirmation! WTF is this place coming to? How cheap can you be? :mad:

I sent it in a cardboard box with a piece of cardboard on each side and peanuts on each side. And 7.9 oz is half a pound.

The no tracking is my fault. I ran out of tickets and forgot to add it at the po.

And after the transaction is complete, why keep the PM's? You know how many pages of PM's I would have?

And I STILL have not heard from the other party.

I got ripped off by forum member The Silver-Age

His names Trey. It was a Green lantern #7. I've wrote him 7 times and asked about the shipping status of the book. He always reads my messages but yet doesn't respond to any of them. Nothing. I haven't heard back from him at all since I paid. I paid him via paypal personal on OCT 6th... it's now oct 21st and I'm positive he has given me the shaft.

Zero communication from this guy. No book, no responses.. nothing... please put him on the probabtion list... and if ANYONE (That I know OR TRUST THAT IS), on here wants to read my messages write me and Ill give you the PW so you can see the shaft first hand...

Martin

Premature Epostulation... :devil:

I sent it in a cardboard box with a piece of cardboard on each side and peanuts on each side. And 7.9 oz is half a pound.

The no tracking is my fault. I ran out of tickets and forgot to add it at the po.

And after the transaction is complete, why keep the PM's? You know how many pages of PM's I would have?

And I STILL have not heard from the other party.

Lets see here. If the guy never got the book how would you call that a "complete" transaction :screwy:

I think this is a possible "I got the book and it doesn't have tracking on it, so he can't prove he shipped it. Lets see if I can get my money back AND keep the comic" scam!!!!

I have shown proof I shipped the book. Not a lot more I can do than that......