• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

November 4th? Not October 30th like previously stated? What a mess.

If I had it to do over again, I'd screw you over on the Batman 232.

:foryou:

It was a 244 :makepoint:

I never can remember those one time deals. I just know you were immensely satisfied. (thumbs u

I never can remember those one time deals. I just know you were immensely satisfied. (thumbs u

You never forgot the 101 deal.

How could I? That was the only time I've been the catcher instead of the pitcher.

232 - 244 - whatever it takes.

ZDwApUbBm9mvrxmoHvRKN7j9_400.jpg

:cloud9:

Ok guys... I've been having an issue and I'm going to vent it all to you in warning...

So I sold almost my entire collection back in July/August, because I needed quick liquid cash to pay for vet bills.

Well, I sold 3500 raw books and almost all of my slabs to one buyer, Vin . He didn't have much in the way of references on the boards, but provided me with other websites and his username and his ebay feedback.

We agreed on a total of $2100 paid in time payments of 300-400 per week and books would be shipped after half was received. We agree that I will ship when he's paid 50% (my first mistake) He went ahead and sent $1000 the first week and $300 the next so that I would go ahead and ship the books. He asked that I ship him the 26 boxes of raw and CGC comics to him through his fedex account to Canada. I was more than happy to oblige.

All of the raw comics make it and the CGC boxes get held up at customs. Once the buyer gets the CGC boxes, I get an e-mail saying that 10 of the 79 CGC slabs have been cracked. Wanting to be a good seller I tell him to take $10 for each cracked slab he listed (and understand this is more than he even paid for them, but I'm trying to do the right thing). He sends me a PM saying thanks.

Well, then that 300-400 per week quickly became $100 every other week, which was fine because I was still getting paid. But then those payments stopped to. I then got a PM from him on 9/23 that he was going through some personal issues and would be late with that payment. I told him that due to his personal issues, it would be ok for that payment to be late. At this time of that PM, he's only paid me $1500 of the $2000 (with the $100 discount I gave him).

So right now I'm still due $500 from him and to top it off I'm having to fight a $260 FedEx bill that I received from the shippment on his account.

What makes it worse is I've heard from other board members that he is making purchases through PMs after that time as well.

I think Vin should be added to the probation list until he gets everyone that he owes money to paid.

Has this been resolved? I can say I have a fairly large transaction with Vin (Over 2000) and he did pay on time. Not 100% without issues, but in the end, the terms of the agreement were met.

If you are willing to do time payments you are already giving the buyer a break. Never send them all the items until you have all the cash in hand. Someone with 0 posts on this board asked if they could do time payments on a piece of art. I said yes. After taking days to between each reply they wanted to know if they could pay $400 a month over a 10 month period. I don't mind time payments but that just smelled of a deal that would go south. A time payment that lasts almost a year should be a 10K or more piece. You could tell this person would be getting in over there head from the start.

232 - 244 - whatever it takes.

ZDwApUbBm9mvrxmoHvRKN7j9_400.jpg

Leave it to Chris to be the one that realized the punch line.

:applause:

To apeace all of my Canadian boardies. The book that belongs to Branget was shippied on October 30th, 2009 via USPS International Shipment. The book will take 10-15 days to arrive to it's destination, USPS rules. IT WAS NOT SHIPPED on the 19th... LAZYNESS IS THE ONLY EXCUSE POSSIBLE.

Branget was told that if he didn't or doesn't want the book when it arrives, he can mail it back to me and the REFUND WILL BE ISSUED.

This post is clearly posted on the Probation Discussion Board. Anything around that will be considered Trolling.

Thank you guys.

Just to clarify and possibly bring some closure. It is my understanding that the thread in Comics General was inappropriate and I was advised to let this go. I received tracking #CP268290743US for USPS.com. When I read this I interpret the ship date as Nov 4th. Unfortunately this coincides with bringing this issue to the boards.

Of course this does mean that a shipment is enroute so the issue is likely resolved.

As for including outside sales in the probation thread I see this as a slippery slope. I am new to the boards and new to any boards in general and was advised to mention my issue in this thread. My main motivation was seeing continued sales and felt obligated to give a heads up. It is easy to prove a sale and provide shipping info for Ebay sales and thought confident I had sufficient proof to raise the issue.

It would be a shame to see this community continually point the finger at each other for off the board transactions that can't be proved shining a bad light on both the accuser and the accused. Although I agree with expanding the current definition for the probation thread I would urge that the allowable transactions be clearly defined.

I'm unclear why my posts keep getting deleted and would like to avoid a strike and unless I get a package full of rocks consider the matter closed. FYI - International shipping is good - very good :applause:

Glad to hear that the book is on the way, but the fact that the book shipped on the 4th (after the issue was brought to the boards) means LBJARM was telling lies up until he shipped it. There was never a need to "stop the package" (since it never went out in the first place) and the book certainly didn't ship several days earlier like you were led to believe.

I'm glad this issue was brought to the boards, and I have another person to avoid dealing with on here and on ebay.

2c

How could I? That was the only time I've been the catcher instead of the pitcher.

You should have changed your forum name to "Ben Dover" for a week.

I disagree.

I believe that forum members should be held accountable for their transactions whether they're here or in a different sales venue (like ebay) - there's no need to create a separate list, because why would you want to deal with someone who rips people off on ebay, but plays nice here on the boards?

The whole point of a probation list is to quickly & easily warn your fellow board members so they avoid dealing with people who've shown that they don't exactly consider uphelding their end of a bargain a high priority - having two different lists that both need to be continually updated seems counter-intuitive & cumbersome.

My vote is towards modifying the current Probation List to also include off-board transactions - similar to what got CS added to the Hall of Shame.

+1 I don't care if you're a thief on ebay or here, if you don't have any ethics there, I don't want to buy from you here.

I disagree.

I believe that forum members should be held accountable for their transactions whether they're here or in a different sales venue (like ebay) - there's no need to create a separate list, because why would you want to deal with someone who rips people off on ebay, but plays nice here on the boards?

The whole point of a probation list is to quickly & easily warn your fellow board members so they avoid dealing with people who've shown that they don't exactly consider uphelding their end of a bargain a high priority - having two different lists that both need to be continually updated seems counter-intuitive & cumbersome.

My vote is towards modifying the current Probation List to also include off-board transactions - similar to what got CS added to the Hall of Shame.

+1 I don't care if you're a thief on ebay or here, if you don't have any ethics there, I don't want to buy from you here.

+1

I disagree.

It might get very difficult to keep track of all the dishonest sellers on Ebay. Do we add Robojo, makemeanofferandwin and all the other guys that are suspect?

Edited by thehumantorch

I disagree.

It might get very difficult to keep track of all the dishonest sellers on Ebay. Do we add Robojo, makemeanofferandwin and all the other guys that are suspect?

:sumo: YES!

And all of Robo's usernames he had on here combined with his eBay handles.

I disagree.

:sumo: YES!

And all of Robo's usernames he had on here combined with his eBay handles.

The list could get pretty long very quickly. How would these guys get off the list?

The list could get pretty long very quickly. How would these guys get off the list?

That is why such a list should be confined to board members who use the Comics Market - Sales Advertising - Ebay, Dealers to advertise their sales here. For non-member internet sellers/buyers, or for members who do not advertise their ebay etc. sales here, post in General and also use whatever corrective measures the particular internet venue allows.

That is why such a list should be confined to board members who use the Comics Market - Sales Advertising - Ebay, Dealers to advertise their sales here. For non-member internet sellers/buyers, or for members who do not advertise their ebay etc. sales here, post in General and also use whatever corrective measures the particular internet venue allows.

Yep - that's exactly what I meant as well.

Yup. We can't police the world, but if you sell HERE and are a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed there, then I see no reason why they shouldn't be on the list.

Yup. We can't police the world, but if you sell HERE and are a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed there, then I see no reason why they shouldn't be on the list.

Robo was a member - a number of times from what I hear.

Robo was a member - a number of times from what I hear.

:popcorn: for the next time