• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It is so disappointing to see our sellers here consistently getting hosed. All I can think is that this place is an almost constant smorgasboard of amazing books and we have more and more people who are trying to eat until their guts explode. :P

I think percentage-wise we're probably not too bad as we have grown quite a bit over the 5+ years I've been here. Remember, at one time the selling forum was just one forum with crickets chirping in it undisturbed for days on end.

I wish that was true - speaking from a personal point of view, I've had more problems with buyers & sellers here than I've had in 10 years on ebay :cry:

Ditto. :sumo:

How many more transactions do you do compared to eBay now vs. then?

eBay used to be the big dog and also the big hassle. I find I am doing 10-100 times more transactions on there than I am on eBay now.

When I was doing lots of business on eBay almost every other book was overgraded, some were poorly packaged, some were restored and never heard from the seller again etc.

On here it might happen once in 100 purchases for me.

Is it possible that perspective has just changed?

R.

I would say that I'm using ebay twice as much as the boards.

I can and do get overgraded books on both sites (which has curtailed my spending on comics all together).

But only here as a buyer have I had board member cancel my pm purchase because another boardie complained that I did not put the :takeit: in the thread.

And only here have I had a board member cancel my purchase because the book got returned to them and they didn't want to pay the shipping to me twice.

Sure I was refunded my money but that is not the point, I paid in good faith and they should have honored the sale.

I would never treat you like a second class Canadian, L. :foryou:

There ain't no such thing in Canada.

(tsk)

It is so disappointing to see our sellers here consistently getting hosed. All I can think is that this place is an almost constant smorgasboard of amazing books and we have more and more people who are trying to eat until their guts explode. :P

I think percentage-wise we're probably not too bad as we have grown quite a bit over the 5+ years I've been here. Remember, at one time the selling forum was just one forum with crickets chirping in it undisturbed for days on end.

I wish that was true - speaking from a personal point of view, I've had more problems with buyers & sellers here than I've had in 10 years on ebay :cry:

I hope I'm not one of those problems, Mike.

You're like the shimmering rose in a bed of turds :foryou:

That makes me a turd :cry:

I've got to admit, while I've constantly had overgraded books from eBay, it's only happened once here. I've had one book not show from the boards but got refunded.

I've had no problems as a seller, well just one but I won't go into that. I must be pretty lucky.

Ditto. :sumo:

How many more transactions do you do compared to eBay now vs. then?

eBay used to be the big dog and also the big hassle. I find I am doing 10-100 times more transactions on there than I am on eBay now.

When I was doing lots of business on eBay almost every other book was overgraded, some were poorly packaged, some were restored and never heard from the seller again etc.

On here it might happen once in 100 purchases for me.

Is it possible that perspective has just changed?

R.

I would say that I'm using ebay twice as much as the boards.

I can and do get overgraded books on both sites (which has curtailed my spending on comics all together).

But only here as a buyer have I had board member cancel my pm purchase because another boardie complained that I did not put the :takeit: in the thread.

And only here have I had a board member cancel my purchase because the book got returned to them and they didn't want to pay the shipping to me twice.

Sure I was refunded my money but that is not the point, I paid in good faith and they should have honored the sale.

I would never treat you like a second class Canadian, L. :foryou:

There ain't no such thing in Canada.

(tsk)

(thumbs u ......well, except for long hair having men that probably listen to rock music :headbang:

Vin has shown himself to not give two about the people he's 'dealing' with, or the hassle it causes them behind the scenes. Jason has gone through the ringer on this one, that I can vouch for, and no contact from Vin to either seller seems to point to the fact that he deosn't care.

I think the best outcome to this would be for JJ to write of his deal with Vin as it's obviously not going to happen, then forward the money to Jason as Vin already has those books.

I believe that's what JJ was thinking, but it's between him and Jason, it's not for us to say. He has every right to keep the deposit on a deal that was structured to protect himself from a deadbeat buyer. :)

Hi everyone, knew poster here. thought I'd add my two cents regarding our very popular Mr. Russell Altomare of Comic Supply. I preordered a collectible figure from him back in July. Not only have I not yet received this item but I have been continually berated by this man upon simply inquiring where the item is. He has lied to me, telling me "the toy" has not yet been released when it indeed has. He threatened me to cancel the Paypal dispute I had opened with him initially (the worst mistake I ever could have made) after insisting "the toy" has been ordered and was on its way. My, at first very infrequent, emails went unanswered and ignored for months... Etc, Etc, Etc. You all know the story here...

Anyway the Michigan BBB has been notified, the FBI, the Internet Fraud organization, the local police, the Michigan Attorney General's office, RipOff Report, etc....

I'm out $54.88 i suppose. Unless he decides to make good and refund my money. WHICH by the way he has asked if I would like a refund and then renigs and says that I can't have one!?!

I'm sorry, I've done a lot of online buying but this guy takes the cake. HORRIBLE SERVICE and most likely a probable scammer, but at this point a sloppy thief.

Hi everyone, knew poster here. thought I'd add my two cents regarding our very popular Mr. Russell Altomare of Comic Supply. I preordered a collectible figure from him back in July. Not only have I not yet received this item but I have been continually berated by this man upon simply inquiring where the item is. He has lied to me, telling me "the toy" has not yet been released when it indeed has. He threatened me to cancel the Paypal dispute I had opened with him initially (the worst mistake I ever could have made) after insisting "the toy" has been ordered and was on its way. My, at first very infrequent, emails went unanswered and ignored for months... Etc, Etc, Etc. You all know the story here...

Anyway the Michigan BBB has been notified, the FBI, the Internet Fraud organization, the local police, the Michigan Attorney General's office, RipOff Report, etc....

I'm out $54.88 i suppose. Unless he decides to make good and refund my money. WHICH by the way he has asked if I would like a refund and then renigs and says that I can't have one!?!

I'm sorry, I've done a lot of online buying but this guy takes the cake. HORRIBLE SERVICE and most likely a probable scammer, but at this point a sloppy thief.

:o

WTTB and sorry.

8 milemax will probably come along and tell you how Comic Supply is a good guy.

just call your credit card company or bank and do a chargeback, it's quite simple.

just call your credit card company or bank and do a chargeback, it's quite simple.

Not completely correct due to changes over the past year in the chargeback process.

If you do not file in the first 90 days, there is no guarantee of receiving a chargeback. This was put in place to cut down on chargeback rates, and the cost involved to the merchants, credit card acquirers, and the associations (VISA, MasterCard).

And depending on who your card issuer is, it can even be 60 days to submit a chargeback. This sounds like way past 60-90 days.

:sorry:

thanks guys.. and yes, unfortunately... I paid through paypal out of either my balance I had there or directly out of my account that is linked, I can't remember BUT, I do know that no CC involved.

it just baffles me that he can think that this is an OK way of running a business and get away with it...

Vin has shown himself to not give two about the people he's 'dealing' with, or the hassle it causes them behind the scenes. Jason has gone through the ringer on this one, that I can vouch for, and no contact from Vin to either seller seems to point to the fact that he deosn't care.

I think the best outcome to this would be for JJ to write of his deal with Vin as it's obviously not going to happen, then forward the money to Jason as Vin already has those books.

I believe that's what JJ was thinking, but it's between him and Jason, it's not for us to say. He has every right to keep the deposit on a deal that was structured to protect himself from a deadbeat buyer. :)

I'm going throu a divorce JJ and Jason were told about it and told me to take my time. I paid off Jason to day, And have talked to JJ as well. I didn't know this was going on. To busy with lawers and stuff & now am getting my self back in order. I'm sorry to any one I caused a problem too. I just found out I wasn't allowed to post, so I can pay JJ off. So if we can take care of this problem, I can post some comics so I can sell them. If not I'll put them on ebay were I have a rating of 7653 and 100% postive feedback. And a top rated seller. I don't rip people off I'm just went throu a bad divorce, And starting to get my self back on my feet. Any thing I can do to help drop me a line.

Vin

Vin

I'm going throu a divorce JJ and Jason were told about it and told me to take my time. I paid off Jason to day, And have talked to JJ as well. I didn't know this was going on. To busy with lawers and stuff & now am getting my self back in order. I'm sorry to any one I caused a problem too. I just found out I wasn't allowed to post, so I can pay JJ off. So if we can take care of this problem, I can post some comics so I can sell them. If not I'll put them on ebay were I have a rating of 7653 and 100% postive feedback. And a top rated seller. I don't rip people off I'm just went throu a bad divorce, And starting to get my self back on my feet. Any thing I can do to help drop me a line.

Vin

Vin

Ebay may be your only option at the moment.

I'd say if Vin is able to get his business in order with those members who nominated him for the probation list and they're willing to have him removed, then he should be clear to conduct business on the boards again. He isn't on the Hall of Shame list, so it's not like he won't be clear to get back on the straight and narrow.

2c

What are we, Somalia? I can't believe someone can't get CS in trouble with the law for this endless pattern of internet fraud.

I was looking back through some old PMs and Russ was a really good guy from what I remembered. He even held the old grading contest a few times. I spoke to him on the phone well before I found these boards because we met on eBay. I wonder why the pattern of bad behavior. Maybe something bigger going on in his private life than he cares to admit?