• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It is so disappointing to see our sellers here consistently getting hosed. All I can think is that this place is an almost constant smorgasboard of amazing books and we have more and more people who are trying to eat until their guts explode. :P

It is so disappointing to see our sellers here consistently getting hosed. All I can think is that this place is an almost constant smorgasboard of amazing books and we have more and more people who are trying to eat until their guts explode. :P

I think percentage-wise we're probably not too bad as we have grown quite a bit over the 5+ years I've been here. Remember, at one time the selling forum was just one forum with crickets chirping in it undisturbed for days on end.

I think percentage-wise we're probably not too bad as we have grown quite a bit over the 5+ years I've been here. Remember, at one time the selling forum was just one forum with crickets chirping in it undisturbed for days on end.

We can still hear the crickets chirping. There's just a hell of a lot more books listed in the Marketplace now that aren't selling. :cry:

I wish that was true - speaking from a personal point of view, I've had more problems with buyers & sellers here than I've had in 10 years on ebay :cry:

I wish that was true - speaking from a personal point of view, I've had more problems with buyers & sellers here than I've had in 10 years on ebay :cry:

Ditto. :sumo:

really? that suxs. ??? my only problem i had was lack of PM response which caused delay in shipping, but the seller made it right by refunding me $20 for the hassle. :golfclap:

I have a name to add. BKWON12

A few months ago he sent me a book to press and submit to CGC.

He was fairly excited about it until he learned the book he was hoping was a 9.4 turned out to be a PLOD book. I sent him a PM alerting him to the fact (which he read) and has never replied.

I am out the fees and cost of the pressing and I am stuck with the book. A pebble on lifes journey, but I felt it warranted being called out.

YIKES!!! :o that suxs and sorry, dude. doh!:sorry:

Seriously, Michael?

On rare occassions - and I do mean rare - I've had an issue with a transaction. But comparing this place to eBay, the experience is far more positive on here than I have ever had on eBay.

And I find it more common for someone to include a freebie or two on here, where on eBay pray if you even get the book you bought in the grade you were told, let alone something added as a surprise.

1) I've received an overgraded book on here a few times, but not often.

2) Sometimes I've had books sent in a soft envelope, graded or raw books. But when this has happened on rare occasions and books were damaged, sellers made it right.

3) Books missing from a large run - but the seller made it right and tracked down the books.

(shrug)

How many more transactions do you do compared to eBay now vs. then?

eBay used to be the big dog and also the big hassle. I find I am doing 10-100 times more transactions on there than I am on eBay now.

When I was doing lots of business on eBay almost every other book was overgraded, some were poorly packaged, some were restored and never heard from the seller again etc.

On here it might happen once in 100 purchases for me.

Is it possible that perspective has just changed?

R.

I hope I'm not one of those problems, Mike.

Seriously, Michael?

On rare occassions - and I do mean rare - I've had an issue with a transaction. But comparing this place to eBay, the experience is far more positive on here than I have ever had on eBay.

And I find it more common for someone to include a freebie or two on here, where on eBay pray if you even get the book you bought in the grade you were told, let alone something added as a surprise.

1) I've received an overgraded book on here a few times, but not often.

2) Sometimes I've had books sent in a soft envelope, graded or raw books. But when this has happened on rare occasions and books were damaged, sellers made it right.

3) Books missing from a large run - but the seller made it right and tracked down the books.

(shrug)

Most of the problems I've had here has been as a seller - and it's the always the same thing; people committing to buying books & then backing out of the sale, either with some lame-azz excuse or simply by not responding to PM's anymore.

And let's not forget the fellow board member who sold me some heavily-overgraded books on ebay, and when I politely told him that they weren't what I expected them to be, showed him scans with the problem areas clearly marked, he promptly accused me of switching the books on him & threatened to report me to the police for fraud :screwy:

Don't get me wrong - I'll still happily buy & sell here - but being ripped off by a board member stings a lot more than having some anonymous m0ron on ebay flake out on paying.

I bought low and mid grade raw books here and I have zero problem but when i entered into the high grades, I have been disappointed. Now, maybe my expectations are too high and when I sub the books, it will come back as advertised...but I rather not take any more chances here or Ebay.

I hope I'm not one of those problems, Mike.

You're like the shimmering rose in a bed of turds :foryou:

eBay used to be the big dog and also the big hassle. I find I am doing 10-100 times more transactions on there than I am on eBay now.

When I was doing lots of business on eBay almost every other book was overgraded, some were poorly packaged, some were restored and never heard from the seller again etc.

R.

I would say that I'm using ebay twice as much as the boards.

I can and do get overgraded books on both sites (which has curtailed my spending on comics all together).

But only here as a buyer have I had board member cancel my pm purchase because another boardie complained that I did not put the :takeit: in the thread.

And only here have I had a board member cancel my purchase because the book got returned to them and they didn't want to pay the shipping to me twice.

Sure I was refunded my money but that is not the point, I paid in good faith and they should have honored the sale.

R.

I would say that I'm using ebay twice as much as the boards.

I can and do get overgraded books on both sites (which has curtailed my spending on comics all together).

But only here as a buyer have I had board member cancel my pm purchase because another boardie complained that I did not put the :takeit: in the thread.

And only here have I had a board member cancel my purchase because the book got returned to them and they didn't want to pay the shipping to me twice.

Sure I was refunded my money but that is not the point, I paid in good faith and they should have honored the sale.

I would never treat you like a second class Canadian, L. :foryou:

And let's not forget the fellow board member who sold me some heavily-overgraded books on ebay, and when I politely told him that they weren't what I expected them to be, showed him scans with the problem areas clearly marked, he promptly accused me of switching the books on him & threatened to report me to the police for fraud :screwy:

:o

WTF?!

Um... did you guys notice how there are no other discussions in this thread other than yours? :baiting:

This sort of stuff really ought to be taking place over in the Probation Discussion Thread. :foryou:

Totally thought this was the discussion thread :tonofbricks: