• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Yes there were problems with the printer. It took almost a month longer to get it printed. The book came in just before the shows that were scheduled. Then as I was shipping the preorders, I was laid off from my job. I'm slowly shipping books as quickly as I can in between searching for a new job.

I can either refund or ship the books. Either way works with me. And to say that I have not responded to pm is....well....incorrect. Think what you want and believe who you want. I've got too much to concern myself with he said he said. It is what it is, life has taken a dump on me and I am slowly fulfilling orders.

For those that bought ss books. They are on the way to cgc and will be to you shortly. All others can pm me with what they want to do, either refund or ship the books.

I'm sorry to her about Jay's problems. I have just returned to work myself after a more than year and half off.

Having said that, I emailed Jay two weeks ago and the only issue was, according to Jay, he had lost my address. I am not a monster nor someone who is totally impatient. If I was made aware of the situation we would not be here now.

I just don't have time to scan all the messages on the board.

I emailed Jay a few days ago after waiting two weeks from sending the message where he said he would ship the books once receiving my address. Being that we live in the same state, I felt that was ample time to get the books out to me.

I just feel that it has been like this with my other transactions with Jay. I need to stay on top of the transactions or risk not getting my order. So lets say this is not the first time.

Being a seller as well as a buyer I like to receive the same level of service I provide to those who purchase from me.

Also, I want to support anyone who is trying to break into the comics field. Particularly those who are boardies. I do not however, want to suffer in the process. Communication is key to all transactions here.

Given ample time, there are no excuses for not updating someone about a situation which affects the timely receipt of books when they have put money out of their pocket.

Among business people, this should be common knowledge. Supporters of new businesses should always be treated with respect by those businesses or risk the loss of support.

In closing, I hope Jay finds solutions to all his problems and prospers in his new endevor. Knowing what I know now, I'm willing to wait for the books. I am dropping my complaint against Jay.

Good luck Jay. Send the books when you can.

Y'know, I'm getting tired of all the hairsplitting around here. If you fail to make good on a transaction within the 30-day period (which is already a gracious amount of time) you should go on the list. Sorry, but I honestly don't care if you lost your job, or if your great grandma betty died. There are many good sellers and buyers here that have lost their jobs and have had serious personal problems impact their lives. The purpose of the list is not to serve as penance, but to serve as a warning to the community that someone doesn't have his act (as a buyer or seller) in order. :sumo:

On another note, I've heard rumblings that we are about to add another "artist" to the list . . . hm

Y'know, I'm getting tired of all the hairsplitting around here. If you fail to make good on a transaction within the 30-day period (which is already a gracious amount of time) you should go on the list. Sorry, but I honestly don't care if you lost your job, or if your great grandma betty died. There are many good sellers and buyers here that have lost their jobs and have had serious personal problems impact their lives. The purpose of the list is not to serve as penance, but to serve as a warning to the community that someone doesn't have his act (as a buyer or seller) in order. :sumo:

On another note, I've heard rumblings that we are about to add another "artist" to the list . . . hm

I really don't disagree with you at all on that point, but I do like the fact that sometimes Discussion Thread activity can circumvent a problem even when that problem is very close to to or even over the threshold for inclusion on the List.

I really don't disagree with you at all on that point, but I do like the fact that sometimes Discussion Thread activity can circumvent a problem even when that problem is very close to to or even over the threshold for inclusion on the List.

I agree that anytime discussion results in a resolution, it's a good thing.

Not wanting to argue divad... but I got to disagree with you.

Yes the 30 day window is plenty of time. Yes the buyer and seller should fall between that time frame. It just doesn't always work out that way.

I personally care if you lost your job... or your grandmother died. There are a lot of not only good sellers here, but downright great sellers here that might possibly slack sometimes in their professional lives due to reasons beyond their control.

How they handle it should be the reason to throw them on your "list".

I won 2 books off of Foolkiller which took 41 days to get to me. He had been putting in extra hours at work & simply didn't get them shipped out. He definatly made it up to me with what I call the most awesome pile of freebies ever. We all know who Foolkiller is right? I'd put him in pretty much the top 3 sellers on the boards for consistant shipping and grading. Does he not have his act in order?

According to you, his slight lax on getting me my books would warrant an immediate trip to "the list". 30 days is 30 days. I disagree. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

God forbid you to ever lose your job & have a close family member die the same week you have to ship out comic books. Or in that same week your wife is crying because the cancer treatments she's having is making her hair fall out. Or you're one missed payment away from having your car repossessed and you were just hit with a huge tax bill on the same day your child gets diagnosed with diabetes.

You should care divad, this is your community.

Once you have completed five transactions (that can be validated) without a problem, I will be more than happy to have you removed from the List. Those transactions can be with any member of good standing on these boards and none of them have to be with me...just prove that you're as good as your word. (thumbs

Nick

I have successfully completed a transaction with Ray (rza808) so kudos to him. 1 down, 4 to go... (thumbs u

i have sent pm's to all that i have backorders on (well not backorders, just getting my life together) to ship out tomorrow (first day off from the new job). so if i missed anybody or you have paid but not received anything from me, PM ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! i will be working 6 days a week @ 12 hour days so my next day off will not be until next tuesday and i won't be able to ship until then.

I honestly don't care if you lost your job, or if your great grandma betty died. The purpose of the list is not to serve as penance, but to serve as a warning to the community that someone doesn't have his act (as a buyer or seller) in order. :sumo:

Again not wanting to argue... I was just going by this...

Nor I. :)

:gossip: I don't care if your dog died either . . .

That's beside the point. This isn't about punishment, it's about awareness.

... so you feel that in the scenario I offered, that Foolkiller should go on the list as a problem shipper (don't worry Brian, this is just a scenario :) ) ?

That people should be aware that he was working 14 hour days and slipped on shipping... so he should go on the list?

In this scenario, putting him on the list would be punishment. The only awareness would be that we would be "turdz" for putting him on the list.

...and if my dog dies, you may never get your books :grin:

Edited by Bio-Rupp

... so you feel that in the scenario I offered, that Foolkiller should go on the list (don't worry Brian, this is just a scenario :) ) ? That people should be aware that he was working 14 hour days and slipped on shipping... so he should go on the list?

In this scenario, putting him on the list would be punishment. The only awareness would be that we would be "turdz" for putting him on the list.

You're missing the point entirely.

People aren't automatically added to the Probation list - it's up to you, the wronged party, to step forward & take the necessary action in order for this to happen. It's also up to you what constitutes a probation list offense - the base guideline is 30 days after a buy/sale took place, but if you want to stretch this to 40, 50 or 100 days, it's not like anyone is going to prevent you from doing so. And if you want to cut the seller some slack because you know he's dealing with a personal crisis, that's your decision as well.

But if a seller (or a buyer for that matter) isn't able to fullfil his obligations within a very reasonable timeframe (which 30 days certainly is), why wouldn't you want the rest of the board to be made aware of this?

... so you feel that in the scenario I offered, that Foolkiller should go on the list (don't worry Brian, this is just a scenario :) ) ? That people should be aware that he was working 14 hour days and slipped on shipping... so he should go on the list?

People aren't automatically added to the Probation list - it's up to you, the wronged party, to step forward & take the necessary action in order for this to happen. It's also up to you what constitutes a probation list offense - the base guideline is 30 days after a buy/sale took place, but if you want to stretch this to 40, 50 or 100 days, it's not like anyone is going to prevent you from doing so. And if you want to cut the seller some slack because you know he's dealing with a personal crisis, that's your decision as well.

But if a seller (or a buyer for that matter) isn't able to fullfil his obligations within a very reasonable timeframe (which 30 days certainly is), why wouldn't you want the rest of the board to be made aware of this?

No I totally get the point of the list. divid in his quote stated, more or less, that there was no room for error if you miss the 30 day time frame. Just think that there are circumstances that make this null.

Gotta agree with the Copper Age Godfather.

I see the point you are trying to make, and I am a big fan of it being the wronged party's discretion to add someone to the list or not. (thumbs u To me the conclusion that then follows is it is also up to my best judgment as to whether to share the situation with the collective board or not.

hm Another example perhaps with the discussion above in mind. Let's say I bought $100 worth of comics from a boardie. I learn that there will be a significant delay in shipping because of a death in the family (or divorce, illness, or other assorted tragedy). If through our discussions I am reassured and feel that things will be taken care of and a plan is in place, I do not necessarily feel that the rest of the board should be made aware of this in all situations (albeit in some, it probably should....again I would use my discretion). Oftentimes, people do not necessarily want to share their personal lives and crises with a whole lot of people. Even well meaning condolences or well wishes can serve to keep wounds open or a situation omnipresent. People heal in different ways and some prefer to do so privately. :juggle:

So if through our private communications an agreement/arrangement is made then even after 30 days I may not notify the general population. Just seems to be a judgment call to me. Now, if that individual is seen claiming death in the family to me and later the same day buying or selling...then perhaps the situation has changed and I need to re-evaluate the initial decision.

I guess that is a long winded way of saying that to me this is a more fluid situation and less black and white sometimes :shrug:

Just my two cents as I wrap up work for the day,

SE

Edited by Snake Eyes

Probation list serves as a don't sell or buy from list for some and they don't know the whole story. Before I moved to Vegas I had 2 big deaths in my family. My bro and gramps. I was depressed and didnt recognize it. Last thing I wanted to do was tell the boards how crappy my life had become. We are all human and sometimes do things like make mistakes