• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Need some feedback. I sold two books on my last sales thread. I gave the buyer roughly 6 months to pay and took $100 deposit for 2k of books. I asked that payment be made for Oct 1st. I sent pm mid and late Sept which were replied that things had happened and he needed to pay off various expenses but he was selling some items and was trying to make the Oct 1st deadline. I sent a pm Sept 18th, Sept 30th both of which were read and one final pm Oct 13th which has not been read. As payment was due Oct 1st, should I just report Novemeber 1st and keep the deposit or should I nominate him now???

Thanks for your input

Sounds like the deal has gone south to me. :eek:

Need some feedback. I sold two books on my last sales thread. I gave the buyer roughly 6 months to pay and took $100 deposit for 2k of books. I asked that payment be made for Oct 1st. I sent pm mid and late Sept which were replied that things had happened and he needed to pay off various expenses but he was selling some items and was trying to make the Oct 1st deadline. I sent a pm Sept 18th, Sept 30th both of which were read and one final pm Oct 13th which has not been read. As payment was due Oct 1st, should I just report Novemeber 1st and keep the deposit or should I nominate him now???

Thanks for your input

Sounds like the deal has gone south to me. :eek:

I've found many good deals south of Sonora.

Thanks for your input

I'd wait till Nov, then nominate the boardie and keep the $100 if he hasn't paid by then.

Thanks for your input

I'd wait till Nov, then nominate the boardie and keep the $100 if he hasn't paid by then.

I disagree, the 30--day period was already built-in to the time payment - nominate the buyer post haste.

I was wondering if I can bring this situation up for some feedback and input from fellow boardies. I would greatly appreciate it.

Approximately 3 months ago, I sold a slab to a fellow boardie outside a sales thread. I offered him some time to pay in the beginning, but since then on several occasions, I have requested payment. Fellow boardie would always respond positively stating that payment would follow soon. It never did up until today. I didn't bring this up to discussion as I felt like it had no backing being that the slab was sold outside a sales thread, so my thinking went.

Well, in a more recent sales thread, the fellow boardie bought two raw books. At first, books were claimed through PM, but I requested that it be made formal through the threads. And so they were sold with a reminder of the owed balance. Being in the situation I am in, every penny counts so I requested payment in full. After a couple of reminders during this past month, I still received responses stating that payment would follow.

I think that I have been very fair and patient in this situation. I value this fellow boardie's camaraderie and business, but given the predicament I feel that these sales have been dragged on too long now. The total amount is $176 and it has been much needed given that I could have sold the books a long time ago, but respected the purchase agreement.

I PMd the individual one week ago informing them that I would bring this issue up for discussion if full payment was not received by today. Last PM I received from the individual was right after mine, again stating that payment would be sent. I still have not received payment.

It has been 3 months with the first book and 1 month with the other two books. I know that this situation can lead to being placed on the probation list, but I wanted some input first from other fellow board members. Thanks, guys.

Pretty straightforward given the facts above. Seems like you have been more than patient and nomination to the probation list is in order. Maybe that will motivate him/her to resolve a situation that should have been taken care of long ago. :(

I was wondering if I can bring this situation up for some feedback and input from fellow boardies. I would greatly appreciate it.

Approximately 3 months ago, I sold a slab to a fellow boardie outside a sales thread. I offered him some time to pay in the beginning, but since then on several occasions, I have requested payment. Fellow boardie would always respond positively stating that payment would follow soon. It never did up until today. I didn't bring this up to discussion as I felt like it had no backing being that the slab was sold outside a sales thread, so my thinking went.

Well, in a more recent sales thread, the fellow boardie bought two raw books. At first, books were claimed through PM, but I requested that it be made formal through the threads. And so they were sold with a reminder of the owed balance. Being in the situation I am in, every penny counts so I requested payment in full. After a couple of reminders during this past month, I still received responses stating that payment would follow.

I think that I have been very fair and patient in this situation. I value this fellow boardie's camaraderie and business, but given the predicament I feel that these sales have been dragged on too long now. The total amount is $176 and it has been much needed given that I could have sold the books a long time ago, but respected the purchase agreement.

I PMd the individual one week ago informing them that I would bring this issue up for discussion if full payment was not received by today. Last PM I received from the individual was right after mine, again stating that payment would be sent. I still have not received payment.

It has been 3 months with the first book and 1 month with the other two books. I know that this situation can lead to being placed on the probation list, but I wanted some input first from other fellow board members. Thanks, guys.

Seems pretty straight forward (shrug)

Who is it?

Julio, knowing you by now and how much this would bother you later on, I'd send this person a PM. Include a link to this thread, and state in X days (notice the single digit), if payment is not received there is no choice but to place them on the Probation List.

You have been more than patient in waiting this long. I would hope the forumite sees the light, and realizes how wrong it is to make someone wait this long.

But that's your decision, as they have definitely exceeded the suggested 30-day rule with the first book, and sounds like the second round of books too.

:sorry:

Julio, knowing you by now and how much this would bother you later on, I'd send this person a PM. Include a link to this thread, and state in X days (notice the single digit), if payment is not received there is no choice but to place them on the Probation List.

You have been more than patient in waiting this long. I would hope the forumite sees the light, and realizes how wrong it is to make someone wait this long.

But that's your decision, as they have definitely exceeded the suggested 30-day rule with the first book, and sounds like the second round of books too.

It seems like Julio has been exceedingly patient already, though - if I'm reading his post correctly, he already PM'ed the deadbeat a week ago and told him that he'd bring this issue up for discussion in this thread if payment wasn't received by today.

At this point, I definitely think the buyer should be outed - even if by some miracle Julio actually ends up receiving his payment, it still seems like it would be in the best interest of this community to have this person's name out in the open :shrug:

It seems like Julio has been exceedingly patient already, though - if I'm reading his post correctly, he already PM'ed the deadbeat a week ago and told him that he'd bring this issue up for discussion in this thread if payment wasn't received by today.

At this point, I definitely think the buyer should be outed - even if by some miracle Julio actually ends up receiving his payment, it still seems like it would be in the best interest of this community to have this person's name out in the open :shrug:

+1

Dimes to donuts i know who you are talking about, pm sent.

Dimes to donuts i know who you are talking about, pm sent.
LBJARM? :luhv:

Out the sucker cuz I'm ready to kick some forumite azz.

xoxo

greggy

Finally mastered the "Wooshi Finger Hold" huh?

Hey, peeps. I just read your feedback and I greatly appreciate your input. I was really hoping that I would never have to do this, but it has been too long and I actually changed my PM today to the boardie to state that I was going to pursue this matter further.

I was actually going to give more time, but in reading your posts, it gave me support in the fact that I have already waited long enough. I have requested payment many times as well as checked to make sure that the boardie still wanted the books. I just don't get it. A simple, "Go ahead and sell them as I can't pay for them right now", would have sufficed awhile back.

Anyway, I'm not sure how Greggy figured it out, but the boardie's name is LBJARM. I've never had issues with him before and actually business and camaraderie on the boards has been good up until now. I rely on whatever I can sell right now for income. I'm refusing to assume that my kindness has been taken advantage of, because then that will be cause to get angry and I am not at all angry right now...just bummed out and confused.

Anyway, since payment was not made at yesterday's deadline, what do I do next? This is my first time having to do this.

Edited by FIREFLY

Anyway, since payment was not made at yesterday's deadline, what next?

Since all requirements have been met from historic recommendations, I think Adonis is immediately added to the probation list.

I'm not hearing anything that requires taking a poll.

Hey, peeps. I just read your feedback and I greatly appreciate your input. I was really hoping that I would never have to do this, but it has been too long and I actually changed my PM today to the boardie to state that I was going to pursue this matter further.

I was actually going to give more time, but in reading your posts, it gave me support in the fact that I have already waited long enough. I have requested payment many times as well as checked to make sure that the boardie still wanted the books. I just don't get it. A simple, "Go ahead and sell them as I can't pay for them right now", would have sufficed awhile back.

Anyway, I'm not sure how Greggy figured it out, but the boardie's name is LBJARM. I've never had issues with him before and actually business and camaraderie on the boards has been good up until now. I rely on whatever I can sell right now for income. I'm refusing to assume that my kindness has been taken advantage of, because then that will be cause to get angry and I am not at all angry right now...just bummed out and confused.

Anyway, since payment was not made at yesterday's deadline, what do I do next? This is my first time having to do this.

Greggy IS brilliant, however, it was not a huge stretch, Julio...I believe he's been on the list before. Very sorry you have to deal with this. :foryou: