• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Just for reference, he is running a sales thread right now. It may be appropriate for one of the probation list keepers to place a brief message in there referring folks to this thread. I know I would want to hold off on finishing a transaction there until matters here were resolved first.

:sorry: Guilty as charge guys. Things have been extremely hecktic with the baby coming and payments getting out of hand.

However, to remidy the situation, I just sent $150 to Julio. I want to make things right by all means. This is 100% my fault, delay after delay I wasn't able to get everything on track to send Julio the $$, however, I've agreed to make ammends and make it right. So the account will be paid in full.

Julio is a good friend, and the last thing I want is to tarnish our relationship.

Edited by LBJARM

Again, thank you everyone for your valuable input...much appreciated. :foryou:

Most of the balance has now been paid up. A small amount is pending a pp echeck and I will wait 'til that clears to bring closure to this issue. Adonis has PMd me and has apologized and I have accepted the apology. I'm really bummed that I've waited this long and that it took a nomination to the probation list to clear things up. I'm glad it's all working out so far.

LBJARM finally stepping up is much appreciated. Thanks, Adonis.

Edited by FIREFLY

Again, thank you everyone for your valuable input...much appreciated. :foryou:

Most of the balance has now been paid up. A small amount is pending a pp echeck and I will wait 'til that clears to bring closure to this issue. Adonis has PMd me and has apologized and I have accepted the apology. I'm really bummed that I've waited this long and that it took a nomination to the probation list to clear things up. I'm glad it's all working out so far.

:applause:

But I'd like to know how many times Adonis has been on the probation list, as a few forumites mentioned this is not the first time.

Is this a pattern?

:sorry: Guilty as charge guys. Things have been extremely hecktic with the baby coming and payments getting out of hand.

However, to remidy the situation, I just sent $150 to Julio. I want to make things right by all means. This is 100% my fault, delay after delay I wasn't able to get everything on track to send Julio the $$, however, I've agreed to make ammends and make it right. So the account will be paid in full.

Julio is a good friend, and the last thing I want is to tarnish our relationship.

I see that you changed the amount you said you paid. Does this cover the entire amount? Is there still a balance? Does something need to clear?

Bosco:

This was my second time being placed placed on the probation board since joining in 2007. And my last.

skypinkblue:

Julio was paid in full, as stated before, he's just waiting for an e-check to clear. Once it clears, hopefully things will be back to normal, well about as normal things get around here :)

Edited by LBJARM

Bosco:

This was my second time being placed placed on the probation board since joining in 2007. And my last.

skypinkblue:

Julio was paid in full, as stated before, he's just waiting for an e-check to clear. Once it clears, hopefully things will be back to normal, well about as normal things get around here :)

I'm happy that you are settling this , but it's sad that it took him outing you here before you made the payments. It's not really a matter of normal, it's a matter of being respectful to your fellow collectors, and fair to them. I'm sure that's what you plan to teach your children...to be fair to others...and congrats, btw:)

You're 100% right. Things are crazy at home, but that's no excuse. Julio is a top notch guy, and I can't wait till we meet so I can buy him a beer...at a bar..the same time we meet..not 3 months later.

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:

Last payment has cleared. I will be shipping LBJARM's books out tomorrow morning via priority mail. Thanks everyone for your help in resolving this matter. Always appreciate your help. (thumbs u

Julio, so are you saying the transaction is at the point you are comfortable, and to take LBJARM off the probation list?

Last payment has cleared. I will be shipping LBJARM's books out tomorrow morning via priority mail. Thanks everyone for your help in resolving this matter. Always appreciate your help. (thumbs u

Julio, so are you saying the transaction is at the point you are comfortable, and to take LBJARM off the probation list?

Yes, Nick. All taken care of. Being that he has taken care of this issue, I don't see a reason for keeping him on there. Thanks, brother.

I wish him the best of luck.

Edited by FIREFLY

Julio, I removed Adonis at your request.

But since this is his second time on the probation list, I would highly recommend Adonis not go this route again. The next time around - if there ever is one - could lead to a group vote leading to the Hall of Shame.

Hopefully, that never happens.

:wishluck:

Julio, I removed Adonis at your request.

But since this is his second time on the probation list, I would highly recommend Adonis not go this route again. The next time around - if there ever is one - could lead to a group vote leading to the Hall of Shame.

Hopefully, that never happens.

:wishluck:

Unless I am missing something his first time on the probation list was over an ebay transaction that was not even advertised on the boards and was removed because it was not a valid Probation listing. Or was there another one I missed?

Unless I am missing something his first time on the probation list was over an ebay transaction that was not even advertised on the boards and was removed because it was not a valid Probation listing. Or was there another one I missed?

It's always good to check.

Since the search feature only brings up his name going back to 2009 (believe what you are referencing is the Branget Ebay situation), you'd have to search through this thread which started in 2007. That's the same time Adonis joined the forum. I doubt he was making 3-month delayed payments that soon.

But someone did mention there was an incident with delayed payment before, did they not? Take a look through this thread and let us know what you find.

I think this is why someone suggested at one point it may be better to keep a historic reference who was ever added, and how often. Even if they have been removed, if someone has been on more than once it would be nice to know these details. Then you can easily determine if there is a pattern.

It's always good to check.

Since the search feature only brings up his name going back to 2009 (believe what you are referencing is the Branget Ebay situation), you'd have to search through this thread which started in 2007. That's the same time Adonis joined the forum. I doubt he was making 3-month delayed payments that soon.

But someone did mention there was an incident with delayed payment before, did they not? Take a look through this thread and let us know what you find.

I think this is why someone suggested at one point it may be better to keep a historic reference who was ever added, and how often. Even if they have been removed, if someone has been on more than once it would be nice to know these details. Then you can easily determine if there is a pattern.

Actually the Search works fine if there is something to find. For example, use +bronzejunkie +probation as a keyword search. Make it Newer Than, say, 6 years.

The results go back to 2007 and show the bronzejunkie posts (bronzejunkie was first Probation List member).

Now repeat with +lbjarm replacing +bronzejunkie.

You will see th followiong:

On 11/4/09 LBJARM was added to the Probation list with the notation "(LBJARM &Vin added)"

On 11/5/09 LBJARM was removed and the list had the notation "(Vin added)".

This was indeed the Branget/eBay thing.

I had pushed, a while back, for a PROBATEES (or whatever) Forum like the KUDOS Forum. It would be so easy to track folks as each thread would be their name. While it would be quite difficult to go through the whole Probation discussion thread and extract info, it could at least be seeded using data from the previous probation lists, including Add and Removed dates. I'd be happy to help with that.

I had pushed, a while back, for a PROBATEES (or whatever) Forum like the KUDOS Forum. It would be so easy to track folks as each thread would be their name. While it would be quite difficult to go through the whole Probation discussion thread and extract info, it could at least be seeded using data from the previous probation lists, including Add and Removed dates. I'd be happy to help with that.

I PMd Arch about the possibility of this. Lettuce see what comes of it.

I PMd Arch about the possibility of this. Lettuce see what comes of it.

I'm sorry lettuce?as in leafy green plant?I dont mean to be policing grammer,but thats something else. :roflmao: