• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I don't think they were the 'peeps' Nick had in mind. Right Nick?

kebab_1247406c.jpg

The People's Republic of Haven wishes to formally ask the people of the Mandragorian Kingdom to cease and desist from calling the inhabitants of said People's Republic "peeps"... it is derogatory, and leads to civic unrest.

OK, peeps, Ray has indeed contacted me and with his permission in my back pocket, I'll share our exchange with you.

Did someone address the Peeps? hm

Peeps are delicious, but ya got to eat them right away or they turn rock hard. mmmm peeps. I don't have any at the moment, so I think I'll just eat a spoonfull of sugar, should suffice.

Hi All,

I am having a problem with a seller and for the first time I haven't been able to resolve it directly. This is also the first time I'll be suggesting a fellow boardie get added to the probation list.

I did a few transactions months ago with DeafMute Comics and none of them have gone smoothly. I thought I would support another Pennsylvanian in his publishing venture by placing a preorder for some of his future releases. My mistake.

This last transaction was a preorder placed in July for books to be released in August. It's now October.

Typical of my transactions with this seller, I have had to contact him to get my order shipped. In this case however, even my contacting him is not moving the order forward. It has been two weeks since the order was supposed to have been shipped (well, it was supposed to ship in August) and my books still aren't here.

My last message has gone unanswered and frankly, I'm just sorry I made these purchases. I'm very busy and really have no time for a seller that lacks motivation or responsibility. It takes too much time to complete a transaction which inevitably adds to the cost of the books.

Thanks for listening to my gripe with this seller. Perhaps a stint on the probation list will provide a lesson in how to transact properly.

It has been two weeks since the order was supposed to have been shipped (well, it was supposed to ship in August) and my books still aren't here.

Ouch!

Mark, it sounds like Jay owes you an explanation (or your books) as that just seems excessive. I hope you guys can work this out before the probation recommendation becomes final.

My dealings with you have been fantastic, so to hear you're experiencing the opposite of what you offer to others is a shame.

Hi All,

I am having a problem with a seller and for the first time I haven't been able to resolve it directly. This is also the first time I'll be suggesting a fellow boardie get added to the probation list.

I did a few transactions months ago with DeafMute Comics and none of them have gone smoothly. I thought I would support another Pennsylvanian in his publishing venture by placing a preorder for some of his future releases. My mistake.

This last transaction was a preorder placed in July for books to be released in August. It's now October.

Typical of my transactions with this seller, I have had to contact him to get my order shipped. In this case however, even my contacting him is not moving the order forward. It has been two weeks since the order was supposed to have been shipped (well, it was supposed to ship in August) and my books still aren't here.

My last message has gone unanswered and frankly, I'm just sorry I made these purchases. I'm very busy and really have no time for a seller that lacks motivation or responsibility. It takes too much time to complete a transaction which inevitably adds to the cost of the books.

Thanks for listening to my gripe with this seller. Perhaps a stint on the probation list will provide a lesson in how to transact properly.

Was this transaction on the boards? If not, he's probably not eligible to be put on probation in the selling forum, although it's definitely a good thing to post this somewhere, like in general.

Sorry you're having such problems, especially since you were trying to help the guy out.

Jay posted this just over two weeks ago. Since that post he's lost his job so maybe that's why things are behind.

I'm sure he'll be in here to clear things up himself soon enough.

Jay posted this just over two weeks ago. Since that post he's lost his job so maybe that's why things are behind.

So it sounds like this was a publication issue rather than someone moving extra slow.

Still, it would have been nice to respond to any inquiries. That's probably what started the concern.

So it sounds like this was a publication issue rather than someone moving extra slow.

Still, it would have been nice to respond to any inquiries. That's probably what started the concern.

I think that's what it was, he was let down by the original printer.

I do agree enquiries need addressing, but with where he's at without his job at the moment even that could be sort of understandable.

I do agree it enquiries need addressing, but with where he's at without his job at the moment even that could be sort of understandable.

:(

I look forward to the days when we can look back and say, "Can you believe those crazy times we lived through?"

Hopefully, he finds something soon. :wishluck:

Yes there were problems with the printer. It took almost a month longer to get it printed. The book came in just before the shows that were scheduled. Then as I was shipping the preorders, I was laid off from my job. I'm slowly shipping books as quickly as I can in between searching for a new job.

I can either refund or ship the books. Either way works with me. And to say that I have not responded to pm is....well....incorrect. Think what you want and believe who you want. I've got too much to concern myself with he said he said. It is what it is, life has taken a dump on me and I am slowly fulfilling orders.

For those that bought ss books. They are on the way to cgc and will be to you shortly. All others can pm me with what they want to do, either refund or ship the books.

Just a note that I received my order of this book from Jay a little while back. The book came out nice and looks great. Did it take a while to get here? Yes. Did he answer my concerns in his posts? Yes he did.

I'd like to ask the boardies who purchased this book to stay the course and not ask for refunds from the man. Self publishing has to be a b---tch not to mention expensive as hell. In reading his posts on the thread, it appears that he has put his heart and soul into trying to self publish this thing... and everything from the economy to the printer has tried to "beat" this man down.

I'm sure if Jay didn't return a PM, he either missed it or has been trying to put food on his table in the wake of losing his job.

Sounds like he needs our support more now than ever.

Edited by Bio-Rupp

I'm sure if Jay didn't return a PM, he either missed it or has been trying to put food on his table in the wake of losing his job.

Sounds like he needs our support more now than ever.

Sometimes these communication breakdowns are the total cause for our board issues. Especially if there are no responses for a perceived extended period.

Hopefully, this addresses Mark's concerns, and the two can get over this situation and shake hands.