• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

But if a seller (or a buyer for that matter) isn't able to fullfil his obligations within a very reasonable timeframe (which 30 days certainly is), why wouldn't you want the rest of the board to be made aware of this?

Gotta agree with the Copper Age Godfather.

You ain't Eye-Talian? You AIN'T no Godfadda..... (tsk)

Maybe he can be the Kopper Kaiser or some rough approximation. (shrug)

But if a seller (or a buyer for that matter) isn't able to fullfil his obligations within a very reasonable timeframe (which 30 days certainly is), why wouldn't you want the rest of the board to be made aware of this?

:roflmao:

104833.jpg.24e724584c63321b37822a04059a4e70.jpg

How did you know I had German ancestors? :o

How did you know I had German ancestors? :o

I hired Robert Langdon, and paid his $10,000 retainer, to investigate the strange symbols found on parchment near your booth at the last comic convention.

Turns out they were coupons to The Edelweiss Cafe.

Nor I. :)

:gossip: I don't care if your dog died either . . .

That's beside the point. This isn't about punishment, it's about awareness.

... so you feel that in the scenario I offered, that Foolkiller should go on the list as a problem shipper (don't worry Brian, this is just a scenario :) ) ?

That people should be aware that he was working 14 hour days and slipped on shipping... so he should go on the list?

In this scenario, putting him on the list would be punishment. The only awareness would be that we would be "turdz" for putting him on the list.

...and if my dog dies, you may never get your books :grin:

It's still up to you as the buyer to either put him or not put him on the list. If you were satisfied that he was keeping you informed and that his reasons were valid, then you should do what you personally feel is appropriate. Divad, or I, or anyone can't force you to add anyone to the list, for whatever reason, if you don't want to.

Sigh... I don't have anyone to go on the list.

My comments were directed at divad's comment...which is quickly appearing to be a mistake.

He states "If you fail to make good on a transaction within the 30-day period (which is already a gracious amount of time) you should go on the list)".

My whole entire reason for commenting was that I think there are justifiable reasons that make it acceptable for the seller to go past the 30 day period with proper communication from buyer to seller. divad stated he "didn't care if they lost their jobs or grandma died"... miss the 30 day window, go on the "list".

divad states that he didn't care what reason there was... and that if that 30 day window has passed that people need to be warned and then put the offending party on the list.

I disagreed with divad. I didn't disagree with the entire concept of "the list" or "use of the list" or the "point of the list".

I just feel if your entire family dies in a plane crash that just so happens to fall on your house... then that its ok to send those comics in 40 days or so... or refund the money if you can't make it to the post office.

divid's comment states that he doesn't care... and I believe with certainty that he doesn't. He doesn't care. A lot of people don't care if you, I, his family, yours or anyone elses simply spontaneously combusts. "Clean up their ashes, have your memorials... but make sure that on day 30, I've got the books I ordered or I will place you on "the list" to show how much of a problem you are".

I just feel like we should care more in situations like Deaf Mute's and a select few others.

The entire point is I just don't agree with what divad said, or how it was worded.

His opinion, I respect it... just don't agree.

I made a simple comment pages and pages ago, I hate zero tolerance rules.

I have no problem with rules or enforcing them. But do not assume that nothing matters at all except the rules. There are almost always important related facts which should be considered. IMO, if you ignore all related facts, and obey rules to the letter, you are an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Zero tolerance gun laws, weapon laws etc, we've all heard of stories about stupid authorities punishing virtually innocent people(kids mostly), and we wonder how that could happen.

Follow the rules, but if you can work out a minor problem, do it rather than creating a big problem. That's my rule of thumb.

I just feel if your entire family dies in a plane crash that just so happens to fall on your house... then that its ok to send those comics in 40 days or so... or refund the money if you can't make it to the post office.

A tad over-the-top, don't you think? lol

Maybe a little... but my Grandma's name was Betty. :angel:

Maybe a little... but my Grandma's name was Betty. :angel:

:gossip: I said great grandma .. . . :foryou:

He states "If you fail to make good on a transaction within the 30-day period (which is already a gracious amount of time) you should go on the list)".

My whole entire reason for commenting was that I think there are justifiable reasons that make it acceptable for the seller to go past the 30 day period with proper communication from buyer to seller. divad stated he "didn't care if they lost their jobs or grandma died"... miss the 30 day window, go on the "list".

divad states that he didn't care what reason there was... and that if that 30 day window has passed that people need to be warned and then put the offending party on the list.

:gossip: We actually agree here. My whole point is that it's still up to individual whether to put someone on the list at all, 30 day limit notwithstanding.

You were fine with this situation and decided that you should not put the seller on the list. I have no problem with that.

Does anyone here know Marvelguy34? He has been on the boards since 2007.

In one of my recent sales thread, he committed to purchasing 21 books. I sent him the invoice on 9/13/10.

I sent follow-up messages on 9/28, 10/7 and 10/13,but no reply.

Guess he is a candidate for the Probation List :eyeroll:

In one of my recent sales thread, he committed to purchasing 21 books. I sent him the invoice on 9/13/10.

Last Post: 09/11/10 07:22 PM hm Were the PM's read?

Nope - they are not showing as read - its like he just disappeared (shrug)

Nope - they are not showing as read - its like he just disappeared (shrug)

Lo and behold - he just contacted me. He will be paying half tomorrow!

Need some feedback. I sold two books on my last sales thread. I gave the buyer roughly 6 months to pay and took $100 deposit for 2k of books. I asked that payment be made for Oct 1st. I sent pm mid and late Sept which were replied that things had happened and he needed to pay off various expenses but he was selling some items and was trying to make the Oct 1st deadline. I sent a pm Sept 18th, Sept 30th both of which were read and one final pm Oct 13th which has not been read. As payment was due Oct 1st, should I just report Novemeber 1st and keep the deposit or should I nominate him now???

Thanks for your input

hm Seems like the first payment was due 1 OCT so by the 30 day rule, he still has time. THAT said, if he's said that he won't be making the payment, then most have agreed there's no need to wait the full 30 days at that point.