• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Has anyone e-mailed him? I know he works something like 3 weeks on and one week off. During the 3 weeks he just isn't available.

Andre did "I sent a pm Sept 18th, Sept 30th both of which were read and one final pm Oct 13th which has not been read"

Sorry, meant directly. I'll see if I can catch him on Yahoo!.

Has anyone e-mailed him? I know he works something like 3 weeks on and one week off. During the 3 weeks he just isn't available.

Anyone who has a job that keeps them "unavailable" for 3 weeks at a time shouldn't even be thinking about buying or selling comics on this chatboard.

To each their own.

Andre did "I sent a pm Sept 18th, Sept 30th both of which were read and one final pm Oct 13th which has not been read"

Sorry, meant directly. I'll see if I can catch him on Yahoo!.

I understood what you meant, however, as you can see the PMs have been read, so it's really "moot". I had the same problem with him several years ago. He'd read the PMs and then not answer...the only time he really did answer was when he had a sales thread while on the probation list and some members called him out in the thread.

Even if he answers now that he's messing up for the 3rd time (if you don't count the first one as multiples)...what good is it to let him off the hook again? He'll only be back.

Just got a nice book that I have never seen another copy of from him. I don't have anything to add or to defend him with I just read here that boardies are usually interested in hearing from the offending party. Seems like the way to go and I thought if nobody has tried contact other then the boards I would give it a try.

Anyone who has a job that keeps them "unavailable" for 3 weeks at a time shouldn't even be thinking about buying or selling comics on this chatboard.

To each their own.

All I'm saying is that if someone is truly unavailable for 3 weeks at a time and doesn't have the time to either ship books that were sold or pay for books that were bought, then why even bother? It seems like they're just setting themselves up for a bad reputation. (shrug)

Just got a nice book that I have never seen another copy of from him. I don't have anything to add or to defend him with I just read here that boardies are usually interested in hearing from the offending party. Seems like the way to go and I thought if nobody has tried contact other then the boards I would give it a try.

If you sell or buy on these boards, people should be able to contact you here if there's a problem - it's not the buyers or sellers responsibility to try to track down the other party through facebook, twitter, yahoo or the web in general.

I understand that you were being nice...and by all means, everyone should be as fair as possible, but what you just mentioned, is part of the problem with him. YOU got a nice book...so he contacted YOU...but didn't have the time to get back to Andre?

When I had my problem with him, I was not alone, Flaming Telepath and others had the same problem, but he was buying AND selling the whole time.

Then he said it was not him ...it was his brother/cousin...

So, maybe you got your book from his brother?

If you sell or buy on these boards, people should be able to contact you here if there's a problem - it's not the buyers or sellers responsibility to try to track down the other party through facebook, twitter, yahoo or the web in general.

Nobody said it was Michael. I only asked if anyone had.

Someone had kindly asked if we can wait a full 24 hours before adding Joker-Fish to the Hall of Shame, just to allow more responses in the poll.

So as to ensure the process remains fair, I've removed JF from the HoS until tomorrow morning.

Sorry if I moved too quickly to end the pain sooner rather than later.

:foryou:

Edited by Bosco685

We really do need some form of historic tracking, even if someone comes off the probation list. I never heard of Joker-Fish being on the probation list before.

Pov, lettuce see your draft work. :popcorn:

No real Draft Work needed. I PM'd Arch and asked if we could have a forum the same as Kudos, except for Probation issues. One name for one thread. This would make it MUCH easier to check histiry etc.

The current Probation Discussion is a real mess. I have my Preferences setup at 50 posts displayed per page (default is 10) and I have 182 pages. So there are over 9000 posts here.

I offered to help in adding historical data and also in helping moderating the forum (lots of moderating experience going back to 1980's bbs systems) to keep things in the right place.

I know there are issues to address but I think it would work well and be superior to this here thread.

We really do need some form of historic tracking, even if someone comes off the probation list. I never heard of Joker-Fish being on the probation list before.

No real Draft Work needed. I PM'd Arch and asked if we could have a forum the same as Kudos, except for Probation issues. One name for one thread. This would make it MUCH easier to check histiry etc.

The current Probation Discussion is a real mess. I have my Preferences setup at 50 posts displayed per page (default is 10) and I have 182 pages. So there are over 9000 posts here.

I offered to help in adding historical data and also in helping moderating the forum (lots of moderating experience going back to 1980's bbs systems) to keep things in the right place.

I know there are issues to address but I think it would work well and be superior to this here thread.

Agreed...hope that you and Arch work something out (thumbs u

On the Joker-Fish situation, 35 for adding him to the Hall of Shame, 3 against.

It is a shame having to expand the probation list further, but the forum has voted Joker-Fish be added as the 10th member of the Hall of Shame.

The list has been updated to reflect the final decision.

I had put together a running list and posted it awhile back. It was deemed unnecessary by everyone.

I had put together a running list and posted it awhile back. It was deemed unnecessary by everyone.

I disagree. We do need that list as if I am dealing with someone that is off and on the probation list a few times, I want to know that and make my own decision whether or not I complete a transaction with them.

I'm all for forgiving, but washing the slate completely clean leaves those without a historic reference flying blind. When a newer forumite's transaction goes bad and they find out the same behavior happened in the past, it leaves them questioning the safety and reliability of buying and selling on here.

And I was one of those that experienced Cap Freak's gaming, and was shocked when I found out he was off-and-on the probation list a few times before this situation.

I propose the Thing should be added to the probation list.

Back in February 2010, the Thing proposed a charity auction to benefit Not*Sure who had sadly lost her house to fire. He put up a coin of his:

71636.jpg

...and explained what a personal treasure it was. I'm not a coinee but I found the item appealing, and in a generous moment placed the winning bid of $250. I can't afford to blow $250 mind you, but I figured I'd receive an asset that could always be sold on eventually, and it was for a good cause.

I paid paypal of $250 on 1st March 2010.

the Thing advised it was shipped 12th March 2010.

the Thing asked if I'd received 13th April 2010. Answer no. Thing said he'd look for his delivery confirmation paperwork.

I requested an update 4th May 2010. Thing said he'd look for his paperwork.

7th May 2010, Thing hasn't found paperwork yet, but said if not sorted by June he would refund $200 (not $250) OR send alternative coins. I'm easy going and just said yes, whatever suits you best, thanks.

3rd June 2010, Thing checks in again. Answer, no, still nothing. Thing says he never did check his paperwork, and will now do so. Reiteration of previous offer of $200 or alternative coins. I said yes, just send me anything, thanks.

28th July 2010, I requested an update. Thing says he had forgotten, but will ship coins next week.

18th August 2010, Thing says he has bought an envelope and will use it to send coins tomorrow.

14th September 2010, Thing posts in a thread here that he will send my coins 'this week'.

That last assurance was 7 weeks ago. It is now 8 months since I paypal'd $250. I'm an easygoing guy who will put up with quite a lot in order to maintain friendly relations. Also, this was a charity auction to benefit a boardie in trouble, which makes me even less willing to raise a fuss. Also, the Thing has during this time acquired twin baby boys! But there is a limit...