• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I propose the Thing should be added to the probation list.

Back in February 2010, the Thing proposed a charity auction to benefit Not*Sure who had sadly lost her house to fire. He put up a coin of his:

71636.jpg

...and explained what a personal treasure it was. I'm not a coinee but I found the item appealing, and in a generous moment placed the winning bid of $250. I can't afford to blow $250 mind you, but I figured I'd receive an asset that could always be sold on eventually, and it was for a good cause.

I paid paypal of $250 on 1st March 2010.

the Thing advised it was shipped 12th March 2010.

the Thing asked if I'd received 13th April 2010. Answer no. Thing said he'd look for his delivery confirmation paperwork.

I requested an update 4th May 2010. Thing said he'd look for his paperwork.

7th May 2010, Thing hasn't found paperwork yet, but said if not sorted by June he would refund $200 (not $250) OR send alternative coins. I'm easy going and just said yes, whatever suits you best, thanks.

3rd June 2010, Thing checks in again. Answer, no, still nothing. Thing says he never did check his paperwork, and will now do so. Reiteration of previous offer of $200 or alternative coins. I said yes, just send me anything, thanks.

28th July 2010, I requested an update. Thing says he had forgotten, but will ship coins next week.

18th August 2010, Thing says he has bought an envelope and will use it to send coins tomorrow.

14th September 2010, Thing posts in a thread here that he will send my coins 'this week'.

That last assurance was 7 weeks ago. It is now 8 months since I paypal'd $250. I'm an easygoing guy who will put up with quite a lot in order to maintain friendly relations. Also, this was a charity auction to benefit a boardie in trouble, which makes me even less willing to raise a fuss. Also, the Thing has during this time acquired twin baby boys! But there is a limit...

Definitly probation worthy.

Is there a coinee probation list? He does not sell or buy comics to my knowledge. Maybe a probation listing in the coin section would get his attention?

I'd be totally danged before I'd except a $200 refund for a $250 sale thats 8 months late in shipping.

I'd say the guy should refund you your full purchase price AND give you something just for the heck of it. I doubt very seriously if the charity party received any of the money either unless you sent payment to a different paypal address than his.

This much slack still DESERVES probation status... especially since the guy just stated he didn't care about the probation list in the first place. Put him on the Hall of Shame list and that way he won't have to worry about dealing with any of us again.

The nerve of some people. He11blazer... you deserved better than what you got.

I do have to say this though, what is up with the addresses in the U.K? 6 friggin lines!!!!!! Doesn't help matters. Try writing that 3 times on all the customs forms and shipping material!

Last time I sent something to the States it was 5 lines, plus one custom form. Not much of a hardship really.

Only took me an hour to do, and that included 45 minutes to walk to the post office.

Took me 8 months to walk back though.

Why send it now ? Wait a couple months and it will have been an entire year. Thats gotta be some sort of record.

True... I could take pictures of every envelope in the post office and never mail a one of them.

I do have to say this though, what is up with the addresses in the U.K? 6 friggin lines!!!!!! Doesn't help matters. Try writing that 3 times on all the customs forms and shipping material!

Last time I sent something to the States it was 5 lines, plus one custom form. Not much of a hardship really.

Only took me an hour to do, and that included 45 minutes to walk to the post office.

:roflmao:

In the snow? Uphill both ways?

My post office is a few minutes away. Sometimes I actually walk over there also, and it takes hours to walk back. Of course Finnegan's Irish pub is on the way! :insane:

DR.X

I doubt very seriously if the charity party received any of the money either unless you sent payment to a different paypal address than his.

It was completely open and transparent and each person got a copy of the e-mail that the money was sent to Cheri's husband's PayPal account. And, Cheri knew the final tally on items sold and that is exactly how much she received plus some extra from a few kind members. Over $2000.00. More than you make working the drive-through at McDonalds. I might be slacking and lazy, but I'm not a crook. And I put a hell of a lot of time into it too, minus the 8 months for me to ship HB's coins. :boo:

And I put a hell of a lot of time into it too, minus the 8 months for me to ship HB's coins. :boo:

And therein lies the rub - a beautiful event to selflessly help someone in need, tainted by a poorly handled transaction.

I know you realize this now. But I think James is being a real gentleman about this, and should be commended for his handling of a not-so-nice situation.

(worship)

I doubt very seriously if the charity party received any of the money either unless you sent payment to a different paypal address than his.

It was completely open and transparent and each person got a copy of the e-mail that the money was sent to Cheri's husband's PayPal account. And, Cheri knew the final tally on items sold and that is exactly how much she received plus some extra from a few kind members. Over $2000.00. More than you make working the drive-through at McDonalds. I might be slacking and lazy, but I'm not a crook. And I put a hell of a lot of time into it too, minus the 8 months for me to ship HB's coins. :boo:

Fair enough. You did find time to post almost every day somewhere on the boards...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&id=1591

... all the way back for months and months... but still couldn't put one coin from a $250 win based on generosity... into one envelope and mail it.

I want you to realize that it is a slap in the face to everyone here to state you don't care about the rules or probation list status. When the majority of us sell something here, we don't procrastinate or make excuses... we just ship it. We care about the rules because we don't want the things that happened to He11blazer happening to us. If you don't care about the community or the rules that were here before you, then you should sever your ties here.

How much longer would you have waited to mail him anything had this thread not came about? 6 more months? Or would the man's generosity have simply been forgotten? Just bad business.

Good God boy, quit being a drama queen.

Yeah, it makes one long for an area of the boards free from drama queens where everyone is stoic and mature and immune from flights of fancy...like the Water Cooler. :eyeroll:

I don't think he is being a drama queen.

Look at it from the forum perspective as buyers. Someone spends $250 on an item to help out a person in need - is promised a wonderful coin in exchange for their donation - and 8 months later he is still waiting for something to arrive.

I think it was this comment that bothered him, which I have to admit comes across as flippant.

Honestly, I don't give a rats rear end about any probabtion or anything, but when skypinkblu pointed this thead out to me, it made me realize James had reached his limit, rightfully so, and got me to take care of it.

I think what you were trying to convey is it wasn't the probation list concern that got your act in gear - it was seeing James so bothered by the extremely long delay. Right?

Probably machismo mixed in with the excitement to resolve the situation got in the way of communicating what you truly meant.

:gossip: It's a Texas thing - we get it. :baiting:

celebrity-pictures-chuck-norris-the.jpg

I admitted I was wrong, very wrong, made no excuse, took care of it. Bio-Burp needs to get a life and worry about his own McProblems. I've known some people on these boards 10+ years, and if some boy without a life wants to act as the local Sheriff, and as though he knows me, well, go play cowboy somewhere else. Saying Cheri likely didn't get the money? Give me a break. The kid thrives on drama, wants to create some to try and get a reaction out of me. Here is the only reaction he will get out of me....

I'll take a McRib combo with a large coke.........

This problem seems out of character for you Thing. Glad you've finally addressed the issue.

+1, now get your @ss back to the WC. :baiting: