• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I propose the Thing should be added to the probation list.

Back in February 2010, the Thing proposed a charity auction to benefit Not*Sure who had sadly lost her house to fire. He put up a coin of his:

71636.jpg

...and explained what a personal treasure it was. I'm not a coinee but I found the item appealing, and in a generous moment placed the winning bid of $250. I can't afford to blow $250 mind you, but I figured I'd receive an asset that could always be sold on eventually, and it was for a good cause.

I paid paypal of $250 on 1st March 2010.

the Thing advised it was shipped 12th March 2010.

the Thing asked if I'd received 13th April 2010. Answer no. Thing said he'd look for his delivery confirmation paperwork.

I requested an update 4th May 2010. Thing said he'd look for his paperwork.

7th May 2010, Thing hasn't found paperwork yet, but said if not sorted by June he would refund $200 (not $250) OR send alternative coins. I'm easy going and just said yes, whatever suits you best, thanks.

3rd June 2010, Thing checks in again. Answer, no, still nothing. Thing says he never did check his paperwork, and will now do so. Reiteration of previous offer of $200 or alternative coins. I said yes, just send me anything, thanks.

28th July 2010, I requested an update. Thing says he had forgotten, but will ship coins next week.

18th August 2010, Thing says he has bought an envelope and will use it to send coins tomorrow.

14th September 2010, Thing posts in a thread here that he will send my coins 'this week'.

That last assurance was 7 weeks ago. It is now 8 months since I paypal'd $250. I'm an easygoing guy who will put up with quite a lot in order to maintain friendly relations. Also, this was a charity auction to benefit a boardie in trouble, which makes me even less willing to raise a fuss. Also, the Thing has during this time acquired twin baby boys! But there is a limit...

Definitly probation worthy.

Is there a coinee probation list? He does not sell or buy comics to my knowledge. Maybe a probation listing in the coin section would get his attention?

Yea, no excuses, been slacking. The first shipment did get lost. I've had the other coins and envelope sitting on my desk. Had planned on a detailed attributing them before shipping but will just get them in the mail today. In fact, I'm leaving work now and going home to do it. Will ship global priority and take a pic for proof. My apologies HB and no hard feelings I hope. I'll attribute them after u get them if u send me pics. They'll be enroute in less than an hour.

Coins have been shipped and insured. Have lots of pics for proof I'll post in the WC later. $35.70 for shipping 4 small coins. Hope they get there this time, no tracking number available, insured for $300.00 with return receipt. Thanks to skypinkblu for letting me know about this thread or I wouldn't have known or got my in gear.

Yea, no excuses, been slacking. The first shipment did get lost. I've had the other coins and envelope sitting on my desk. Had planned on a detailed attributing them before shipping but will just get them in the mail today. In fact, I'm leaving work now and going home to do it. Will ship global priority and take a pic for proof. My apologies HB and no hard feelings I hope. I'll attribute them after u get them if u send me pics. They'll be enroute in less than an hour.

I'm glad you are being honest about slacking, and shipped the coins out once this was brought up. But March to November?

Put down the slacker jacks!

slackerjack1-ans3.jpg

Not to split hairs, but can a coinee be placed on this list? Was the sale done here or in another Forum? Just asking. (shrug)

I would think anyone can be placed on the list, Coinee, Comicee or WaterCooleree if they sell in the Forum Only selling area and muck things up.

I see three things here, though:

1) This was in the Water Cooler rather than the Forum Only Selling area

2) Thing spearheaded the organization of the charity auction and acted as the middle-man

3) Thing made no money from this and he made sure that Not*sure* got all of the proceeds.

I think a good drubbing is in order, but not placement on the Probation List. So when Thing posts in the WC, I say we drub him there to make him look even more foolish than he usually does!

Hellblazer has obviously been more than patient and he was acting for a good cause. He was certainly right in bringing this up. I hope he gets some nice bonus from Thing for the trouble.

Edited by Povertyrow

Value wise, he is ahead than just the single coin. I sent him some neat historical coins.

Bronze prutah of Pontius Pilate from the year Jesus was crucified 32 AD

Broze prutah of Porcus Festus, procurator of Judea under Nero 58 AD

Crusader French Billion Denier from about 1100 AD

and a great coin of Constantine the Great from about 330 AD.

Honestly, I don't give a rats rear end about any probabtion or anything, but when skypinkblu pointed this thead out to me, it made me realize James had reached his limit, rightfully so, and got me to take care of it.

I'm glad you are being honest about slacking, and shipped the coins out once this was brought up. But March to November?

Put down the slacker jacks!

slackerjack1-ans3.jpg

lol

I do have to say this though, what is up with the addresses in the U.K? 6 friggin lines!!!!!! Doesn't help matters. Try writing that 3 times on all the customs forms and shipping material!

Do in online and you can copy and paste the info from his email correspondence to you. Then it prints 4 copies of all the customs docs. Winds up taking 2 minutes longer than a domestic package to ship.

I do have to say this though, what is up with the addresses in the U.K? 6 friggin lines!!!!!! Doesn't help matters. Try writing that 3 times on all the customs forms and shipping material!

Do in online and you can copy and paste the into from his email correspondence to you. Then it prints 4 copies of all the customs docs. Winds up taking 2 minutes longer than a domestic package to ship.

And it costs less too :whee:

Do in online and you can copy and paste the into from his email correspondence to you. Then it prints 4 copies of all the customs docs. Winds up taking 2 minutes longer than a domestic package to ship.

Ditto, I did an Express International to John in the UK last night. The forms have many more possible entries, but most don't apply to us. The addresses are long, but the online page is easier to work with. I had to pay for insurance in person, which got the clerk to mumbling about the many options and the address parts.

Online the postage is a little cheaper too, maybe 5-10%. For Priority Mail, the 6 pound parcel would have been over $40 for postage alone, and near $50 total with insurance.

I chose the Express International because the insurance was just $3.55, the parcel total was about $55. You get different insurance rates for Express and Registered Mail, much cheaper than Priority or 1st Class rates.

Yes, do it online.