• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I’m not sure if or how I can help to fix this current issue between Mike and Beau, but if it helps any, I’d be willing to either repay you both for your troubles or offer up a donation to a future charitable cause on both your behalves. I never got to see the books in question or what the PM exchange consisted of, but I do know that both of you are very respectable collectors who were willing to go above and beyond to help a fellow boardie in need. With all that in mind, I give you both a (worship)

Thanks for the kind words, Julio - the situation you went through last year is not something I'd wish on anyone, and I'm glad to hear that you're in a better position now.

I think it's time to just put this to rest ... I'm going to donate the books in question to the next charity auction that rolls around, and hopefully that'll be the end of that.

Since you wanted an apology Mike; here it is: I'm sorry. I'm pretty sure nothing I say can mend our fences, and it probably shouldn't.

We're a community here, and I hope this hadn't caused any sort of schism. Hopefully our catfight will be short-lived in forum member-memory.

I doubt it, though. :P

Hi guys (& gals) Sorry to bring this up, but Well should I name the guy who didn't send me payment for this?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4876254&gonew=1#UNREAD

It's been well over a MONTH and I've gotten nothing.

Unfortunately, I've never heard from him since. What's the best way to approach this situation?

Thanks for any help.

I've finally decided to put it back up.

Edited by Mr 9.8

Sam, I think you have been very patient. If there have been no responses to any inquiries and now it is over a month, I think you are totally right to relist the book and bring this up here.

You know we will all say yes so let me cut to the chase.

1. Did you contact through PM/Email or any other method?

2. Did the person ever respond and give an excuse?

3. Let it rip.

Sam, I think you have been very patient. If there have been no responses to any inquiries and now it is over a month, I think you are totally right to relist the book and bring this up here.
Thank you.

It's this guy...cookie1963

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=12491

1. Did you contact through PM/Email or any other method? Yes

No & No

3. Let it rip. I did.

1. Did you contact through PM/Email or any other method? Yes

No & No

3. Let it rip. I did.

I should say that the last time I contacted him he said it takes awhile for the check to arrive to me from Canada, But it's been OVER a month. Edited by Mr 9.8

Thank you.

It's this guy...cookie1963

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=12491

Last post was 5/20/2011. hm

Well he hasn't posted in about a month and that is usually the length of service in Habitat for Humanity when rebuilding villages in Darfur, so you may be feeling pretty foolish when he gets back. :baiting:

Well he hasn't posted in about a month and that is usually the length of service in Habitat for Humanity when rebuilding villages in Darfur, so you may be feeling pretty foolish when he gets back. :baiting:

lol Then he should have said something about ''rebuilding villages in Darfur'' (if that were the case) but he didn't and hasn't. :frustrated:

Not sure what is going on with Tim (cookie1963) on your transaction sir... I can say that he purchased from me from the Clooneython back in March.

He mailed me cash (since I don't take checks or foreign money orders) on $25 - $30 worth of merch plus shipping. He sent it promptly too.

I hope that everything is all right with him. I wish I knew what was happening with him and I hate that he hasn't came through on this one. Hopefully its something simple.

That said, 30 days is plenty of time to wait and no one will fault you for putting your item back up for sale. I just hope that Tim comes back to the boards to explain his behavior.

He said he sent you a check?
Yep.

Has he read the PM's

There is a national postal strike in Canada and for the last few weeks certain locations have been on strike. I've also been delayed in shipping. Not as extreme as 30 days but even if he was delayed a couple weeks then he could be delayed by the strike.

eBay has even given Canadian sellers a type of "free pass" from negative feedback during the strike.