• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Then I would suggest giving it a little more time although you can add him to the list and then remove him if he follows through. Your call.

cookie1963 bought some raw books from me in late April or so. He sent a money order. Though my bank took their sweet time clearing it, it did arrive promptly and communication with him was not difficult at all.

I hope this is all a misunderstanding that gets cleared up soon. However, if you don't hear from him soon, it sounds like it'd be probation-worthy.

While on the topic. Buyer posts a :takeit: in a thread, yet doesn't complete the transaction and is placed on the probation list. After X amount of time he wants to make amends but the seller resold the book. If the transaction cannot be completed how does the buyer ever get off the probation list?

While on the topic. Buyer posts a :takeit: in a thread, yet doesn't complete the transaction and is placed on the probation list. After X amount of time he wants to make amends but the seller resold the book. If the transaction cannot be completed how does the buyer ever get off the probation list?
He has to work out something to the sellers liking or rot.

A good question tho, because idk what would happen if the seller was no longer active on the boards and unable to be reached. I guess thats the chance you take to screw people around.

I know FT came up with a unique situation in this case. He essentially offered his blessing for the probation lister to engage in transactions with his approval. Then when he received confirmation that a certain number of deals went off without problem he removed the boardie from the list despite the item being sold to another party long in the past after the initial failed deal.

As for a seller who has become completely inactive...I am sure the collective braintrust could come up with some sort of idea if it was a first time offender and there appeared to be a genuine desire to correct the previous bad acts.

Edited by Snake Eyes

I know FT came up with a unique situation in this case. He essentially offered his blessing for the probation lister to engage in transactions with his approval. Then when he received confirmation that a certain number of deals went off without problem he removed the boardie from the list despite the item being sold to another party long in the past after the initial failed deal.

As for a seller who has become completely inactive...I am sure the collective braintrust could come up with some sort of idea if it was a first time offender and there appeared to be a genuine desire to correct the previous bad acts.

A wet noodle flogging line. hm

Yep you contact all of us...public discussion, opportunity for offending party to respond, etc. etc. Typically, HOS has to be an incredibly grevious or multiple offense bad guy (not just failing on one transaction). Also, of late it seems that I have noticed board wide votes being taken before someone is placed on that hallowed list of ne'er-do-wells.

Anyway, first step is to just post the details right here in this thread.

I would never dog Bad Brad. He is the bee's knees.

You can't prove it didn't happen. (tsk)