• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I had one of those posts last night where you sleep on things or ask the advice of another before posting. I decided ultimately to not go wall of text or rant/rave. It has been suggested, however, that this may be an innocent mistake or that somehow poor social skills are to blame. I believe otherwise and would urge caution in transactions with Trey Cannon.

Perhaps it is because his first incident is close to when I got heavily involved in the boards it stays forefront in my mind. Nonetheless, there have been a number of difficulties (admittedly less so recently) in his postings. As such, I would urge any boardies reading this post down the line to do a little investigation before placing themselves potentially at risk as the best predictor of future behavior is what we have engaged in previously. :foryou:

Below are links to multiple strikes if future buyers/sellers want to research information regarding Trey Cannon.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3267476#Post3267476

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3423518#Post3423518

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5245859#Post5245859

That's a a very well thought out post.

I knew about two of the strikes (the concocted story strike - headache and this one). To me, two strikes are not necessarily a pattern. 3 might be.

I actually did not realize there was a third.

Does anybody remember what it was for?

Looking at his threads around that time, it seemed to be a strike reflecting cumulative violations (listing books already on eBay, spamming with multiple sales threads, etc.). Just reflects a few minutes of digging, may have been more to it than that but I do not recall specifics.

Supposedly, Trey Cannon is ex-military. At least that is what he tells artists at shows. What branch of the military was he in, and did he get Section 8 because of his "specialness?"

Interesting angle.

I'd like to know that too.

(thumbs u

I went and pulled up his Sig Room thread. He states that he was in the Air Force from 1997-2005.

I'm waiting to hear back from him. He's been reading the threads and I asked if I could post his email to me on here as it might explain a few things. Or not.

Isn't it amazing what a mess a little dumbassery can create?

I actually find it comical in a way. You couldn't -script this stuff for Hollywood.

One lie started a bigger mess.

Which is exactly the breakdown of the first fiasco. The dude clearly loves comic books, but i wouldn't trust him with a transaction involving a Snickers bar.

Agree completely Sean...that is the clearest warning sign to me. Either he cannot or will not learn from past experiences. In either case, that places boardies at risk in the future and creates recurrent difficulties/drama generally speaking.

Supposedly, Trey Cannon is ex-military. At least that is what he tells artists at shows. What branch of the military was he in, and did he get Section 8 because of his "specialness?"

Interesting angle.

(thumbs u

I went and pulled up his Sig Room thread. He states that he was in the Air Force from 1997-2005.

I'm waiting to hear back from him. He's been reading the threads and I asked if I could post his email to me on here as it might explain a few things. Or not.

I actually find it comical in a way. You couldn't -script this stuff for Hollywood.

Which is exactly the breakdown of the first fiasco. The dude clearly loves comic books, but i wouldn't trust him with a transaction involving a Snickers bar.

Like I said before in the original thread, If you think you're going to get away with things on these boards, you are wrong - don't try it. He's tried it so many times already and failed each and every one.

Interesting angle.

(thumbs u

He lied in both cases (the PGX book and the special needs brother fiasco) but in both cases he was trying to save face from what he thought was an embarrassing situation.

I personally don't believe anybody's money was ever at risk.

Still comical as hell as an outsider looking in.

doh!

And I agree that one small lie create this entire mess. It's the way most messes start. You form a small crack and it widens out of control.

As an interesting side note, we saw "The Ides Of March" starting George Clooney last night at a local, privately owned movie theatre that we like to support. If you haven't seen it, it was a pretty interesting take on politics. It has nothing to do with Caesar or Shakespeare.

What struck me about the movie was how much grief, pain and deceit one little lie creates as it grows like a web and causes people to sometimes change their values just to minimize damage. Always better to be 100% truthful from the start.

Ironically, one of the people that we went with has a real problem with lying and it was a surreal "I hope he gets it" moment at the end of the movie.

Hopefully Trey gets it, too.

I had one of those posts last night where you sleep on things or ask the advice of another before posting. I decided ultimately to not go wall of text or rant/rave. It has been suggested, however, that this may be an innocent mistake or that somehow poor social skills are to blame. I believe otherwise and would urge caution in transactions with Trey Cannon.

Perhaps it is because his first incident is close to when I got heavily involved in the boards it stays forefront in my mind. Nonetheless, there have been a number of difficulties (admittedly less so recently) in his postings. As such, I would urge any boardies reading this post down the line to do a little investigation before placing themselves potentially at risk as the best predictor of future behavior is what we have engaged in previously. :foryou:

Below are links to multiple strikes if future buyers/sellers want to research information regarding Trey Cannon.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3267476#Post3267476

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3423518#Post3423518

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5245859#Post5245859

That's a a very well thought out post.

I knew about two of the strikes (the concocted story strike - headache and this one). To me, two strikes are not necessarily a pattern. 3 might be.

I actually did not realize there was a third.

Does anybody remember what it was for?

Looking at his threads around that time, it seemed to be a strike reflecting cumulative violations (listing books already on eBay, spamming with multiple sales threads, etc.). Just reflects a few minutes of digging, may have been more to it than that but I do not recall specifics.

Yeah, the first strike was for continually starting sales threads that violated guidelines. Over and over and over... I seem to recall there having been at least a half-dozen sales threads (probably more) that the mods closed down.

I think some people are confusing the story he made up about the slow brother, with Trey's actual abilities. Anyone who can write such a creative epic, should be OK. As for other possible problems, I'll leave that to the people on the board who actually have degrees in psychology, but my guess is, they can't diagnose from rants/posts, alone.

From my own non professional observations, Trey is a very normal person who gets emotional when he thinks he's in a bit of trouble. Many people do, also something that is very normal.

Sharon,

I have a child with special needs. I have gone to classes, support groups. Work with his class on a regular basis. I cannot count how many dollars have been spent on social bridges groups, tutoring, etc. If anyone has compassion for the handicapped it is me. It has hit close to home. I don't see this in Trey, I don't. Maybe he is a little off socially but the elaborate stories he concocts tells me he knows exactly what he is doing.

After all the years I have been here I know Roy will be Roy so I take that with a grain of salt. I personally feel there is never a reason to condone any action based on the "handicap" card. Some things are truly beyond a persons control, but that is not the case with Trey. He was deceptive twice in the same thread first listing a cropped PGX scan and then lying about it and telling those asking to take their business elsewhere.

For the record, I don't think he's handicapped or special needs. I just think that he is a little socially inept. He just happens to react exactly the wrong way when backed into a corner.

We're all a little socially inept in one way or another. Trey just happens to be socially internet inept from what I can see.

Also, I'm not asking anyone excuse his behavior, all I am saying is to keep it in context and perspective. Other well respected, well beloved board members have all sold PGX books knowing that the rules were in place but Trey is going to be the poster boy and I think that's a little unfair.

It was a learning experience, Trey can answer for himself when his strike is over and Joey and Trey can settle this mano a mano.

Most drama can be averted with a few simple principles like if your brother offends you go and talk to him about it directly.

I did. His reaction was not one to indicate a smooth road to resolution.

Context and perspective is a round about way of saying "excuse his behavior".

I wouldn't say context and perspective is a round about way of saying excuse his behaviour.

I would say that context and perspective is a way to keep things fair rather than get tunnel visioned and form a witch hunt.

The fact that other board members have sold PGX graded books here without facing the wrath of the system simply because they were well liked is one thing to keep in mind,

I think Chris (comix4fun) said it well, it's obviously an area where the Mods have jurisdiction and he's already been given a strike and a vacation.

OT to Dale, Just to be clear I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything I was just going by names that were named in this thread over the course of the weekend. Heck, I don't remember but I may have even sold a PGX book or two on here before the rules were put into place.

:foryou:

(thumbs u

Interesting angle.

(thumbs u

He lied in both cases (the PGX book and the special needs brother fiasco) but in both cases he was trying to save face from what he thought was an embarrassing situation.

doh!

And I agree that one small lie create this entire mess. It's the way most messes start. You form a small crack and it widens out of control.

As an interesting side note, we saw "The Ides Of March" starting George Clooney last night at a local, privately owned movie theatre that we like to support. If you haven't seen it, it was a pretty interesting take on politics. It has nothing to do with Caesar or Shakespeare.

What struck me about the movie was how much grief, pain and deceit one little lie creates as it grows like a web and causes people to sometimes change their values just to minimize damage. Always better to be 100% truthful from the start.

Ironically, one of the people that we went with has a real problem with lying and it was a surreal "I hope he gets it" moment at the end of the movie.

I know you feel some need to defend this guy, which in and of itself is commendable, but your continuing attempt to dismiss and diminish the "circus" by calling it "hilarious" and "a comedy" reveals just how fundamentally you don't understand the problem.

Let's break it down to its essence:

Two men.

Both walking across a stretch of grass, which has a "KEEP OFF GRASS" sign posted.

Neither sees the sign when they begin walking on the grass.

The first guy sees the sign, and immediately gets off the grass as fast as he can. He didn't intend to trespass, and fixes his mistake as fast as possible.

The second guy sees the sign, walks up to it, kicks it over, and says to himself "I can walk anywhere I damn well please."

Both men trespassed.

Only one man rebelled.

Trey Cannon is the second man.

Lying to "save face", while tempting, reveals a moral deficiency. His continual disregard of the rules further reveals a moral deficiency.

Someone said this once: "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."

Interesting angle.

(thumbs u

doh!

I know you feel some need to defend this guy, which in and of itself is commendable, but your contiuing attempt to dismiss and diminish the "circus" by calling it "hilarious" and "a comedy" reveals just how fundamentally you don't understand the problem.

Two men.

Both walking across a stretch of grass, which has a "KEEP OFF GRASS" sign posted.

The first guy sees the sign, and immediately gets off the grass as fast as he can. He didn't intend to trespass, and fixes his mistake as fast as possible.

The second guy sees the sign, walks up to it, kicks it over, and says to himself "I can walk anywhere I damn well please."

Both men trespassed.

Only one man rebelled.

Lying to "save face", while tempting, reveals a moral deficiency. His continual disregard of the rules further reveals a moral deficiency.

Someone said this once: "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."

Cool Story, Bro.

I think I heard that one before, but the men walked into a bar. hm

One might have been a lawyer and the other one was a duck if I remember it right.

Interesting angle.

(thumbs u

doh!

I know you feel some need to defend this guy, which in and of itself is commendable, but your contiuing attempt to dismiss and diminish the "circus" by calling it "hilarious" and "a comedy" reveals just how fundamentally you don't understand the problem.

Two men.

Both men trespassed.

Only one man rebelled.

Cool Story, Bro.

I think I heard that one before, but the men walked into a bar. hm

One might have been a lawyer and the other one was a duck if I remember it right.

No, one was Superman in disguise and he flew out the window; the other was a drunken schnook who tried to imitate Supes. :tonofbricks:

Interesting angle.

(thumbs u

How about a fun size?

Come on Chris, that's pretty offensive. Sean may be short, but "fun size"?

Trey Cannon added, Trey Cannon removed, Trey Cannon added, Trey Cannon removed.

What are you guys doing, training for the Super Committee? doh!

Next they have to shake Trey all about...if they are following the song.

Interesting angle.

(thumbs u

How about a fun size?

lol That is an awesome euphemism for short. "Fun-sized." I am going to use that.

Interesting angle.

(thumbs u

How about a fun size?

lol That is an awesome euphemism for short. "Fun-sized." I am going to use that.

Baltimore Lauren coined the term first.

Baltimore Lauren coined the term first.

Yup and I use it regularly.

:headbang:

I know you feel some need to defend this guy, which in and of itself is commendable, but your continuing attempt to dismiss and diminish the "circus" by calling it "hilarious" and "a comedy" reveals just how fundamentally you don't understand the problem.

Hey Rocky, I can disagree with someone's actions or decisions, consider them wrong and still find it comical.

(thumbs u

Anyway, Trey did give me permission to post his email to me since he can't come on here anymore.

Turns out that he is indeed banned (or so he tells me) after receiving 3 strikes.

Below is his (unsolicited) email:

Dear Roy,

I have been banned from the CGC boards by the Moderaters. First off I want to thank you for supporting me . I was wrong in selling the PGX book because it violated the rules of CGC. The only reason I thought it was ok was because I had seen and had bought PGX slabbed books from other members on the boards. They too cropped the image. I just assumed this was acceptable practice as none of the other people who had done it had been outed and chastised. My second point I would like to make is the only reason I contacted Joey in the first place was to see if he was happy with the book and if he was happy to leave appropriate feedback. I do this with every one I sell to. Once he said he had a problem with it being a PGX book I offered him a refund which was on the right thing to do. I only asked that it be returned in the PGX holder. When he said he cracked the book out and was keeping it I assumed the transaction was successfully completed. That should have been the end of the story. But Joey deciede to out me for selling a PGX book. Thats why I posted the PMS because I did all I could do to try and resolve the issue I offered a refund he declined said he was going to keep the book. I would like to point out that some people on those boards will never give me a fair shake based on that very first sales thread 3 years ago which I openly explained and appologized for. That being said I'm kinda glad I am now banned from that site because I personally feel that certain individuals were out to get me no matter what I do or how many successful sales I would have or had. If you like you can tell the boards I appologize for selling the PGX book since it broke CGC rules but I will not appologize to Joey because I considered the transaction satisfactory completed when he aggreed to keep the book. They can leave me on the PL or HOS list all they want because since I am banned the point is now moot. Furthermore, I do have a mental disability I am Bipolar and skitso-affective not that that matters. In conclusion I would like to thank you personally for always being level headed understanding and cortual to me and thanks again for selling me the Cap #3 that book will be with me for a long long time.

Sincerly

Trey Cannon